drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Muzzy - The Darkest Star
Go to the bottom of this page Muzzy - The Darkest Star
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Dark Liquid?
some feedback would be much appreciated, thank you.
Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLUq3uY_VcA&feature=youtu.be

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MuzzyDNB: 02-09-2012 19:29.

02-09-2012 19:29
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Well made. Not much to add to that actually, except for something I disliked due to personal taste: In most bars, your second kick is on the third beat, and I really, really hate that, as it takes away from the brokenness of the beats, which for me, is an essential part of DnB. If the beats aint broken, you don't have DnB, as DnB = dirty loud basslines + BROKEN beats at 170+ bpm
Not everyone sees it that way, but I feel very strongly about this Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-09-2012 07:19 Homepage of Surya
djchavez21
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-10-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

I like the groove but I am always waiting for it to take off into drum and bass. If it's classified into drum and bass, I don't mind the different drum patterns. I actually kind of prefer the different change up. But I always love when it builds back up into a drum and bass drop and in my opinion laughs at all the other genre's because d n' b is so freaking awesome. So I'm with Surya on this 1. Nice production tho!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djchavez21: 04-09-2012 01:55.

04-09-2012 01:55
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Well, I usually disaggree with Surya on a lot of things, but this time he is spot on Big Grin .
I also dislike this kick-snare-kick-snare-4-to-the-floor stuff as it has no tension at all.
Also your drum rolls seem to clip and the first kick after a drum roll is missing which ruins your drop.
The structure of the tune is not tight enough, you might want to work that because the style of DnB you are going for requires massive buildups and tension all over the place.

Your mixdowns are strong and tunes like Paperchase really sound like they could be dropped by any big boi out there! Good work!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-09-2012 21:05 Homepage of BattleDrone
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Muzzy hasn't been back, which leads me to believe he isn't actually looking for feadback, but just wants us to listen to his track and get exposure Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

05-09-2012 17:39 Homepage of Surya
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Which backfires if people do give feedback and it isn't all love and praise. Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
05-09-2012 21:29 Homepage of BattleDrone
MuzzyDNB
Producer

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Noooooo I have, I literally just completely forgot about this thread! I've been busy with my life so it's hard to keep track of everything that I'm doing, but foreal thank you very much for the feedback.

I kinda agree about the drums now listening to it a few times over reading this,
I've been so used to just the normal dnb drum pattern these days that I went back to using 4x4.

Although one thing I kinda disagree with I really felt tense making this haha, I thought the tension was ok, might be a matter of opinion,

and thanks for the tech feedback, glad my mastering is getting better.
More tunes will be on here soon Smile thanks folks!

PS Sorry I can't review much tracks on here, I'm really really busy and it's rare I put tracks on here for some genuine feedback anyway,

loving you battledrone as usual for giving good reviews, and to the others Smile

__

12-09-2012 21:01
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Muzzy - The Darkest Star