drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Too many ego's in here.
Go to the bottom of this page Too many ego's in here.
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

i need a nappy nap Baby

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
07-12-2004 19:46 Homepage of spudleyq
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

Peet i think you took what i had said the wrong way...YES i did have a bad attitude in this thread but thats because the same things that make you angry make me angry....What i was say is that i dont think people really take into count what they are saying...

Thechronic said something about how not all the producers here and tanspose their work into what they know it should sound like... IM ONE OF THEM...ive only been doing this for a little over 6 mnths or so...SO TRUST ME IM NOT ONE TO BRAG...but there are a few people here and there that PURPOSELY GIVE BAD reviews to possibly maybe make their own sound good?

My attitude comes from the fact that yes sometimes people get bad reviews? so be it...everybad review I GET i take and say to myself..."well, ok if i change this bassline, and fix this synth to this note, what will it sound like?" sometimes better, sometimes for worse...Bad reviews are taken for granted...HOWEVER!?!?! it is the bad reviews that are NOT PRODUCTIVE!!!!! there is a difference between the reviews given that should say ok you should do this, or maybe add that, or this...blayh blah, and those rviews that just say....um sorry...i wasnt feelin it, crappy track you suck...NOW I WILL PROLLY BE THE FRIST ONE TO SAY, yes when i frist got onto this site, and into dnb i didnt know what the hell i was doing, or saying for that matter...

Before i joined this site i produced trance...i have become fairly good at trance, but dnb holds a larger test...

At first i myself didnt really know enough knowledge to give a solid review, well after the 6mnths that has changed...

POINT IS....in deffense we are still talking about the same things, just in a slightly different perspective, not to mention i was angry when i was writing that post Pleased ....but i deffinitely fell where youre coming from...and i appreciate your opinon in my reponse...cheers

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

07-12-2004 20:22
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i appreciate all the reviews, whatever they are, but i incorporate only the ones where they show me a new way to better express what i want to do..
so actually if i made the schreeching sound too loud and i ment it like that, and when someone sayz lower it, i just continue
and if someone show me a new cool way to make the stuff that are in my head through a review then im happy and i experiment with it..
my basic goal that i want to accomplish by uploading files here is to find new and better ways to tell what i want to tell... actually what i want to tell im telling my self, and then when someone looks at my stuff its like when you talk to yourself record it and then play it to someone... i see it like that... soooo
im gratefull for the reviews adn even more gratefull for those that show me a new perspective.. those who are just fuck this sucks,, i just ignore..
those that are the bass is too loud (if i did not mean it and not notice the mistake i will try and better)
actually i don't know if this is very on-topic but i hope it helps in some wierd and twisted way...
peace

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
08-12-2004 17:43 Homepage of Polar Freq
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Confused

this is still the best forum i came across, and nearly the only one i post something from time to time...
- there's always someone who reviews your tracks (surya Bigup )
- a technical/production question always get's answered
- no arrogant asses in here, no reviews like: i don't like it at all, it sounds weak, but keep on trying
- no people backing each other up just for the sake of knowing the guy, and hyping it up

of course, a negative criticiscm is sometimes tuff to take, but rethink about it some time later, and realise the guy was ussually right, and it sucked Big Grin (nothing personal, haven't heared the track in question)
then, that time later, you also realise that you have progressed, because your shit sounds tuffer, which is also fun Big Grin

as you might have figured out: "it's "evaluation time' at work, which means my boss will talk about my 'performance' sometime soon (about my baseline skills, leadership capabilities.... Roll Eyes )
now THAT is something that upsets me Big Grin
09-12-2004 20:07 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Too many ego's in here.