drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » How's the mix?
Go to the bottom of this page How's the mix?
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 21-12-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Hey guys.

New tune going on, but my speakers are sort of limited. Wondering how the mix sounds so far? It's not finished....

Any feed appreciated.

Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/absinthus/jau-06-sample
04-10-2012 22:37
djchavez21
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-10-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

I actually really like this track. Kinda has a black sun empire feel during the middle interlude. Maybe raise the volume of that shaker just a little bit that comes in at about :32 seconds. Raise the overall mix which im assuming you will do in mastering. After the interlude and it drops again if you keep the same sound and feel going but add some dirty mid bass real neurofunky and techy shit with some drums that really get it moving I think it would be a bad ass track. Leave everything else as is except maybe work on the interlude and not sure if the intro works for me but maybe it's ok.
05-10-2012 03:09
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Nice mixdown, like the basses.
There's some weeping sound in the background every now and then which doesn't belong their for my taste.

I would love the bassline to have a more clear structure. It all seems to be a bit "floating around" right now.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
09-10-2012 15:42 Homepage of BattleDrone
M.O.A.B. M.O.A.B. is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-567.jpg

Registration Date: 22-04-2003

Nice sounding track.

Think maybe the structure could do with some work, but at 3 minutes i guess you were just after comments abour the mix at the moment.

Ive started importing a proper track into my projects to place intro, breaks etc where they "should" be or there abouts.

Mix sounds pretty good to me, if it were my track i think id try some ride cymbal loops for the drums or some other layer to the drums to try and make it 'kick off' a bit more.

Bloody good job so far tho dude, i wish i could make bass lines like that lol Big Grin
10-10-2012 15:00
CorKor
Tourist

Registration Date: 21-12-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Thanks

Changed the bass radically now though.
Bit stuck on this one, so i'll leave it be for awhile.

Anyways, cheers dudes
13-10-2012 17:16
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » How's the mix?