drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Improved listen page
Go to the bottom of this page Improved listen page
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I have found some time to rework the listen page. The tracks are now shown in a fancy table, there is a download counter and the filename problem has been fixed.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
16-04-2003 00:07 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

DJ mixes are up and running too now Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
16-04-2003 01:36 Homepage of thechronic
ZARk ZARk is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

small bug with the ordering of the producers Smile

you're ordering the user_id Smile not the nickname Smile

you'd better do a INNER JOIN instead of doing a query for every nickname .... Smile

suggestion : add a comment couter ... sayz how many posts in that thread Smile i'm adding that feature on e-bel once i got 2minutes of spare time Big Grin

__
oooooo yeeeeeeeeeah.
16-04-2003 19:15 Homepage of ZARk
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for the tips Big Grin

I know about the producer name ordering but I'm getting them out of different tables, have looked into that left right inner outer join thingy, but the explanations on the mysql site are a bit hazy... I'll ask one of my friends, she has worked as an SQL db manager...

I'll have a look at that commentcounter, but need to figure out inner joins too to be able to use it I think. Suppose it's not so difficult when you know it, problem is I can't find any basic info about it, the docs always assume you know SQL...

__
16-04-2003 19:43 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Nice work. Good tips too

My memory is a bit hazy, but left join is like all records from table A and all records from table B that correspond. Right join is the opposite (duh). Inner join is only records that are valid for your query that correspond in both table A and B.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-04-2003 21:39 Homepage of Surya
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

OK, found a first problem. Now the links are like trackdrownload.php?id=x

How the fuck do I make a link to the track in the tunes section now Confused
Placing the php link doesn't realy work Frown

EDIT: Nevermind, my bad Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-04-2003 21:42 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

That's exactly what I tried to achieve, I have lost lots of bandwidth because people were hotlinking to my tracks in other sites such as breakz. Visitors could then download tracks from my server without knowing it was coming from here. And I was running out of bandwidth...

Now every download is passing through my script, which has the advantage that every download (local or external) will increase the downloadcounter.

There's another trick I've been reading about to completely locking out hotlinks by redirecting them to e.g. the listen page.

What I actually prefer is that ppl would link to the listen page instead of the actual file.

__
17-04-2003 00:38 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Made some more improvements: the bitrate, song length and size of the tracks are now also shown. I also converted the date to a European format so it's not backwards anymore.

The page looks ugly now but I'll fix it soon, I really have to sleep now!! Big Grin

__
17-04-2003 04:50 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Nice, nice Bigup

But I was wondering: how do you make the comment link? Does the thread in the tunes section get made automatically now, or do you link it yourself of can we do it ourself?

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

17-04-2003 10:10 Homepage of Surya
boognish boognish is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-4.gif

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

I know about the producer name ordering but I'm getting them out of different tables, have looked into that left right inner outer join thingy, but the explanations on the mysql site are a bit hazy... I'll ask one of my friends, she has worked as an SQL db manager...

I'll have a look at that commentcounter, but need to figure out inner joins too to be able to use it I think. Suppose it's not so difficult when you know it, problem is I can't find any basic info about it, the docs always assume you know SQL...

P, I can help you out here. I have a basic Access-course wich treats these join-thingies as you call them. It's VERY basic, but I guess that's just what you need!
17-04-2003 12:02
boognish boognish is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-4.gif

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Made some more improvements: the bitrate, song length and size of the tracks are now also shown. I also converted the date to a European format so it's not backwards anymore.

The page looks ugly now but I'll fix it soon, I really have to sleep now!! Big Grin

Shocked NO KIDDING!! Shocked I thought you had a busy weekend coming up?!
17-04-2003 12:08
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I do have a busy weekend coming up, but it's gonna be quite OK, tomorrow Maceo Parker in the AB, and on saturday Stacey Pullen and Felix Da Housecat in the Hallen van Schaarbeek. Nice Big Grin

__
17-04-2003 20:28 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Nice, nice Bigup

But I was wondering: how do you make the comment link? Does the thread in the tunes section get made automatically now, or do you link it yourself of can we do it ourself?

I'm figuring out how to do it automatically, but that's going to take some time. For now I have not changed the uploading function yet, so I will have to do a couple of manual adjustments when a track is uploaded to make it work, but this will also be fixed soon Wink

__
17-04-2003 20:30 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by boognish
quote:

P, I can help you out here. I have a basic Access-course wich treats these join-thingies as you call them. It's VERY basic, but I guess that's just what you need!

Cool, let's discuss this in the private section!!
In the meanwhile I'm going to look for some beginner SQL query tutorials on the net

__
17-04-2003 20:31 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
I'm figuring out how to do it automatically, but that's going to take some time. For now I have not changed the uploading function yet, so I will have to do a couple of manual adjustments when a track is uploaded to make it work, but this will also be fixed soon Wink

OK, just to know, no haste...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

17-04-2003 23:01 Homepage of Surya
ZARk ZARk is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Nice, nice Bigup

it's actually not too hard to do, it's a mater of copy-paste and replacing a couple of variables Smile

btw: nice weekend Big Grin

__
oooooo yeeeeeeeeeah.
18-04-2003 10:59 Homepage of ZARk
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

About automatic thread creation: it's a little more difficult cause I can't use the #includes from the forum cause they are in the wrong directory (tried it, but there are so many sub-includes which are all read from the wrong folder...)

I need to strip down the forum code to the bare essential MySQL-inserts but that will take some serious reverse engineering.

__
19-04-2003 02:40 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

OK, than we'll keep it that way for the time being...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

19-04-2003 15:30 Homepage of Surya
djBusby djBusby is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 08-03-2003

shit man that's tight. thanks for the upgrade.
21-04-2003 19:07
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Track uploads are fixed now too Big Grin

__
24-04-2003 00:58 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Improved listen page