drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Finding similar styles
Go to the bottom of this page Finding similar styles
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

hello all jus a quick question does anyone use FLStudio4 or previous versions who have some track i could hear.

2. are there any other producers out there who are making a track by not using the playlist properly??

stupid question me thinks but a desperate one at that.

Glimmer

__
My Sounds
23-11-2004 17:54
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer
hello all jus a quick question does anyone use FLStudio4 or previous versions who have some track i could hear.

check out the listen section, a lot of producers here work with FL: me, Emblem-X, Surora23, dnk, polar freq, stino, and many more...

quote:
are there any other producers out there who are making a track by not using the playlist properly??

What do u mean? I don't think u can make much of a track without using the playlist. Could u explain ur question a little more, like what do u mean with "using the playlist properly"?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
23-11-2004 20:20 Homepage of djfreemc
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

okay, its like this

when i go to make a track i dont play individual instruments on different patterns, i have taught myself to build the track as a whole pattern by pattern.
this way means its less easy for me to test out ideas properly eg. running two patterns at the same time
does this make any sense to you!!?? Confused

__
My Sounds
24-11-2004 19:40
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
okay, its like this

when i go to make a track i dont play individual instruments on different patterns, i have taught myself to build the track as a whole pattern by pattern.
this way means its less easy for me to test out ideas properly eg. running two patterns at the same time
does this make any sense to you!!?? Confused

wow u're crazy Big Grin

did that too back in the days when i didn't know yet how to use the playlist, doing everything in the pianoroll lol
not the most effective way to produce hehehe

__

24-11-2004 19:51 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Lol, time consuming for sure, and harder to quickly sketch out the basic idear before finetuning...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-11-2004 20:00 Homepage of Surya
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks guys for confirming my worst fears on this
there is no option but to go make and start again from scratch make myself learn the correct way and push through the barrier having to do things differently
a big challenge after 4yrs of this but its my life so its time to begin climbing that mountain

p.s much respect to fellow fruity users, its reassuring to know that there are some good producers using the same tool as i do.

peace
G

__
My Sounds
24-11-2004 20:07
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

i've just downloaded one of the packs for basic dnb in fruity from spinwarp
i've gone through the basic tutorial and contructed a beat, synth etc using the playlist properly!!! hooray!!!
It feels weird but right
Its great being to actually name individual samples and see them clearly
i was reminded of spinwarp by this thread so fair play guys, big things in the pipeline!!!
Laterz
G

__
My Sounds
24-11-2004 21:24
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

if you don't like making music in patterns and you prefer more "open" way I don't think that fruity is the best software for you. For this is better linear sequencing you can find in cubase or reason for example. In my humble oppinion.

__

24-11-2004 21:36
Glim Glim is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

mate, i heard ur killa track the other day, much respect propa heavy bass n that

i got cubase sx, soundforge7, flstudio4, midi keyboard,guitars, mic's and not alot of knowledge on using them all that properly, although sum of my tracks do stand up

i jus cant seem to learn how to use cubase sx, i managed to record with my keyboard through it
do you cut up ur beatz and then place them in cubase then load up instuments and record using one of the channels alongside the beat.

how did you learn how to use these core group of programs
can i continue teaching myself and aim to be more than competant or do i need to enroll in an expensive hard-to-get college course

thanks for showing interest as any feedback is encouaging
peace
G

__
My Sounds
24-11-2004 21:45
Bidness Bidness is a male

Registration Date: 23-11-2004

HERE is a track I am working on using FL4.5.
26-11-2004 06:00
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Finding similar styles