drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Too many ego's in here.
Go to the bottom of this page Too many ego's in here.
Author
unregistered
edit*oh gog. i must have been reeeeaaaaly drunk

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 11-10-2007 04:31.

24-11-2004 00:23
janverstichel janverstichel is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 10-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

i'm just started with producing and i'm glad i get negative replies because i learn allot of them.
the kid that sended you the pm is just stupid.

__

24-11-2004 00:56
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

no matter what there is always something about a track that someone can say could be better....even signed pressed retail tracks....there is always something overlooked....
24-11-2004 07:52
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Even better: there are many unsigned tracks (fe on this site) way better than stuff i hear being released on big labels.
Maybe people should give up on the idea of trying to analyse/define music too hard. This kills music. What counts are vibes, sparkles, flashy visions of Higher Ideas, small details that give those inexplicable shivers down your spine. Off course you can polarize bad vs good music, but what matters is the *SNAP* (=sound of your attention that suddenly focuses on smt)

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
24-11-2004 11:38 Homepage of Soi
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

for starters, i think we are all here to learn. if we were pro 's we wouldnt be needing this website. but eventually we are all also listener or buyer. sometimes its just the same as likin dnb or rnb. sometimes its just a matter of taste. but there must be some truth in most of the reviews written here. and if its negative it might be even be a better review. because i have much more of a review wich tells me to do this and that then one tellin me hey great song, cheers. you musnt agree with it but you gotta consider it. out of experience, i've learned you learn much more from neg crtics then pos. critics. and sometimes I even learn stuff from my nice who is 4 years young, or my grandma who is 87 years old. and they dont speak diplomaticly everytime.(certainly the last one).
come on gys this is looking like a kids-garden!!!
Peet my man. it isnt because this has happend that this whole site is wicked and haunted you know! i cerainly dont approve it neither. but dont let it get to ya.

cheers mate's

i hope we all will be famous in no time Bigup

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
24-11-2004 12:01
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

This thread is shifting topic a bit.

I've noticed too that some producers who make bad tracks are giving bad reviews to way better producers. What I've also noticed is that often it can't be denied that their comments have a valid point. It's like muaddib says, it's not because you are still learning your technical skills that there is something wrong with your ears. All people here listen to a lot of released dnb, so inherently they can 'feel' what sounds good and what doesn't, even though they still lack the skills to translate this in a tune of their own.

As everybody probably knows it is very hard to stay objective about your own stuff after you've worked on it for hours. Also when you start out making tracks you tend to be satisfied much quicker, and don't always compare to released tracks to see if the balance is right.
Still, when you listen to someone else's material you can always tell if it sounds good or not. Because of this it's invaluable to get opinions from as much people as possible. Even if producers don't make good tunes themselves, they can still have a clear idea about your track and what might be wrong with it.

You definitely don't have to agree with any of the reviews you get, most people review in a personal way, you'll always have people that prefer a different drum sound or bass line or whatever, that's what makes our music interesting and varied.

Try to embrace all reviews, even if they are bad and you don't agree with it. At least you should be honored that somebody spent time listening to your tune and giving you some feedback!
Just keep that in mind, your reviewers actually spent time and energy in your work, you might not agree but you should be grateful for that!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
24-11-2004 12:04 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by muaddib
Gotcha Surya.

Lol, I was just trying to clearify what Surora said Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-11-2004 12:13 Homepage of Surya
saphir saphir is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-185.gif

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

ah man

i have been dealing with this from the first tune i've posted on a forum.
people slacking you off for the wrong reasons:
fe. if you post a tune, some one reacts. on which you post your comment, then you can't deal with comments it seems...
or
getting pm's cuz person X posted his tune yesterday and i this day. so his tune sinks in the forum.

sigh but oh well, it only made me stronger, and yes looked down on a few peeps. but i am no ego
and if i am, though luck Smile just make what you feel like.

don't take this wrong but, i've seen, the more/ the better you do/get . the negativism only grows.
so see it as a good sign.

i sure learned to sepperate the wank from the good stuff.

i ain't no good reviewer aswell, i think it's hard for a "prodcuer" to do so, we all hear/see things different.

just step above it, be that ego that they name you.
disturb them by building choons. as long YOU feel happy about it. besides. on what base are they naming you an ego... defening your tunes, buidling your work, motivating that certain fluffy/cheesy pad you used? is that an ego? or because you believe in a certain tune of yourself? HAHHA woot i am an ego. i just mean, it doesn't mean cuz someone posts a tune you have to review it. i draw a line, if it's good, i'll post straight away, if it lacks a few things , i'll consider my post, just to prevent later wanking about my thoughts... if it's bad. ..yeh well whats the point in slaggin some one off. certain elements can be pointed out in a polite way.

just stand above this. it took me about 5 years to learn that, but in the end it's your music.

remember this lyric snippet from one of the most influental hc bands ever: biohazard - music
" ---- you and your selfish advice, you've never been loyal to the same thing twice."
most negativism is based on jealousy so it will be your step to a higher level.

i just gotta say, i didn't experienced it here. i think this board is clean & well growing!
just my thoughts

good luck & cheers
Bigup

__
http://soundcloud.com/saphir_gazmazk

www.nitras.be

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by saphir: 24-11-2004 16:59.

24-11-2004 16:58 Homepage of saphir
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by saphir
i just gotta say, i didn't experienced it here. i think this board is clean & well growing!
just my thoughts

Funny to hear this from the moderator of the tunes section of a "competing" (ok, not completely) board Big Grin

Respect dude Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-11-2004 17:02 Homepage of Surya
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

peet......you seriously can't judge this entire forum on the odium, the detestation, the sheer abhorrence of one or two people....we're not all the same as those people. some of us respect others for their talents (or even their lack there of)....embrace our (and their) mistakes and know when we've been beaten. doesn't matter if you just started or have been doing it for as long as I have.....you're still doing it. and don't let one or two people.....or even a hundred people get to you...think to yourself......are you really making these tracks for anyone aside from yourself?

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by spudleyq: 24-11-2004 17:32.

24-11-2004 17:29 Homepage of spudleyq
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

quote:
As everybody probably knows it is very hard to stay objective about your own stuff after you've worked on it for hours. Also when you start out making tracks you tend to be satisfied much quicker, and don't always compare to released tracks to see if the balance is right.
Still, when you listen to someone else's material you can always tell if it sounds good or not. Because of this it's invaluable to get opinions from as much people as possible. Even if producers don't make good tunes themselves, they can still have a clear idea about your track and what might be wrong with it.

That is so 100% recognisable chronic. That's exactly why I need criticism from other people. I can never see if my stuff is good or bad. It's the same as if you'd listen to one track for a hundred times. You'd start hating it all the same. When producing your hear your sounds over and over and over again. Your objectivity totally escapes.

quote:
remember this lyric snippet from one of the most influental hc bands ever: biohazard - music
" ---- you and your selfish advice, you've never been loyal to the same thing twice."
most negativism is based on jealousy so it will be your step to a higher level.

Saphir, I don't know about that. It would be rather ignorant to ignore all negative criticism you get. What I try to do is see if I can recognize the negative remarks that they have, and see if I agree with them. A remark is never without reason. Watch out with that mindset you have cause it might work against you.

__

24-11-2004 17:52 Homepage of peet
saphir saphir is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-185.gif

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

afkorz

i wrote a few line before that, i've learn to filter the wack from the good.
and i didn't wrote "all negativism" Smile

cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/saphir_gazmazk

www.nitras.be
24-11-2004 18:57 Homepage of saphir
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

ok np

__

26-11-2004 17:29 Homepage of peet
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

you can tell when someone is talkin smack or is really objectively criticizing your stuff...
27-11-2004 09:31
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah, but you never can defend thy tune. That is a rule. If you defend it, you don't want to improve which equals death to your tunes.

I think Polar Freq has the ultimate power of noticing people that are not objective at all... Smile I'm not kidding, see his responses at some his tune'z reviews Big Grin

Joining the edge of group people... -addon without point.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
05-12-2004 18:10 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by illuminati
you can tell when someone is talkin smack or is really objectively criticizing your stuff...

good point

__

06-12-2004 01:24 Homepage of Emblem-X
charleskoncept charleskoncept is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-580.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

I was just talking to polar freq about posting and not reviewing..

Honestly who cares if one doesnt doesnt review? should you be a dick like him and not review his work??

That makes you the same way...

peace

__
charleskoncept
07-12-2004 02:07
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

quote:
Originally posted by charleskoncept
I was just talking to polar freq about posting and not reviewing..

Honestly who cares if one doesnt doesnt review? should you be a dick like him and not review his work??

That makes you the same way...

peace

negatory......if you review everyone else's songs.....and simply not review that one person's songs.....you are not like them......merely giving them a taste of their own medicine

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
07-12-2004 14:10 Homepage of spudleyq
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

well said

__
My Sounds
07-12-2004 18:08
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

pffffffff children children grow up!!!! he said this and he said that. grow up or at least pretend. if you cant take critisism you shouldnt put youre music on a site where its the meaning giving critics pos and neg. if you cant take it now you'l never can. act like normal beings if there's critcism use it then. and let all the rest flow away because its useless. g man how nice. pickin some one the same way he picked you. very mature. I think its bed time now! Nighty night

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
07-12-2004 19:41
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Too many ego's in here.