drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » To buy an I-pod, or not to byu an i-pod?
Go to the bottom of this page To buy an I-pod, or not to byu an i-pod?
Author
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Im in for some momentary luck, and ill probably be getting some greens on the way, so i was thinkin where to "invest" those greens, and then i immediatly thought of i-pod, so what are your impressions of the i-pod (im getting a 20 gig one prob)
how secure is the information in it, i mean, it doesent get deleted for no reason suddenly or smthn like that.
im really afraid of getting the i-pod and then the day after it breaks down or smthn (paranoic, i know)
so thanx

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
30-11-2004 23:29 Homepage of Polar Freq
marisol
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-583.gif

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

I pod ???
does it play vinyl? Big Grin
01-12-2004 10:12
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Lol.

I would like one myself, but I'd go for the cheaper models instead of the 40GB version. Too much hassle searching through all the tracks Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

01-12-2004 11:36 Homepage of Surya
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

yeah , wanted to buy an Ipod too , but becoz i dont like to work with Imac/Itunes programs , i just decided to buy a mp3-player with just as much GB memory as the Ipod , but it costs like 50 euro less becoz its not as popular as the Ipod brand is Big Grin

so for my bday in a month 'im getting a Creative Muvo² mp3 player from 4 GB ( indeed , 40 is just waaaay to much and expensive too ofcourse Tongue )

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
01-12-2004 11:40 Homepage of basslicious
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

I think we can expect this thing (soz - dutch only, or german) in "den aldi" soon...

Basicly an ipod w/ 20gig, Sennheiser MX 300 headphone, SD/MMC-card reader (handy if you have a digicam), built-in micro, and 8h of playtime, for about 200euro's. Only downside would be the "plastic" feel and construction, while an Ipod is quite solid, this-one is a bit too sensitive to be owned by me Frown Tongue

Otherwise I would have bought it immediately, cause I'm lookin' for some Ipod thingy, but with such a cardreader so I can backup my photo's on it. It's possible to do so with an Ipod, but then you need expensive accessories...
4gig's way to small I think, a guy I know has an Ipod-mini (damn that's small Huh ) - and he always complained about the fact that he can't store enough mp3's, so he got himself a normal Ipod - he has (his parent's) money to burn Roll Eyes 4 gig is also only 40 cd's or mixes - which isn't much at all imho. I want to be able to take it somewhere, and have most of the music on it that I play often, not always remembering that I should put smth new on it.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
01-12-2004 12:08 Homepage of KoFFiE
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I just want to force myself to refresh the tracklist in time Smile

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

01-12-2004 12:24 Homepage of Surya
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

myeah , at first i was thinking something similar , like 4Gb would not be enuff , but then i realised that i would be using it most of all for going to school ( which is about a 5 min walk ) or when i'm travelling ....

so my conclusion was : there's only 24hours in a day , and you can download more then you have time already with the lil Ipod , so i guess 4gig will do just fiiiiine Bigup

i read something yesterday about the Ipod with some new funtions , can carry up to 25 000 pictures or something .... don't know if you can do a lot with those pictures on the Ipod tho .... Roll Eyes , think its just meant to be a vessel to transport the pictures or sthg ....

anywayz , i'm still looking around for good bargains , coz overhere nobody's throwing around with my parents money (except the parents theirselves perhaps Big Grin ) ..... but an Ipod is ' sowieso' too expensive for me ....

__
01-12-2004 15:49 Homepage of basslicious
marine289 marine289 is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

I have a 20 gig Harddisk player, and it is great. It;s not an Ipod but this thing has even more options.
Its a little bigger but i dont care, it fits my pockets perfectly. Its called Xclef Hd-500 Red Face
when I bought it, it was about 290 euros. I know it'\s a lot of money (parents, grandma and me paid for it Wink ) But its definitely worth the money. http://www.atruereview.com/xclef/index.php
Here's a link to an article about it.
20 gig is enough for the average user. (I'd really want to have some more space, but Im not an average user Smile
01-12-2004 17:09
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

I would buy a different model, and not an i-pod, i have already found some reel kool one's and even cheaper (with more battery less size weight, same storage space 20 gigs, and less money) BUT (the big butt haunts me) im not shure is that quality as the i-pod, i would really like for the next mp3player i buy to last for minimum of 3 years, i dono.
i-podz are cool cos' they have alot of accessories and are built like a fortress (that soundz like quality right?)
probably the best thing for me, maybe i should wait a while, unti the prices drop down alittle.
and about the i-pod photo, that thing is cool, i thing it has like 60 gigs and color screen (so you can view yer pictures) and standard design. (but im more of a music person myself)
Zoom out!

__
-damjan cd
01-12-2004 17:26 Homepage of Polar Freq
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

id get one...doesnt matter the sixe but theyre hella expensive...like 250$ for a small one, and like 400$ for one with A LOT of space...you can also cateforize everything so you dont have to worry about seartching through everything...its jus tlike looking through a sorted vinyl collection...PLUS you can tale all your MP3's as well as others from this site or any others and you can upload them...its worth the investment, and dont worry about it breaking down, its from mac so it shoudlnt break down, if it does there was soemthing wrong with it...i have one myself...i love the stupid thing...also saves you from carrying a case of cd's....deffinitely worth it...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

01-12-2004 20:03
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

most likely ill by a create zen touch i-pod wit 20 gigz!
its incredibly cheap 211 bucks?? wow!
is it a reputable company, creative?
and believe it or not, the jukebox nomad zen create has 40 gigz and is less than this one, (but its bulkyer)
really worried bout quality of the zen, anyone knows?
If i buy the thing, i will be able to transfer my collection of dnb mp3 mixes that is 15 gigz!!! Wow
incredible 4 me....

__
-damjan cd
02-12-2004 01:08 Homepage of Polar Freq
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I bought a Palm Tungsten on ebay for only 150 euroi, put a 1GB SD card in it and have a very flashy MP3 player now with colour screen Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
02-12-2004 02:03 Homepage of thechronic
marine289 marine289 is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 05-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

A friend of mine has the Creative Zen Xtra (30 gig)
He owns it for about 2 months now, and no problems so far Smile .
nah, creative is a pretty good and reliable company with good products. And it's also really cheap. (cheaper then mine at least). So I suggest you get to the store right now! and buy this thing.
02-12-2004 18:53
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Polar Freq
most likely ill by a create zen touch i-pod wit 20 gigz!
its incredibly cheap 211 bucks?? wow!
is it a reputable company, creative?

its mostly a computer company , with a pretty good rep as i've heard .... its kinda funny , today i just decided to buy exactely the same one as you just named , indeed very cheap , the Creative Muvo² was like 230 euro , for only 4 GB , and the Creative Zen Touch is 260 euro ( its an ugly one tho imo)

buybuybuy Big Grin

__
02-12-2004 19:30 Homepage of basslicious
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

They're good for consumer stuff. Their soundcards suck for producing but are great for gaming.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-12-2004 22:02 Homepage of Surya
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

Don't buy it for 260, theres a zen touch wit 20 gigz for 211 dollars on amazon or similar sites (search a bit)
it soundz great, but well see if it works
peace

__
-damjan cd
02-12-2004 23:46 Homepage of Polar Freq
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by KoFFiE
I think we can expect this thing (soz - dutch only, or german) in "den aldi" soon...

Basicly an ipod w/ 20gig, Sennheiser MX 300 headphone, SD/MMC-card reader (handy if you have a digicam), built-in micro, and 8h of playtime, for about 200euro's. Only downside would be the "plastic" feel and construction, while an Ipod is quite solid, this-one is a bit too sensitive to be owned by me Frown Tongue

Otherwise I would have bought it immediately, cause I'm lookin' for some Ipod thingy, but with such a cardreader so I can backup my photo's on it. It's possible to do so with an Ipod, but then you need expensive accessories...
4gig's way to small I think, a guy I know has an Ipod-mini (damn that's small Huh ) - and he always complained about the fact that he can't store enough mp3's, so he got himself a normal Ipod - he has (his parent's) money to burn Roll Eyes 4 gig is also only 40 cd's or mixes - which isn't much at all imho. I want to be able to take it somewhere, and have most of the music on it that I play often, not always remembering that I should put smth new on it.

comin to us.. only 200 ¤ might consider this one

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
04-12-2004 10:27 Homepage of djfreemc
Contradiction Contradiction is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-119.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2003

I have an Ipod 40 gig and quite happy with it Big Grin
Only thing bothering me from time to time is that battery... It just doesn't last longer than an hour or 6, and there's no way to just put in another...

__

04-12-2004 11:10
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

this freakky thing has it running for 24 hours ...
24 friggin hours (36 hours on 96 quality)
thats a whole day (i know you know but im excited coz im getting one SOON)
finally my music will be safe..but i think im goin crazy..all i can think of is my music...what if a tornado strcuk and the computer got destroyed, what if someone throws an EMP grenade and destorys my harddisk on the mp3 playr (by the way, does you know if EMP grenades or EMP shocks affect memmory stored on SD card or HardDisksksks)
okay, im that psychotic.....my head hyrts... i got to excited....must calm down...think happy thoughts....thin happy thoughts....rabbits,.... on a beautiful field... playing....with eachother.....chicks....in the same style....with no fur....and smaller ears oh yeah.....oh no...im back with the friggin headacke no ooo..oo
(please don't mind this.. and please dont report me to any insane asylum...thank you.. and goodbye

__
-damjan cd
05-12-2004 03:02 Homepage of Polar Freq
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Polar Freq
(by the way, does you know if EMP grenades or EMP shocks affect memmory stored on SD card or HardDisksksks)

It will certainly effect memory cards, because they use a non-volatile memory chip to store the data. Not sure about the HD. The controller electronics & heads wil be ruined, but i'm not sure about the magnetic disks & the data on it itsself.

But dont worry, the only place i've seen an EMP untill now was in movies, and I believe it will stay that way for a while.

btw: this is a lil' Offtopic

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 05-12-2004 14:36.

05-12-2004 14:36 Homepage of djfreemc
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » To buy an I-pod, or not to byu an i-pod?