drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Ure top 5 movies
Go to the bottom of this page Ure top 5 movies 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-82.gif

Registration Date: 16-07-2003

Donny's tips for the day:

Back to the future: BBC1, 16.45 u.
The Firm: VT4, 21.15 u
High fidelity: BBC2v 22.00 u

__
All for one and breakz for all
30-12-2003 14:53
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

Yesterday I saw LOTR2!!!

for me , this one is better then the first one!

and ok, it is a good movie...but I don't think he deserves all the 'heisa' around it !!!
my opinion, don't shoot me if I'm wrong!!

cheerz!

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
30-12-2003 15:27
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

:paw:

Oh, sorry Tongue

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-12-2003 16:59 Homepage of Surya
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Watched Fargo again yesterday , still one of my favorite movies ... later on tonite i'm gonna watch Life of Brian by monty python again Bigup

...that one is sooooo funny Pleased have already seen it at least ten times and still can't get enough of it

ahja , can anyone tell me shortly what cicade de deus is about ( without telling the end of it ) , i only know it's about the slums in the capital of Brazil and how hard it is to live there , for the rest i've heard nothing but good comments and when our school was showing the movie , there was something wrong with the "filmrol" apparantely Cry
so thinking about renting it for tomorrow afternoon or the day after ....

any other good tips btw ( since i'm not such a big film watcher/expert) ???

btw , Lord of the rings isn't my thing either ( altho i can't judge it only from the trailers perhaps) , i think it's all pretty overrated just like Starwarz , not a too big of fan of the schience fiction genre Roll Eyes

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
30-12-2003 20:38 Homepage of basslicious
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Citade de Deus is wicked Big Grin

huren die handel !

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
30-12-2003 21:48
::prez:: ::prez:: is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 01-10-2003

Helpfulness rating: 

Well, Cidade de Deus is about some boys who grow up in a Brazilian slum(but you allready knew that).
The main character is called Buscapé. Through the years you see him ,and the other boys and girls in his surroundings, growing up, eachone following his own ambition: Buscapé wants to be a photographer (important influence on the story!), Zé wants to be the most powerfull criminal in the area and is willing to do everything to obtain this position, and so on.
The movie tells so many different complicated stories: you see the internal conflicts, the gang warz, the way of thinking typical for kids and yung adults growing up in such a violent neighbourhood.
Hope you know a bit more now,but anyway,find a copy and watch it because it's an absolute masterpiece.

Greetz

__
- The disease of today is they want to give a name to everything -

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ::prez::: 30-12-2003 22:10.

30-12-2003 22:09
Sexy Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

saw family man this afternoon!

bored as hell!!!
another nicolas cage movie!!! Roll Eyes

__

30-12-2003 23:27
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Just saw Final Destination 2... and it was Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes all the time. Extremely predictable, not thrilling at all and very far fetched. Kinda expected that, but not this extreme. 4/10

Liked the 5 Simpsons episodes I saw today a lot better Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

31-12-2003 00:24 Homepage of Surya
arkaeONE arkaeONE is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 23-11-2003

Helpfulness rating: 

i saw LOTR2 again this evening. didn't remember much off the movie, and i don't know why..(Booze Spliff Passout ??) just refreshin' my mind before i see the 3rd Smile

__
it's called stuctured chaos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by arkaeONE: 31-12-2003 00:42.

31-12-2003 00:41
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

simpsons are the bomb!!!

could watch those all day long Big Grin

hehehe cheerz

__

31-12-2003 09:21 Homepage of Emblem-X
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

quote:
Originally posted by MaydaY
-SWAT ... just another fbi,cia...cop story... not bad though
-elephant.... this 1 really rocked... in the beginning i thought it was a movie like the rulez of attraction... but there just nothing happens in the movie... untill the last 15min. Damn what a story, totaly not hollywood style.... love it.

100% true - Elephant is great - those who ever helped shooting a movie or smth that should be cut understand immediately how hard and difficult the very special filming and acting must have been, but it was great. Everything is so quiet and calm, until the last 15 mins as you say Smile I really enjoyed this-one.

Also saw Hero - the chinese movie, which I liked very much. Very special (and nice) how colors are used, nice action scenes a'la Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and very symbolic everywhere, not for the average public. One of the best movies I saw with Jet Li imho (except maybe Once Upon a Time in China - however...)

quote:
Originally posted by suvcycle
Citade de Deus is wicked Big Grin

huren die handel !

agreed - yesterday I saw the DVD in the freerecord shop @ metropolis antwerp - but it was 32 eur Frown which I thought was a little too much, even for a good movie - so I got myself 2 other dvd's of good movies (Forrest Gump & Gladiator) for less money.

Lately saw Spun - movie about speed addicts, a bit in the style of trainspotting, but not as good. The whole movie isn't as good as trainspotting, but it certainly aint bad Smile The style of filming and cutting resembles Requiem for a dream a lot, very fast like you're on speed yourself. Some things in the movie are really Huh - staying awake for 13 days? A lot of funny situations, but I expected a lot more from the story, which didn't really have a climax. The movie is 16+ rated for explicit nudity, which certainly is there - but most of the time in a very funny way, sometimes not really *intellectual* humor - but certainly funny Smile

Also saw Young Adam - good movie imho, but not for the big public i'm afraid. it is rated 16+ for "explicit sex scenes" but you don't really notice that, is comes so naturally in the movie that it aren't really highlights, also - there is quiet a lot of it, but thats really no reason to watch this movie, it's not american *romantic*. At a certain moment the guy rents a room, the lady that rents it to him simply says something like that he wouldn't be that different from the previous guy that rented the room, and the next moment you see is when they are nocking themselfs out Wink The story itself is good, however I thought that the (non-intended) climax came a bit early in the movie (halfway I estimate) - and what they intended as "the" climax was a bit dull imho.

Also saw scary movie 3 yesterday - bad movie actually, with more than one good joke, but basicly no story that makes sense, and you should have seen a lot of movies the last two years to understand all the jokes or attempts for a joke. It had it's funny moments, but that's it - don't expect anything more.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 02-01-2004 11:16.

02-01-2004 11:01 Homepage of KoFFiE
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Scary Movie was Roll Eyes
Scary Movie 2 was Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Don't think I'm whaching the 3rd one Tongue

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-01-2004 14:30 Homepage of Surya
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

tonite @ kanaal 2 : lock stock and two smoking barrels!

another favorite of mine Big Grin

cheerz

__

03-01-2004 16:49 Homepage of Emblem-X
groeveij
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-06-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
tonite @ kanaal 2 : lock stock and two smoking barrels!

another favorite of mine Big Grin

cheerz

superb, got this one on my pc.
going to the cinema tonight but no clue at all which one it will be. Seen lotr3 yet and don't think it's overated at all. THe 2nd one is the best imo

__
wasted kru
03-01-2004 18:23
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Lock Stock is great indeed, but I liked Snatch a bit more.

Anyway, I saw Children of a Lesser God yesterday. About a teacher who teaches deaf people to talk and fals in love with a deaf girl who refuses to learn how to talk. Then it slowly unfolds why she doesn't want to talk. Was quite pretentious imo (the deaf girl was really played by a deaf girl), tempo was slow to pleas the "cinefiel" audiences, or at least, seemd to me that was the intention, and acting was supposed to be good. But imo it was all just mediocre, and the score was simply awfull. Just 6/10

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-01-2004 19:55 Homepage of Surya
Sexy Lady

Helpfulness rating: 

just saw the truman show again !!
weird huh..imagine, that all could be true!!!

actually it is possible....

well yeah

Jim Carrey is one off my favourite actors, but I don't think these movies are made for him!
or serious or silly, but not something in between!

__

03-01-2004 23:35
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

spun sucks, it's as simple as that lol..

big dissapointment!

cheerz

__

04-01-2004 11:06 Homepage of Emblem-X
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Damned I missed Lock, Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels yesterday...

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-01-2004 11:06 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Finally saw Cidade de Deus yesterday
Took me about 45 minutes, to get really into it, but in the end i was Shocked Shocked Shocked
Really superb! Incredible what they did with such a small buget! Gripping story(s), great acting, very nice cinomatography!!! 9.5/10

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

04-01-2004 13:04 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Finally got LOTR - The Fellowship Of The Ring in my mailbox!! Big Grin It's the special edition with 4 DVDs Cool

Ordered it in September to surely get it in time before the third part came out Roll Eyes

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
10-01-2004 03:14 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (54): « first ... « previous 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 next » ... last »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Ure top 5 movies