drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » MIDI files in FruityLoops 4.01
Go to the bottom of this page MIDI files in FruityLoops 4.01
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

How can I play midi files in FL?
I mean, the program opens the file, and the melodies and everything, but when I try to play it, it plays but no sound. Frown

Also, I'd like to ask what in the hell is midi keyboard and what can I do with it (in fl and elsewhere)
10x

Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-09-2004 20:32 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Qbit Qbit is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-159.gif

Registration Date: 14-11-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

aight!

1. load the fruity LSD plugin in to a FX channel of choice. (i usually use the master channel)
2. add a MIDI out channel
3. set port (of that MIDI out channel) to 1
4. choose a sound from the first channel (port 1 == channel 1)

the port stands for the instrument in the soundbank. (LSD, 16 different channels are possible)

edit: in case you already opened a MIDI file, all you have to do is open the LSD and link it to the MIDI channel.

MIDI keyboard: is a keyboard used to control (hardware). you can link it to your pc via USB or a serial cable. when linked, you are able to play your softsynths, samples, etc...

__

Drop On Request

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Qbit: 15-09-2004 01:09.

15-09-2004 01:07 Homepage of Qbit
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Thanx man, that helped a bit! Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
17-09-2004 19:16 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » MIDI files in FruityLoops 4.01