drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Problems wit' Fruity Loops
Go to the bottom of this page Problems wit' Fruity Loops
Author
Hounmingootod

images/avatars/avatar-545.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

The fakin' frooty makes a shitload of problems
When i make a complicated sound wit alotz of dist, freq filters and such and play aa tune wit alot of delay, the computer goes nuts, wit 100 percent processor working, then i freakin' close fruity and run it again wit a blank file, THE FRIGGIN THING HAS THE SAME PROCESSOR WORKING PERCENTAGE, ii can't make a thing, it juz playz it i slices (slow frames, kinda sound cool, but after a while it really gets on yer nerves)
i set the priority level in task manager to real time and highest and nothing chnages, i shut down all other progz 'cept frooty and da same thin' PLZ HELP ME LIFT THIS FREAKIN CURSE OVER MY COMP, Diiz are my most creative times (before a big test math)
thnx pip

__
-Emotions are social illusions.
-What i did not do, i could have not done.
-Art is a kind of public masturbation.
-I am only, my genes tool.
-damjan cd
i have a zen touch and muad'Dib has a girlfriend......everyones happy
12-11-2004 04:33 Homepage of Polar Freq
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

buy a better soundcard and a memory stick
12-11-2004 05:45
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

The problem could be indeed several things.
Maybe you do indeed need more RAM
Maybe you need a better soundcard, with ASIO drivers (you can try ASIO4ALL offcourse)
Maybe it's just a bug in FL...
It's not clear, but I'm not sure more memory or a new soundcard will solve the problem.

If it happens again, rightclick your startbar (not the button, the bar) and open the task manager. Go to the processes tab and look what's eating up all your CPU time. Then report back Wink

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-11-2004 08:44 Homepage of Surya
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 

I ran the fruit for 1/2 a year with a pentium 2, 64 MB ram, soundblastercard, and didn't even have this problem. However, if I loaded a compressor effect... the prog would start to freeze, cracks in the sound...most vsti wouldn't work either.

but if even a blank file wouldn't play correct, you got something miss installed, cause fruity itself uses 1% of your cpu, even with the p2. Try your audio settings, look at the latency and stuff. Also could be a faulty plugin... i got some freebies that sometimes crash the program, but that's just the plugin. Never had much trouble with fruity Confused

Btw: delay is one of the most cpu intensive plugs (my 'dub' delays anyway Big Grin ), some distortion units too (an izotope 'trash' uses 50% of your cpu). So try an bounce some sounds, and save cpu. Try and click 'smart disable' in the fruity mixer menu, which freezes plugins and saves cpu when the plugs aren't playing.

hope this helps.
12-11-2004 08:57 Homepage of wicked_wayz
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Had that same problem for the first time yesterday, probly because of a lot of synth plugins. But the smart disable seems to work very well.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
12-11-2004 11:02 Homepage of djfreemc
Polar Freq Polar Freq is a male
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

heY THX FOR DA SUPP.
I HAVE A PENTIUM 700 mhz
wit ram of 128 (i think)
sometimes it doesent do that sometimes it does
is there a way i can refresh the ram memmory (partly atleast?) i think it fills it up wit some garbage after the souhndz i make an it all goez nuts
this also happened before on the previous computer but not so often.
Could you tell me where i can upgrade the fruity loops or smthn??
ill try those thingz when i gert home thnx

__
-damjan cd
12-11-2004 17:26 Homepage of Polar Freq
samurai samurai is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 21-11-2002

yeah, you can, if you quit using all those Z's.

an upgrade in memory is super recommended. at least 256mb (add 128mb to your current setup)

700mhz is damn slow, however, for fruity's plugins you should be fine (i ran off an 800mhz forever)

but once you start loading tons of sounds on there, fruity and your computer have to keep track of ALL of them ALL the time. so more memory would probably help out.

also, if your soundcard is crappy onboard or something, go pick up and install a Sound Blaster card for like $20 for a quick fix. onboard audio cards tend not to worry about processing tons of channels (which is required by fruity and lots else, all the sounds + effects, etc.)

hope that helped.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by samurai: 13-11-2004 09:35.

13-11-2004 09:35 Homepage of samurai
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by samurai
also, if your soundcard is crappy onboard or something, go pick up and install a Sound Blaster card for like $20 for a quick fix. onboard audio cards tend not to worry about processing tons of channels (which is required by fruity and lots else, all the sounds + effects, etc.)

Awtch! No, Sound Blaster isn't much good. If money really is an issue, you could go for it, but you'd better spend some money on a decent card (RME, M-Audio, Terratec...)

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-11-2004 10:08 Homepage of Surya
samurai samurai is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 21-11-2002

you can get an Audigy for $16 nowadays.

www.pricewatch.com

dude theres really no point in getting a professional sound card and not using it. i dont have all kinds of pro hardware to hook up or anything, so my audigy2 (that i use mainly for gaming) is fookin fiiiine. Happy

__

13-11-2004 10:11 Homepage of samurai
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

It's not about pro stuff I'm talking here, just DECENT stuff. With kinda flat frequency responce curves, low noise ratios and stuff like that. Stuff that is important if you want to get your sound right.
I'm not saying you can't do that on and Audigy, it's just not a good card so it will be harder to get it right...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-11-2004 10:19 Homepage of Surya
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

Sorry man, the Z iz an addiction (tried to stop, but can't)
Uff, Money? im really out of money right now (and the next 6 months) so that no work, but in da future maybe (far future) thnx anyway
i was thinking of some free update of fruity
or some twichin on da software level?
iz a good prog anyway.
d'n'b ya later

__
-damjan cd
13-11-2004 16:25 Homepage of Polar Freq
marisol
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-583.gif

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

just bounce out loops with the fx's you want and bring them in on a sampler or drop the down on the wav palette(if your running fl studio).

you wont have much flexibility but the cpu usage should stay down so you can complete some tracks.

you really dont want to add a ton of effects. try to create the sounds you want with synthezieser manipulation, you will get a much cleaner sound and you will run into less problems during your mixdowns.

hope this helps.

peace
13-11-2004 17:03
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

Once you've bought fruity, all updates are free, so u could try that, but for most programs newer versions use more resources. U could also export your effected samples, and sounds made with synths or other plugins and import them as waves as marisol said. Have u tried changing the buffer size? That might give ur cpu some more time to breathe.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
13-11-2004 19:17 Homepage of djfreemc
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

yep, the buffer changed it all.
thank you weeery much people
a 5/5 2 all of you
4 hlpn me
thx again

__
-damjan cd
13-11-2004 22:58 Homepage of Polar Freq
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Polar Freq
The fakin' frooty makes a shitload of problems
When i make a complicated sound wit alotz of dist, freq filters and such and play aa tune wit alot of delay, the computer goes nuts, wit 100 percent processor working, then i freakin' close fruity and run it again wit a blank file, THE FRIGGIN THING HAS THE SAME PROCESSOR WORKING PERCENTAGE, ii can't make a thing, it juz playz it i slices (slow frames, kinda sound cool, but after a while it really gets on yer nerves)
i set the priority level in task manager to real time and highest and nothing chnages, i shut down all other progz 'cept frooty and da same thin' PLZ HELP ME LIFT THIS FREAKIN CURSE OVER MY COMP, Diiz are my most creative times (before a big test math)
thnx pip

Go to the Mixer, then select the menu button, and choose SMART DISABLE FOR ALL. This will disable (in real time) and enable (also in real time) the Mixer channels that are not in use at the moment and will save you about 40% CPU power.

Also, you can select smart disable on every effect from its dropdown list for a separate handling of it.

And, go to Options -> Audio Settings -> DirectSound streaming buffer and set it to higher value. Also, check USE HARDWARE BUFFER to use the sound card for sound processing.

+ set the Sample Rate (on the right side) to 22 050 hZ. It will cut the resource usage to 50%.

Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
15-11-2004 21:42 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Hounmingootod

Helpfulness rating: 

thnx, i solved the problem by exporting the distorted and chopped up disqusting sound and then just playing them as new samples.
and ill try the smart disable thing today when i go back home. (i am writing from school right now)
and none in the school knows whats drumnbass (not even jungle) saaad
goodbye

__
-damjan cd
19-11-2004 16:47 Homepage of Polar Freq
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
But the smart disable seems to work very well.

where can i find this option in fruityloops?

i'm having the same problem with every track i make.. very annoying, always have to export pieces to listen if it sounds allright and putting the audio higher doesn't seem to help..

cheers

__

25-11-2004 13:32 Homepage of Emblem-X
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
But the smart disable seems to work very well.

where can i find this option in fruityloops?

i'm having the same problem with every track i make.. very annoying, always have to export pieces to listen if it sounds allright and putting the audio higher doesn't seem to help..

cheers

oh i'd better read the whole thread first before i start asking questions Big Grin

__

25-11-2004 13:33 Homepage of Emblem-X
visn visn is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-03-2004

"However, keep in mind that some VST plugins might not report their properties correctly and trying to automate them might lead to crashes."
It seems FL crashes when plugins are not from FL itself.
26-11-2004 17:59 Homepage of visn
marisol
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-583.gif

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

quote:
It seems FL crashes when plugins are not from FL itself.

not true you need to get all aftermarket vsts in a stienberg folder in the progams folder on the c drive not d drive. if you still run into problems put the problem DLL file into the plugins folder within fruity itself.
Bigup
26-11-2004 19:58
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Problems wit' Fruity Loops