drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Fruity Loops. Hahahahahahahahahaha
Go to the bottom of this page Fruity Loops. Hahahahahahahahahaha
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-449.jpg

Registration Date: 23-10-2004

WT*?

Look alll people using Fruity Should upgrade there skills to either VST or Reason.....

There are no other that comes close.. (Unless you got PRO-TOOLS)

So i dunno what all the Fuss is about with all the other Less sequencers....

See for yourself....

Dj Kush

__

10-11-2004 11:57
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

lol
quote:
Look alll people using Fruity Should upgrade there skills to either VST or Reason.....

what does that mean ? .. you don't know what you're talking 'bout bro.. fruityloops studio supports both VST and VSTi , and lot of professionals are using it.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by B-complex: 10-11-2004 12:26.

10-11-2004 12:25
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

FL isn't nesseseraly a bad program. I don't like it either so I don't use it. But a lot of people really know how to use it and do some great stuff with it, so they shouldn't upgrade. Just use the tool you feel most at home in, let the others choose for themselves...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

10-11-2004 14:05 Homepage of Surya
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

an artist is still an artist even if he's painting with elephant dung.

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
10-11-2004 17:57 Homepage of spudleyq
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

I used 2 diss Fruity Loops all the time until I heard what this kid Dankpoet made using it. He played me like 5 or 6 tracks that he made and I was thinking damn this kid has got 2 be signed. Bam!!! He hit me with the Fruity Loops when I asked what he used. Since then I only right my sequences with my finger in whatever elephant dung is closest.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by zebediah: 10-11-2004 18:36.

10-11-2004 18:36 Homepage of zebediah
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

eze mate....younknow i use FL studio...and i have 3 plugins now im going to be using for my new productions...i have vangauurd and buushlaaden.... and ill soon have trilogy....all these are VSTi's that are capable with FL.... FL is off the chain...jsut as good as any other sequencer, it just doesnt have the shaping capabilities like reason or cubase...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

10-11-2004 19:48
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

I don't agree

__

10-11-2004 20:00 Homepage of Emblem-X
zebediah
is deep in the jungle

images/avatars/avatar-659.jpg

Registration Date: 08-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

If it werks 4 ya ... ... ... use it.
10-11-2004 20:55 Homepage of zebediah
stino stino is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-237.gif

Registration Date: 13-07-2003

it's like the story of the krekel and the mier .

Smile )

everyone who works will get to something.

even if they use the simpelest program.

I use fruity and I think it's the same as any other program, the only difference is the interface... but you can easier do things with fruity that you can't do that easy with other programs I think. that's one hell of a good point I think.

__
www.myspace.com/stinomg
www.myspace.com/circlelogicband
11-11-2004 09:21 Homepage of stino
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Fruity is invaluable for people who just get started and it's also very good for putting an idea down quickly.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-11-2004 12:17 Homepage of thechronic
Infamystar
Tourist

Registration Date: 03-11-2004

any true artist knows its not the program, or instrument u use... its the person behind the program or instrument... wether it the triton, MPC, Roland Fantom-Xa, Kurzwiel, pro tools or cubase... it makes no difference... its just preference... any how, ignore comments like these guys... he's just an ignroant fool who obviously hasn't used the program enough to full understand its capabilities, or, just can't figure out how to use it...and now he's jaded...
11-11-2004 14:25 Homepage of Infamystar
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i think the reason that people don`t like fruityloops is because it hasn`t changed style-wise...so they assume that it`s primitive since the design has been around so long....granted a lot of the sounds it comes with really suck....mostly because they`re one shots...but if you use the actual vst`s it`s not a bad program at all....the reason a lot of tracks made on it sound like a video game is because of the sounds used to make it...if you`re playing hardware with a midi controller and using fruityloops to sequence it...how can it still sound like "fruityloops" meaning internal fruity sounds etc.....the best thing to do is just get reason 2.5 (most stable version)
fruity, orion, and cubase and just rewire them all...in cubase...
ever since i started using ubase sx i realize that the sequencer doesn`t necessarily matter...just the sounds you use and how you make them sound...
example...

instead of just using a dry hoover sample...use the sample...choke up on the start of the sample...then low pass filter it slightly and a little resonance...and distort...now EQ...and when you play make sure your polyphony on the sampler is one so you can use the portamento to glide between notes to create a more rolling bassline...all the notes have to be slightly overlapping...always the note to the right overlap...

all dry sounds usually sound lo-fi like the demos in fruityloops it`s how you affect the sounds to expand their dynamic range and over all fidelity that makes or breaks a track/sound whatever not the sequencer.

don`t judge a sequencer by which one has cooler demos...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by illuminati: 12-11-2004 03:47.

11-11-2004 15:52
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

kush is not an ignorant fool, just been exposed to much much better programs...if youi are aguitarist...you know that schecters SUCK ASS compared to anything made by GIBSON.....its the same concept....but that doesnt take away that joe satriani could plya every single song he has every mastered on a schecter, ibanez or gibson....

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

11-11-2004 17:47
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

what the EFF is this about? don't even give the kid props by replying to this thread. let the kid sink his own crap. this must be the dumbest post ive ever seen. who the eff cares what you use? as long as it's quality.

__

11-11-2004 23:38 Homepage of peet
samurai samurai is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 21-11-2002

seriously... its all about the finished product.

i use whatever suits me the best.

i'm not gonna use a screwdriver to pound a nail into a wall, ill use a hammer
just like im not gonna use SF Acid or Reason to program my beats, ill use Fruity

get me?

using a wide range of tools is what will produce the best results, in my opinion.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by samurai: 12-11-2004 03:56.

12-11-2004 03:56 Homepage of samurai
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

quote:
Originally posted by spudleyq
an artist is still an artist even if he's painting with elephant dung.

everybody cut the crap!!!! this is true!!!!

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
12-11-2004 12:28
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

quote:
Originally posted by samurai
seriously... its all about the finished product.

i use whatever suits me the best.

true

quote:
i'm not gonna use a screwdriver to pound a nail into a wall, ill use a hammer
just like im not gonna use SF Acid or Reason to program my beats, ill use Fruity

get me?

no i don't get you. you're talking absolute crap. have you ever used reason? probably not cause you'd know that it's a great effing for programming drums, esp with the broad rex support.

i don't care if you defend FL, but don't go attack apps in such a dirty way , apps that might be effing useful for lots of people + will be useful for lots of people in the future

don't talk crap guys.

and about fl, might i mention the big concord dawn cliché?

__

12-11-2004 13:14 Homepage of peet
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, you may Smile

But I find doing sequencing in Reason VERY easy and intuitive, even for drums (and I don't use that pattern function with the yellow bars, I do hard programming)

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

12-11-2004 22:03 Homepage of Surya
samurai samurai is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 21-11-2002

haha chill dude. i use reason for some things.

i just dont use reason for my beats. if i've got a beat in my head i've been thinkin about, i wanna get it down ASAP, and so FL is the best program for this. in terms of versatility to beats, i'd agree reason is the best, especially in conjunction with Recycle and REX's.

but damnit nothing beats the speed and ease of use of FL is youve GOT to write something down QUICK.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by samurai: 13-11-2004 04:48.

13-11-2004 04:48 Homepage of samurai
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Beats me, I wouldn't know what's so easy about making beats in FL, but if it works for you... Bigup

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

13-11-2004 07:53 Homepage of Surya
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Fruity Loops. Hahahahahahahahahaha