drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Ure top 5 movies
Go to the bottom of this page Ure top 5 movies 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Fuck, forgot Event Horizon - kick ass film

__
VAS
03-09-2003 14:38
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

I already saw a lot of good movies mentioned here - well - here is my list for the moment (just the ones I can come up with atm - the order is insignificant) Left out the most obvious ones at the time being...

- Twelve Monkeys - super acting of both Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis (one of his best movies I think)
- Cube - great low-budget thriller
- American Beauty
- Starship troopers - Magnificent movie of Paul Verhoeven. A lot of people don't see the humor and critics in the movie, it "pretends" to be a sci-fi action movie, but that's only the surface... When you look closer, you see the critics on the current sociaty, propaganda, ...
- Any way the wind blows - recent Belgium debut of Tom Barman (lead singer of Deus, DJ playing together with CJ Boland, ...)
- memento
- requim for a dream
- snatch
- lock stock and two smoking barrels
- boondock saints
- fight club
- Alien
- Leon

@PrinZ - Brazil is also from the same director as Twelve Monkeys (Terry Gilliam) - havn't seen Brazil yet - really want to - but am unable to find him anywhere Frown

About Jim Carrey - as Surya said - Man on the Moon is his best movie I personally think. Bruce Almighty amazed me a bit - a lot better than I thought it would be... It was a fun comedy - and I don't like his movies in general. They are usually waaaay too stupid...

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 03-09-2003 15:38.

03-09-2003 15:38 Homepage of KoFFiE
PrinZ PrinZ is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 01-09-2003

to koffie; the only place i know that they have that film is at my school and at the filmmusea's @antwerp and brussels.

A movie i forgot was black cat, white cat. But this kind of humor isn't attractive for everyone. But i've you like it you should really see some other films of this director, like underground.

more films:
rumble fish( excellent cinematography )
koyanisquatsi ( wonderfull music by phillip glass brought to life by directors as steven spielberg and kubrick)
the ideots ( all dogma 95 films are lovely to watch)
the cell ( the only film were j lo don't need her ass to "schitteren" )
03-09-2003 18:05
Don-E-Fresh Don-E-Fresh is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-82.gif

Registration Date: 16-07-2003

saw WAKING LIFE yesterday by Richard linklater.

Richard gave us movies like : dazed&confused and before sunrise.

If you want to see something special check this one

script is very original
cinematography like you haven't ever seen before

Donny says Bigup

__
All for one and breakz for all
03-09-2003 18:46
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by DjSlut
5.resident evil, star wars ep.5, Pi, donnie darko, bowling for columbine, raging bull, full metal jacket, menace II society, mortal combat 1, and a bunch of others that i cant be fucked to list.

Huh? How can you put Mortal Kombat (yeah, that's with a K, those people can't write Tongue ) in that list? It is a very poorly directed, acted and written movie with very weak story (if you can call it a story). I gave it 3/10 Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by KoFFiE
- Starship troopers - Magnificent movie of Paul Verhoeven. A lot of people don't see the humor and critics in the movie, it "pretends" to be a sci-fi action movie, but that's only the surface... When you look closer, you see the critics on the current sociaty, propaganda, ...

Yeah, saw it again earlyer this year, with audio commentary by Verhoeven. The war was still in full effect at that time, and I couldn't stop thinking how similar the movie was to that stupid war. Superb! 10/10!!!
quote:
Originally posted by KoFFiE
@PrinZ - Brazil is also from the same director as Twelve Monkeys (Terry Gilliam) - havn't seen Brazil yet - really want to - but am unable to find him anywhere Frown

Lol, I have it in my collection Tongue
Come and pick it up sometime (still have to watch it myself tho)
quote:
Originally posted by PrinZ
koyanisquatsi ( wonderfull music by phillip glass brought to life by directors as steven spielberg and kubrick)

Huh? What do you mean? It's directed by Godfrey Reggio, just like it's 2 sequels.
quote:
Originally posted by PrinZ
the cell ( the only film were j lo don't need her ass to "schitteren" )

Yeah, not bad at all.
quote:
Originally posted by Don-E-Fresh
saw WAKING LIFE yesterday by Richard linklater.

Richard gave us movies like : dazed&confused and before sunrise.

If you want to see something special check this one

script is very original
cinematography like you haven't ever seen before

Donny says Bigup

I have only seen Tape from Linkater up untill now, but that was a cool movie (only 3 actors Tongue ) and I think I'll be watching Waking Life soon (I have it around somewhere)

Just saw Unforgiven yesterday. Not a big fan of westerns at all, but I found it a very fine movie. Very decent acting, slow story but a very good one. 9/10

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-09-2003 20:32 Homepage of Surya
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Huh? How can you put Mortal Kombat (yeah, that's with a K, those people can't write ) in that list? It is a very poorly directed, acted and written movie with very weak story (if you can call it a story). I gave it 3/10

You are probably right. But when it first came out it was original fighting and shit, also i really like the game. When i was young i used to watch that film all the time. It was the first film i saw where they had like fucked fireballs and ice and shit like that. Since i am already posting i'll add some more films:
Eazy Rider! (don't think anyone said that one yet)
StormRiders(fucking awesome, must see) Bigup
Goldfinger(my fav bond)
Being john malkovich
Horror in the attic
the BLOB(anyone remember that one?)
oh yeah, invasion of the body snatchers!
Predator I
Barber of Siberia
all at the mo.

__
VAS
03-09-2003 23:03
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, Being John Malkovich is fucking cool
And Predator is fucking scary! Whach it alone late at night Tongue

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-09-2003 11:07 Homepage of Surya
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

not as scary as Event Horizon!

__
VAS
04-09-2003 16:10
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
not as scary as Event Horizon!

Didn't like thatone. Saw it in theatre when it came out, left me cold

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-09-2003 16:16 Homepage of Surya
groeveij
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-06-2003

since my 'vakantiejob' is done I spended quite some time watching movies, here's what I think of em

finding nemo : same guys who made toy story and ice age, I enjoyed it very much. This movie beats ice age imo. If u like the genre, defo watch it.

la haine : classic one, y'all know. Still kicks but

arlington road : don't remember much but I do remember he was good. An unpredictable ending which pleases me all the time.

red dragon : this is the 3rd movie in row with lector but is actually happening before silence of the lambs. Real nice ! Got my full attention during the whole film.

mission impossible 2: yeah, worst movie in row. Actually what had to be an actionpic turned out to be a comedy 2 me, I mean everythings predictable. Weak ..

the bourne identity : yeah, digged it. Dude with some kind of amnesia trying to know who he is and stuff, liked it..

the recruit : Al Pacino is one of my favourite movieactors. Didn't know the other maincharacter but he's good as well. Altough it contained the cia as ever returning subject in american movies but the story had a hold on me. An unpredictable end aswell (2 me that is) so enjoyed it overall!

lord of the rings 2 : decided 2 wait till the 3rd movie was available to see to watch the second lord of the rings but hey, whatever. Think if u're into this kinda movies u'll love it. I enjoyed it, I started watching @ 12h and before I knew it was 3..

__
wasted kru
05-09-2003 01:10
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by groeveij
the recruit : Al Pacino is one of my favourite movieactors. Didn't know the other maincharacter but he's good as well.

Never seen Colin Farfell before? He's all over hollywood as of lately. All started in 2000 when he had a supporting role in Ordinary Decent Criminal (fun movie btw) as well as the lead role in Tigerland (very decent vietnam movie, whach it!). Since then he has been in Hart's War (next to Bruce Willis), Minority Report (next to Tom Cruse) Phone Booth (lead), The Recruit (as mentioned above) and Daredevil (playing the evil guy who likes to throw shit at people). And soon we'll see him in Veronica Guerin (next to Cate Blanchett), S.W.A.T. (next to Sam L. Jackson), Intermission (lead), and not to forget, he'll be playing Alexander the Great in the new Oliver Stone film. About a rocketing career!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-09-2003 07:05 Homepage of Surya
groeveij
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-06-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:
the recruit : Al Pacino is one of my favourite movieactors. Didn't know the other maincharacter but he's good as well.

Never seen Colin Farfell before? He's all over hollywood as of lately. All started in 2000 when he had a supporting role in Ordinary Decent Criminal (fun movie btw) as well as the lead role in Tigerland (very decent vietnam movie, whach it!). Since then he has been in Hart's War (next to Bruce Willis), Minority Report (next to Tom Cruse) Phone Booth (lead), The Recruit (as mentioned above) and Daredevil (playing the evil guy who likes to throw shit at people). And soon we'll see him in Veronica Guerin (next to Cate Blanchett), S.W.A.T. (next to Sam L. Jackson), Intermission (lead), and not to forget, he'll be playing Alexander the Great in the new Oliver Stone film. About a rocketing career!

noowp, got phonebooth here on cdrom but didn't feel like watching it yet Pleased

__
wasted kru
05-09-2003 11:47
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:

noowp, got phonebooth here on cdrom but didn't feel like watching it yet Pleased

Nice movie, nice atmosphere..liked it a lot

Yesterday i watched American Psycho...not bad at all, but really feel like reading the book...mostley better ey Big Grin

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
05-09-2003 12:31
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Just rememberred another one:
BATTLE ROYAL

This one one is seriously cool and has a twisted idea! Bigup

__
VAS
05-09-2003 14:00
PrinZ PrinZ is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 01-09-2003

quote:
BATTLE ROYAL

tzal wel zijn.
this one is nice indeed, really opens your eyes and changed my opinion about games like bigbrother and shit. If you didn't saw this one allready you really should check him out (it's japanese so probably you find it in the import section in videotheek)
05-09-2003 14:24
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah, seen it 3 times now. Cool. Looking forward to the sequel. Hope that one is at least as good.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-09-2003 14:53 Homepage of Surya
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

sequal sounds cool!
So has anyone here seen stromriders? It's awesome! It's a kung fu film with figthing like in Final Fantasy games. COOL! Big Grin

__
VAS
05-09-2003 15:54
Azer Azer is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-11.jpg

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

pink Bigup

__
Sun
05-09-2003 16:04
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
So has anyone here seen stromriders? It's awesome! It's a kung fu film with figthing like in Final Fantasy games. COOL! Big Grin

Nope, I haven't, but I do like martial arts movies, if the story is good (Crouching Tiger, offcourse, but also Iron Monkey, The Princess Blade and a few more)

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-09-2003 16:20 Homepage of Surya
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

can't really remember the story, was quite stoned! but its all about the fighting! Tongue

__
VAS
05-09-2003 16:34
Pages (54): « previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 next » ... last »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Ure top 5 movies