drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » What do you think about this?
Go to the bottom of this page What do you think about this?
Author
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

www.concentration.bravehost.com
i made this site like 3 months ago (before drumnbass.be age) and if you can and want and will could you check out this site (im not shure if i posted on this before, or it was my intention to) sorry if i repeated...
but anyway, any replies would be quite appreciated..
thank you..
and yeah, how do you like my new avatar?? its me..
a little edited but, me nevertheless.
peace peoplez, i wish you peace.. (in a funky and exciting way ufcourse) Smile
(oh no=> wrong subgroup.. sorry admin team)) Smile

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Polar Freq: 09-12-2004 04:00.

09-12-2004 03:31 Homepage of Polar Freq
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Site: the banners are really annoying, but the flash part is quite cool. Navigation could be a bit more straight forward, but it's OK.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

09-12-2004 10:23 Homepage of Surya
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

so true about the flash!

It's nice but not realy my kind of style....

but biggy up anyway!

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
09-12-2004 13:33
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

what prog did you use for the flash?

did you make those "cyber animations?"
you got some killer ones in there......flash is fun!
Big Grin

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
09-12-2004 14:25 Homepage of spudleyq
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

flash iz reel fun, im on it for over 4 years
yeah everything iz made in flash by me in that site.
the user interface is alittle slow, but i intend to fix that in the next grandmaster site (which will be payed for) Smile
but ill probably make that after a few months..
glad you like it Smile ))
peace

__
-damjan cd
09-12-2004 18:28 Homepage of Polar Freq
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

which prog do you use for flash? dreamweaver? director? animator? swishmax?

__

09-12-2004 19:16 Homepage of spudleyq
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Damn those animations ar really nice, u must have put a lot of work in making them. Are they free to use?

And yeah- how did u make'm? Just flash, or some other proggie?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
09-12-2004 19:28 Homepage of djfreemc
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

only macromedia flash, everything is in flash..
the program is sick. i watched a kinda hi-tech promotion in japan about flash player some new generation (and new flash generation) it was unbelievable.. my motuh just dropped... and after a while it came up again becouse they just commercialized the rest.. fuckheadz (the new flash team, the old flash team waz grCool
thank you about the reply bout the anims..Smile )
but for now im pausing (mostly because im moving, and a little because im doin school shit) fuk skool
peace and grapefruit people, thats all we need ('cept the grapefruit part)
oh yeah, they are free to use as long as you mention me somewhere (please?? Smile thx

__
-damjan cd

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Polar Freq: 09-12-2004 23:25.

09-12-2004 23:24 Homepage of Polar Freq
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

You should try Swift 3D Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

10-12-2004 13:07 Homepage of Surya
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

I'm not a fan of flash at all... It's cool to have a game or smth in it, but flash-based websites suck imho. It can be good looking with a lot of show, but it ain't handy at all.

Take i.e. the kinepolis website (major cinema complex chain in Belgium) - the time-tables etc, completely in flash, but also the route description... Very handy when someone asks how to get there, then you have to say (to go to bxls i.e.) "http://www.kinepolis.com/index.cfm?PageID=346&cid=KBRU - then click info, then click route", instead of being able to give him/her the direct link to the route where he/she can click on and have it right in front of him/her. Maybe a stupid example, but this exact example I experienced yesterday Smile

As long as it's for spicing up a webpage with useless cool animations & graphics - ok, whatever - but really functional things in webpages that are written in flash? I hate them if I need them and can't get around it.

Soz m8 - nothing personal - but don't really like it... Graphics are cool though...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 10-12-2004 13:26.

10-12-2004 13:24 Homepage of KoFFiE
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

you ever been to strongbad's website? the whole thing is in flash.....and there are absolutely no problems with navigation........

http://www.homestarrunner.com

navigation is spectacular.......everything is hilarious......and it's all flash!!! this is for you koffie!! to prove that flash is perfect if you use it to its fullest!!

__

10-12-2004 14:22 Homepage of spudleyq
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I don't find the strongbad site very easy to navigate myself.

You can do some really cool stuff in Flash, no doubt, but for sites where the content or information counts always go for non-flash.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

10-12-2004 14:46 Homepage of Surya
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

how is it difficult? strongbad's website is very very easy to navigate and has great aesthetic worth!!! it even has hidden easter eggs you can find.....which are fun!! can't do that with a regular website!!!

i'm not saying that if you're making a website to sell and compare computer parts....you should do it in flash.......but any sort of fun.....entertaining website could be easily done in flash!!!

__

10-12-2004 15:12 Homepage of spudleyq
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Yeah - I know strongbad for a long time now - and yeah he's cool (love the email-shit Big Grin ), but no - I don't think it's a "good" website. It is however already already a lot better than most of the flash sites around, since they use seperate html-pages for their content, and not dynamicly loaded flash-parts... But one good flash-site doesn't make up for all the other bad-ones.

I use the web mostly for communicating with friends and looking up stuff. First and most important thing for me is efficiency, I don't want to loose time clicking 100 times just because I can't bookmark the page directly, and with flash - I can't.
Another thing is - flash sites that contain usefull information - they exist - but how the hell are you going to find em? I know of no search-engines that can search flash-only-sites, unless the creator really put efford in it to keep his keywords up-to-date (which rarely happens), and even then - a lot of search-engines disregard them because they're full of shit, they analyse the text most of the time.
Basicly - any website that uses flash for information & navigation is a bad site imho. It can look very nice, but "handy"? No - absolutely not.

One of the things I also hate about it and noticed this when looking at the strongbad site (never really payed attention to it) was what hassle you have to go through that to open a link in a new page - you have to open the link, copy the URL (at least when it's not the same-one, as it is in 99% of the cases), press the back-button, open a new window, paste the URL - and press enter. In every browser around, that's right-click->Open in new page, or if you get a decent browser- click middle mouse button...

Another thing are the obligatory "intro's"... Real fun if you have to go through this every f*cking time you visit the site, really productive... Even when there is a button to skip it, it still is really annoying if you need that site regularly...

Combined contents, so HTML+CSS and Flash - no problems with that, I've seen wonderfull sites who combined those 2 things, and you'll never hear me complain about them, but there are very few of them. When used for the web, flash is something like an image, a .jpg, .png or .gif used in contents. It's not because it _can_ do all this shit, that it's good to use it. Use the best tools for the job I say, and flash is overrated on this part. If it's not possible using standard techniques - use flash - that's my idea of it. Not to avoid it as much as possible as some ppl think, it can absolutely be usefull. mappy is the perfect example for such a site. It's just functional, nothing more, nothing less - and it's better w/ flash than w/o (however, I tend to prefer map24.com lately - in general a bit faster)

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
10-12-2004 15:49 Homepage of KoFFiE
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

why would you make an information filled website with flash? i'm talking about entertainment here......so it's ok man.......i don't go to any flash sites that are used to inform you.......only flash sites that are fun and pleasing to the eye!!!

__

10-12-2004 17:36 Homepage of spudleyq
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

Macromedia flash is a program, and as a program the usability (user interface) depends on the creator, if he can't think of a better way of making the buttons more accecible then it is his fault, to say that flash is not good for information is like saying the adobe program is good for drawing crosses but not for crosses that are nice..
it is not that the program is not developed enough, but the community that uses that program is not developed..
and that changes as we speak..
[peace

__
-damjan cd
10-12-2004 19:02 Homepage of Polar Freq
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

are you using MX Pro? just MX.....or some older version?

__

10-12-2004 19:11 Homepage of spudleyq
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

i found the mx 2004.. but im not yet used to the actionscript so im still holding on to the mx pro thing
man ive seen some reel scary stuff...goto uncontrol.com that is very scary an sick, and me starts to believe that the future will not be very unlike matrix.. or at least all our lives will sit infront of the computer...
peace people.. and don't forget to make a glance at life from time 2 time. Smile )

__
-damjan cd
10-12-2004 23:51 Homepage of Polar Freq
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » What do you think about this?