drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Musical Training Forum, a new and special forum
Go to the bottom of this page Musical Training Forum, a new and special forum
Author
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 02-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

a forum were there is just a bunch of project files from verious music making programs complete with their own threads. this would help atract of asist beginners and if these beginners engoy their time at this forum then they will probably with some time become regulars and add to the activeness of the forum... is it a good idea or is it not gunnu happen ?

__
Wow, i was feeling pritty bad there 10/18/2004, but when a person is under an emotional extream error is sure to soon fallow.
27-09-2004 05:00
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Might be nice indeed. A "Share your tracks" forum, or even better a "Collaborate" forum Big Grin

@ mods: move this to the suggestions forum please

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-09-2004 09:12 Homepage of Surya
Mix_Man_Dan Mix_Man_Dan is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

Smile
speeking of "Shareing your tracks"
i made a set of instrumental loops and drum
loops in the form of an FL-Studio projec file,
im gunnu talk to the chronic and ask him if he likes the idea, he probably will, then ill upload it Smile
there are wav form drum loops at the downloads page but there are no project file loop sets,
project file loop sets own because they are 100% editable, and the flp i made is only 120Kb or somthing,
thats realy small compared to wav.

but yah, handing out project files and remixing the remixes that other forum members made and re-uploading sounds to me like a way to get very unique sound. the only question is who gets to sell it?
i say to remedy this keep all project files short so it cant be a full song and cant be sold on an album because its not a full loop.

__
Wow, i was feeling pritty bad there 10/18/2004, but when a person is under an emotional extream error is sure to soon fallow.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mix_Man_Dan: 28-09-2004 13:09.

28-09-2004 13:07
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Mix_Man_Dan
the flp i made is only 120Kb or somthing,
thats realy small compared to wav.

Only the .flp file won't do, It only contains info about when to play what etc., u will still need to add the samples u used (in .wav format). U can export everything including samples to a zip file though, wich will still be much smaller then if u put the entire loop to a wave file.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
28-09-2004 19:03 Homepage of djfreemc
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Indeed.

With Reason you can include the wavs in the file...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

28-09-2004 19:36 Homepage of Surya
Mix_Man_Dan Mix_Man_Dan is a male
Cool Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

i didnt add samples that FL didnt come with,
and you can use the zipped loop package option
if you want to include all used wavs in the project
file.

__
28-09-2004 23:53
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Musical Training Forum, a new and special forum