drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » To buy an I-pod, or not to byu an i-pod?
Go to the bottom of this page To buy an I-pod, or not to byu an i-pod?
Author
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

yeah but some of the effects of a nuclear bomb are an EMP blast, so i could be in danger (the music i mean, i don't care 'bout me)
my head can't concentrate on 1 topic sorry... Cry
Big Grin

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
05-12-2004 22:40 Homepage of Polar Freq
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

1) All electronic circuits that are powered are fried by an EMP blast, if your memory stick isn't powered and doesn't have too much static electricity on it, it should be ok. Same goes for HD's - the data itself may not be fried, but the controlling chips are gone as hell, and could physicly damage the disk due to that, again - only if powered or too much static is around...
2) EMP grenades don't exist, it would be any army's wet dream...
3) The only economic way to generate an EMP is by letting an atomic bomb explode. All other methods require a small nuclear powerplant right next to the device, it needs massive amounts of energy, but it is possible to generate this without an explosion.
4) Why the hell would you be worried about such things? If you are in the near-field of an EMP - you should have other things to worry about than your precious music, your life i.e...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
06-12-2004 12:33 Homepage of KoFFiE
charleskoncept charleskoncept is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-580.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

why bother? they are just wastes of money? i dont know im back and forth on the whole subject....

__
charleskoncept
07-12-2004 01:49
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

thank you about the EMP lesson, quite helpful.
now i know my music will be safe..
uhm.. im neurotic about my music library.. (basicly, and explaining with one word, im neurotic)
and thas why i asked, i try to forsee any possible way that it would get destroyed.
ill do some more research on the EMP subject..
what about fusion? does that produce an EMP shock, and if so, isn't it possible to create fusion from less materials than fission? whel yeah.. you gotta find a way to implode the atoms without spending as much energy as you get (possibly solving the problem with a glass sphere filled with the gasses and then igniting it with laser) buti dono.. maybe there is a bigger threat of loosing my memory on the hd by a cat pissing on it (MUST KILL ALL CATS)
okay, now im starting to sound scary, and ill quit..
sorry
appologies...Smile

__
-damjan cd
07-12-2004 02:46 Homepage of Polar Freq
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

Makes me think of Goldeneye, you know the James Bond film.
I think Sony's Hi-MD and MD are superior to every mp3 player. At least you can record straight from your stereo, so don't need this latest model computer comin straight from the factory. And Hi-Md has 1GB on a little disc, so if you get bored of it, put in another.
Ohw, that ain't possible, getting bored of Dnb,1Gb long.
Sorry, it's not me it's the E talking

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
14-03-2005 21:36 Homepage of Friscko
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
Makes me think of Goldeneye, you know the James Bond film.
I think Sony's Hi-MD and MD are superior to every mp3 player. At least you can record straight from your stereo, so don't need this latest model computer comin straight from the factory. And Hi-Md has 1GB on a little disc, so if you get bored of it, put in another.
Ohw, that ain't possible, getting bored of Dnb,1Gb long.
Sorry, it's not me it's the E talking

Can't agree... The new Hi-MD's are nice, but you can't get em yet... You can play MP3's on them, and with the top-model you even have a 2MP camera built-in, which stores the pictures on the Hi-MD.

Anyway I think 1Gb is way too little. I want a thing where I put music on and I should never have to remember when I last heard that track, and switching discs is irritating... Stupid example - in my car, I have about 10/15 cd's (no mp3-carplayer yet Frown ) - and that's not sufficient. Converted to MP3, that would be about 1gig...
Also - current Hi-MD models simply don't have MP3 support, and you don't have the freedom to put whatever you want on your MD's, what a lot of MP3 players do allow. Also, you need the latest frequently available version with USB/craddle support to be able to put music from your PC onto your MD's - and on top of that, Sony's current MP3 player products are actually rather inferior to almost any MP3 player around, the interface simply isn't designed to handle and manage a lot of music, very uncomfortable to use (tried one some time ago)...

Sony does have nice audio products, and yes - if you have to record live stuff an MD is avery nice thing (my sis has one with an expensive mic for this purpose) - but for simply listening to stuff? no thanks... Recording from my stereo, the last time I needed that was back in 95 or 96 I think, and then it was on tape (ok quality sucked)... Currently I don't even have a stereo left, only a radio/cdplayer in my car, a clock-radio/cdplayer thing, pc's and an mp3player... I just want to put my music on a player, which after that I shouldn't look at anymore, just put on some new music from time to time, not having to switch disks or worry about if it'll fit or not...

__
15-03-2005 11:21 Homepage of KoFFiE
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

ipod's are sexy, in that you can easiliy find tracks on a 40 gig, with the eer so cool scroll feature, sorts by artist aswell, and genre.

but with the slightest touch it scrolls, it's insane, and sexy.n get an mp3 playler there cheaper.

IPod is not the leader of Digital Music, Napster is, and always will be. remember that.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

15-03-2005 15:12 Homepage of Halph-Price
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
IPod is not the leader of Digital Music, Napster is, and always will be. remember that.

IPod & Napster are 2 completely different things, I think you mean ITunes & Napster, and sorry - but Napster is no match for ITunes, which has the whole music-industry supporting it. Napster is as good as dead, Itunes has more than 60% of the online-music sales...

__
16-03-2005 15:21 Homepage of KoFFiE
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

but who revolutionized digital music? not itunes , but ipod is credited for it, for some reaosn?

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

16-03-2005 20:31 Homepage of Halph-Price
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

Revolutionizing and leading isn't the same thing. At this moment, Apple sells an enormous amount of music with ITunes. Napster tries to do the same, but doesn't succeed very well in this. ITunes leads, hands down...

Also it wasn't napster that revolutionized "digital music" the way you mean, it was the MPEG Consortium (Fraunhofer labs etc) who developed the MP3 format, which was picked up by the internet to spread music long before napster existed. Napster only brought MP3's to the big masses, it co-started the P2P revolution - that's true (it wasn't alone you know, only the most known), but not digital music... (which can be interpreted in a lot of ways). Napster did speed up the general acceptation of MP3's, but first steps were made a long time before it existed. Now the IPod & ITunes took over that role, and now Apple is the big player, making the big $$$...

__
17-03-2005 01:22 Homepage of KoFFiE
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

keyword there, masses.

if it wasn't for napster, the masses wouldn't use them. if the masses don't partake in the event/activity, it's not a revolution. thus making napster the revolutionire. and ya, someone made mp3's, someone made the internet, and computers and electricital generators, and wireing, and balh blah blah. the key componet is NAPSTER.

before them, music industry had a MONOPOLY.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

17-03-2005 04:56 Homepage of Halph-Price
Vice Vice is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1355.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 

ok... now to get this thread back on topic...

I have a 20gb iPod and it saved my life. Pleased

If you love music and have the money i dont see why not. Right now I only have about 2000 songs on it and its still extremely convenient to carry around as your own personal radio station that plays only your favourite music . Comes in handy for waiting in line, getting songs out of your head and drowning out your parents.

I pretty much had to get one cuz my cd and mp3 collection was getting out of hand. So now all that crap is compressed into one 2.5"-4" box that i can access whenever i want...

As for the reliability factor, if you do every process correctly you wont arbitrarily lose your files. One thing that could happen though, is that your iPod screws up or the battery dies out and you have to send it to microsoft who will usually send you a brand new iPod, sans your music.

__

_________Vice Evil One Half of ViceVersa_________
viceversa@myspace
18-03-2005 05:24 Homepage of Vice
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
One thing that could happen though, is that your iPod screws up or the battery dies out and you have to send it to microsoft who will usually send you a brand new iPod, sans your music.

Wasn't the Ipod created by Apple? Tongue

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
20-03-2005 21:08 Homepage of Friscko
Vice Vice is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1355.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
Wasn't the Ipod created by Apple? Tongue

OOPS! Tongue

Yeah thats what i meant.
Clearly Bill Gates has monopolized my mind. Frown

__

_________Vice Evil One Half of ViceVersa_________
viceversa@myspace
22-03-2005 08:00 Homepage of Vice
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

22-03-2005 16:29 Homepage of Halph-Price
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

I still has the Zen touch which i think has better specs than the ipod even though the software sucks SUCKS i repeat SUCKS...but when you have 24 hours of battery life for a 20 gig player (or 36 when it plays only wma's) thats inasane..
ipods give out 12 hours...but its way sexier than zen....
i like my zen touch....i touch it in wierd ways....
the scroller is quite pleasing...
peace

__
-damjan cd
25-03-2005 19:21 Homepage of Polar Freq
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » To buy an I-pod, or not to byu an i-pod?