drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » is flstudio4 enough??
Go to the bottom of this page is flstudio4 enough??
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

my only real question here is will flstudio do what the average dnb producer asks of it or do i REALLY need another program.? Confused
again it's a matter of choice and i am a big believer in the main thing that matters is the actuall finished sound as opposed to a certain sort of setup is required.

i've really got no money, my income is poor and my financial status is worse, only in the last year have i been really gaining confidence in my producing and making hiphop,garage n rnb tracks for mates to rap on or collaborate on is helping to keep techniques 'fresh' in my mind.

Honestly speaking an i probably shouldn't say this but probably 70% of my software is cracked and at the moment i can't afford to spend much more than £100 on any software alone.
as it goes i wouldn't know where to start lookin for something since i've been using fruity for so long now, plus i've just found out that i been using fruity incorrectly to make my tunes!!!!!
i was playing the patterns as a song and building up a tune pattern by pattern!! Shocked Shocked , (chucking everything on one pattern!!!) Huh Huh
i'm sure this has happened to many of you long ago in the past but i live on my own with practicly no mates and have learnt to use fruityloops by pressing buttons and seeing what they do!!!!. Cool

some call me crazy or inexperienced, i'd probably agree with both but i do have talent man, i play guitar,sing and will turn my hand to any project, i can go out on a friday night an get£80 by busking on the street!! easy money mate, an a real good buzz..,, birds luv it!!!

but as you can tell, i gotta lot of time on my hands!!!if you've bothered to read all of this then fairplay 2 ya bruv!!!,or sis!!!, any comments welcome

Laterz

G

__
My Sounds

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Glim: 09-12-2004 16:35.

09-12-2004 16:33
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

i say just keep it up......nothing wrong with FL studio no matter what anyone tells you.......i've made drum and bass with midi instruments before......i've seen a guy who makes music with four Nintendo Gameboy's hooked up to some effects processors and all circuit bent to produce some real grimey sounds!!! as long as you like what you're doing and how you're doing it......then DO IT.....don't let anyone get you down man

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
09-12-2004 16:41 Homepage of spudleyq
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

i jus checked out ur track, the 3/4 tempo thing,, mate it is propa wicked, check out my review bro

G

__
My Sounds
09-12-2004 17:01
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

i just read it......always good to see other people digging the evil vibes!!! too many haters listened to that song and told me it was halloweeny.....or too repetitive........as if all music aside from classical isn't repetitive!!! anyways.......thanks man!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
09-12-2004 17:10 Homepage of spudleyq
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by spudleyq
as long as you like what you're doing and how you're doing it......then DO IT.....don't let anyone get you down man

agree 100% man..Smile
if you like it, it doesent matter what anyone says..
if you have fun with it and are able to grow with it, it doesent matter others opinion... i like reviews for the chance of me learning a new way to do what i want to, thats the only reason...
peace an' Bigup 4 da quote

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
09-12-2004 17:24 Homepage of Polar Freq
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » is flstudio4 enough??