drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Wavelab
Go to the bottom of this page Wavelab
Author

images/avatars/avatar-27.gif

Registration Date: 16-02-2003

It seems like it's capable to run DirectX/VST-plug-ins on live input, and for a while it seemed to work (view->live-input). However, after a while a lot of feedback came across. Can anyone help me with this one? I'd really appreciate it. Or perhaps anyone knows another way for dealing with this (i.e. not via Wavelab)?
10-04-2003 20:57
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

You were probably sending a part of your output back to your input. Normally a plug-in in itself does not generate feedback, it somehow has to be routed to itself to cause feedback...

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-04-2003 18:47 Homepage of thechronic
Rha Rha is a female

well, that's feedback allright.. but i'm not recording my OUT or anything Confused had the same problem in Diamond Cut...
26-04-2003 14:27
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Might be a problem with your sound card if it's happening in more than one program...

I still find it a weird problem, are you sure it IS feedback? When does it happen? Does it happen when you record the input straight to disk without playing back any other tracks?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-04-2003 21:35 Homepage of thechronic
Rha Rha is a female

Solved the problem, had to mute the line2-input in the record-section, but there's still a rather long delay ongoing (about 500ms Evil ). If anyone knows how this crappy latency could be dealt with, tell us/me! thx for your concearn anyway
02-05-2003 14:34
Rha Rha is a female

Another Wavelab question: how can i save files with the VST-plug-ins directly added to the sound without having to record them all over? Did i miss something Pleased ?
02-05-2003 14:39
Quinone Quinone is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-33.jpg

Registration Date: 20-04-2003

Yes, you missed something Smile

Look at the bottom of the master section, and use render there. When this is done, all fx are processed on the original wave.

Another good advice (since you seem rather new to wavelab...hit me where it hurts if I'm wrong Wink ): you can save templates of your fx-chains in the presets section. An amazing possibility if you need to master multiple waves with the same fx-chain, or if you want to check an individual wave with different fx-chains that change only a little bit.

And yes, this advice is fuzzy...I'll explain in detail if interested Big Grin

Inge
02-05-2003 22:54
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Wavelab