drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » melody???
Go to the bottom of this page melody???
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-373.gif

Registration Date: 10-06-2004

my friend is making a trance song and I told him that he has got there a melody from one song, and I don't know what song is this melody in ...

CAN YOU HELP ME??
- here's a reason file - download
- melody's in the subtractor 5 pattern

__
Big Grin MiKi Big Grin

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by miki: 06-12-2004 18:50.

05-12-2004 19:32
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

can't open the file. Reason 2.5 says: bad format

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-12-2004 19:39 Homepage of Surya
miki miki is a male
Producer

try it once more i fixed the link

EDIT - the file was broken, it's fixed, it was a a shitty server

__
Big Grin MiKi Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by miki: 05-12-2004 22:35.

05-12-2004 19:53
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I was able to download it...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-12-2004 21:28 Homepage of Surya
miki miki is a male
Producer

hey guys, it's urgent, my friend is waiting to finish the track and if it is some song, he won't finish it because he wants to be original.

__
Big Grin MiKi Big Grin
06-12-2004 18:34
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

There are in fact an astronomical amount of different combinations of pitch arrangements in the universal scale. Your friend most likely has created one similar to or even exactly the same as one already created. I say who cares? I have sat down at a piano and written whole compositions and found bits and pieces that were exactly identical to already existing melodies, maybe with a different speed, or maybe a single note difference, or possibly even reversed. I say again...who cares?! If he did not look at a sheet of notes and copy them exactly....how could it not be original? It is said that somewhere around this world there is someone else having the same exact thought, or the same exact idea as you at the same exact time. If these notes flowed from his own creational cortex, they are in fact original, because they are his own. If he was not intending to copy anything, I don't see how he could have been. Let's say we have a hypothetical human being: human being Mr. X. If Mr. X sat down and wrote an entire novel entitled "The Way of Life", took it to his publisher who informed him that it was an exact copy, to the word, of Leo Tolstoy's "War and Peace", yet he had never seen, heard of, or read any such book....then he would not have copied that book. He would have merely gotten the same exact string of ideas and brain reflexes as Tolstoy. Now this example is extremely unlikely seeing as how Tolstoy's book is several hundred pages long, but it puts it into perspective for you.

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
06-12-2004 19:23 Homepage of spudleyq
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » melody???