drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Beer And Technics!
Go to the bottom of this page Beer And Technics!
Author
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

OK OK OK i had a show the other night, and i accidently spilled beer in my pitch controll and NOW my pitch change is all f*cked up and the tension is screwed...what do i DO!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

23-11-2004 17:29
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Make twisted tracks where the pitch just fucks up everything?

You could also try to open up your controller to clean it, but watch out with that!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-11-2004 17:37 Homepage of Surya
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Carefully open up ur turntable, clean anything that feels sticky, try to clean the pitch fader in the same way u would do with a mixer fader (I believe someone (prolly thecrhonic) wrote something nice about how to clean faders somewhere on this forum). Give everything enough time to dry out and it should be OK, technics should be able to survive something like that.
While the TT is open anyway, u might as well use this opportunity to blow out some dust.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
23-11-2004 19:51 Homepage of djfreemc
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

this guy I know took his turntable to Sound Source (not big.....just awesome) up in the city so he could get his crossfader replaced......and they do complimentary cleaning....so he gets the bill back.....and there's a list of all the things this guy did.....and on the list was "cleaned lots of green leafy material out of the turntable, I suggest you keep it away from 'trees'." I just thought that was funny....seeing as how he never stops smoking weed and indeed sells it too!!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
23-11-2004 20:17 Homepage of spudleyq
Surora23 Surora23 is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

oh man i dont even know, im gonna have a friend look at them, but the picth is so f*cked that it doesnt even change when its on 45 or 33 and the only time that the pitch isnt making some screweed up noise is when its on +/-0 F*CK! im gonna try and clean them...but we'll see...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

23-11-2004 20:26
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by spudleyq
this guy I know took his turntable to Sound Source (not big.....just awesome) up in the city so he could get his crossfader replaced......and they do complimentary cleaning....so he gets the bill back.....and there's a list of all the things this guy did.....and on the list was "cleaned lots of green leafy material out of the turntable, I suggest you keep it away from 'trees'." I just thought that was funny....seeing as how he never stops smoking weed and indeed sells it too!!

Haha. Dj'ing and smoking is a damn expensive habbit! Glad that this turntable-repairman was of a peaceful kind and not of a 'Excuse me officer, i think this turntable is found guilty of containing malicious green illegal substances.. could you arrest it for me please?
But normally a technics should survive something like that, all parts are replaceable, only thing is that it ay cost you a bit.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
24-11-2004 11:18 Homepage of Soi
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

beer and technics don't mix....

ROFL

anyway Roll Eyes Big Grin ; send it for repairs, they'll replace the pitch slider, doesn't cost too much, and the least hastle. doing it yourself usually fucks it up even more
24-11-2004 13:31 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by wicked_wayz
beer and technics don't mix....

You hit the nail on the head... ROFL

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
24-11-2004 14:05 Homepage of Soi

Helpfulness rating: 

i dont really know where to send it for repairs? i mean there isnt any place down here specifically...so i have no idea...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

02-12-2004 21:14
Electro Electro is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 22-04-2004

You can definately get a replacement pitch controller, ive changed mine in the past it cost me about £20-30 (english money that is) but if your not confident with a soldering gun then it could be a slight problem for you....and on the same note if you send it off to technics to be repaired then prepare yourself for your wallet to get hammered dude.

to me it sounds like the suckers fooked, ive taken part many pitch and cross faders in my time and the mechanisms are very delicate, you have two llittle wafer thin prongs that are split at the end into about five sections, in turn the two prongs run on the circuit board, it only takes one of the sections to spilt off and you have a bad conection split more off and its fooked amd with beer being sticky it could quite easily have snapped a prong or something...or it could be that you've blown some part of the circuit board on the pitch....after all electricity and the old h20/beer dont mix!!

my advice is to order the pitch controller and replace it yourself, or if your not confident in doing that still order the part and get it repaired at your local electrical shop!

http://www.audiolight.co.uk/aldjstore/erol.html#764x1201

this link is for the replacement pitch controller Big Grin

__
**************TWISTED MIND****************

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/electromagneticmusic.htm

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Electro: 03-12-2004 01:02.

03-12-2004 00:58

Helpfulness rating: 

should maybe i just buy a new turntable? i mean if its gona cost me a lot and IM SURE AS HELL NOT GOOD WITH electrical shiat, i might as fell just fork up another 400 yeah?

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

09-12-2004 05:40
Daffy dub Daffy dub is a male
Partizan

images/avatars/avatar-799.jpg

Registration Date: 11-06-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Hell no, no use for that!!!

You'll certainly know some people willing to replace that thing for you, no?

Haven't done anything like that before, but can't be that difficult...

And buying new Technics is quite an expensive alternative, don't you think?

K-NIne

__
In order to survive...
12-12-2004 12:58 Homepage of Daffy dub

Helpfulness rating: 

keep in mind i cant do it...and from what i know hte pitch controll is extremely delicate...i have have to buy a new one anyway, cause the ciruit board may be fried....plus there isnt anmywhere down here that knows how to work with that equipment (im in SC usa)

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

12-12-2004 16:49
32skins 32skins is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

You can trie to fix it yourself, i mean what can you lose, and maybe it will work!

__

12-12-2004 18:51 Homepage of 32skins

Helpfulness rating: 

too much time and effort into something that i prolyl cant fix...i dnno...i might as well just try to find some used tech's

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

14-12-2004 19:59
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

u should give it a try, it aint that hard. A replacement costs only about 25$, still a long way from the 400 or more u will pay for a new one. And soldering really ain't that hard to do.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
14-12-2004 21:23 Homepage of djfreemc
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

if the beer actually got down into the circuits......it's fucked man.......and not just the pitch control.....other circuits could be affected too......all that beer probably bridged so many electrons that most of the resistors blew on that thing.......more than just the pitch control will most likely need to be fixed......because just changing the pitch control is easy.....a little solder removal......take the slider out......replace the slider.....easy......but that's only if the circuit board the slider goes on isn't fucked......if it is.......those replacement boards probably aren't as cheap......my advice......FUCK IT.....try to find a cheap used one and see how much you could sell the broken one for......to some crackhead/dj wannabe or something!!

ps......i would definitely find out how much it costs to get it fixed at an electricians first.......it might not be more than getting a used one!

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by spudleyq: 15-12-2004 17:04.

15-12-2004 17:03 Homepage of spudleyq
Dj Killer Dj Killer is a male

Registration Date: 12-01-2005

i had it to on nye, was spînning but my technics stood right behind the bar and there was no protection, the bad happend and somebody spilled beer right on my right technics, it dript into the electronics but nothing seems to be wrong, i'm lucky i gues but its the last time i bring my technics with me

fucking alcoholics Wink

__
>> DNB to XTC <<
12-01-2005 13:08 Homepage of Dj Killer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Killer
i had it to on nye, was spînning but my technics stood right behind the bar and there was no protection, the bad happend and somebody spilled beer right on my right technics, it dript into the electronics but nothing seems to be wrong, i'm lucky i gues but its the last time i bring my technics with me

------- alcoholics Wink

i know right...im not bringing my equipment anymore unless they have some crap pieces of shit...only my headphones and needles are comin with me...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

12-01-2005 18:26
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

My biggest fear (other than losing my records) is for someone 2 spill beer/pop (soda) on my techs. Man that would fuck me up! You gotta bust skulls when that stuff happens!!! Even if it's a chick ... instant headbutt!
Plus I hate when your buddys ask you to bring out your shit + spin D+B at their party ... and u get there ... and theres like 4 other DJs outta nowhere hasslin' you bout how long you're gonna be on the decks. That shit don't happen no more.
14-01-2005 08:47 Homepage of zebediah
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Gear » Beer And Technics!