drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » i see the light now
Go to the bottom of this page i see the light now
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

jus wanted to post a quick message expressing my complete joy in re teachin myself the basics on using fruityloops.

now i can organise my instruments and test out ideas using different patterns. i'm already halfway through a track with a little help AT THE START of a spinwarp pack, and it has the potential for a mean track 'beatz structure wise'

THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING IF I HADN'T JOINED UP TO DRUMNBASS.BE AND BEEN ENCOURAGED BY MY FELLOW SOLDIERS
THANK-YOU ALL
Watch This Space
PROOF THIS SITE IS DOING ITS JOB BY GIVING HOPE, SUPPORT AND DIRECTION TO TOMORROWS BIG THING!!Drummer Drummer

__
My Sounds
26-11-2004 00:29
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

...and that would be you? Tongue

Kidding aside, great that we can be of help, that's the whole purpose of this thing!!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-11-2004 00:42 Homepage of thechronic
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

gotta have confidence right Big Grin

__

26-11-2004 08:21 Homepage of peet
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Tnx for the words bruvva

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-11-2004 08:40 Homepage of Surya
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

never know until you try....i just moved home with my parents and they constantly put my music production and spinning down...but do you think that any of the big wigs got where they are by sitting around....not at all...but if you want to make it anywhere not only do you have to be decent...you have to bust your ass...promoting yourself...nobody will do it for you unless they have a crush on you...lol

nah but you gotta believe in yourself and ultimitely try and try and when you get knocked down get back up and try twice as hard...and never get discouraged....a lot of what it takes is natural ability but there is a certain degree of proper networking skills that comes into play...it`s all how you play your cards

might i add it would be fucking awesome to run into some of these people from this site...if we all ever made it anywhere...like on tour or some shit....lookin back on the dayz of swappin tracks on the net...sounds like a pipe dream but it may very well happen one day!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by illuminati: 27-11-2004 09:20.

27-11-2004 09:19
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yeah, definetly agree with illuminati, the quality of your work has to be high and having the natural ability and talent is only a part of what it takes to 'make it' as we say, cos he's right - you do have to have a a whole other set of abilities, be it motivation, dilligence, integrity, will power - a life seperate and far away from the joy we get when makin a tune. Smile

good communication skills a thick skin and having ur hand in 'all the pies' so to speak, doesn't even garentee a sustainable career cos alot of the industry is still run on being in the right place at the right time. Roll Eyes

i joined drumnbass.be and was very impressed with the standard of other peoples work- an still am, and at the moment its still how its always been for me- jus doin it for the music, i mean its not something i jus turned my hand to. i've been playing instruments and singing as far back as i can remember, and all through my life whenever i would pick up the guitar or keyboard i would get lost in my own melodies.

i would make music reflectin what i'd listen to at the time an now its all dnb baby an now i got broadband, and internet, its the best musically i've ever been and felt. so i dont stress over the negativity of the scene cos music is like space, u can literally go anywhere, being musical or having natural rythm does get a foot in the door an works as a healer and constant mentor

sorry for yappin on Big Grin

G

__
My Sounds
27-11-2004 16:33
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

RESPECTAH!

quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer
jus wanted to post a quick message expressing my complete joy in re teachin myself the basics on using fruityloops.

now i can organise my instruments and test out ideas using different patterns. i'm already halfway through a track with a little help AT THE START of a spinwarp pack, and it has the potential for a mean track 'beatz structure wise'

THIS WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING IF I HADN'T JOINED UP TO DRUMNBASS.BE AND BEEN ENCOURAGED BY MY FELLOW SOLDIERS
THANK-YOU ALL
Watch This Space
PROOF THIS SITE IS DOING ITS JOB BY GIVING HOPE, SUPPORT AND DIRECTION TO TOMORROWS BIG THING!!Drummer Drummer

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
30-11-2004 22:34 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » i see the light now