drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » How would you rate my sound design?
Go to the bottom of this page How would you rate my sound design?
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 07-05-2009

Right this way gentlemen!

http://soundcloud.com/finrg-recordings/k...tic-cannibal-dj

Thanks!
22-07-2012 22:41
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Not bad, but I do find the vocal mixed in too loud. That's how you mix pop music, not DnB

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-07-2012 14:08 Homepage of Surya
djchavez21
Tourist

Registration Date: 17-10-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

HELL YAH. COOL ASS TUNE MAN. I ALWAYS GROOVE WAY BETTER TO DNB THEN I DO DUBSTEP. GOOD JOB!!
25-07-2012 04:59
DJ_Rx
Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Not bad, but I do find the vocal mixed in too loud. That's how you mix pop music, not DnB

Umm.. I kinda want to dispute that, vocals are very important in any kind of music and my take on has always been that all the lyrics must be heard no matter what music style. At the end of the day I think we are talking about 1-2dbs and therefore splitting hair on the topic but I do appreciate your feedback and will check out my vocal levels in future productions.

Rxxx
25-07-2012 16:36
DJ_Rx
Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by djchavez21
HELL YAH. COOL ASS TUNE MAN. I ALWAYS GROOVE WAY BETTER TO DNB THEN I DO DUBSTEP. GOOD JOB!!

Thanks man, I really like dropping the beats and basses and slamming the whole lot back to 170bpm!
25-07-2012 16:44
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Rx
quote:

Umm.. I kinda want to dispute that, vocals are very important in any kind of music and my take on has always been that all the lyrics must be heard no matter what music style. At the end of the day I think we are talking about 1-2dbs and therefore splitting hair on the topic but I do appreciate your feedback and will check out my vocal levels in future productions.

Rxxx

Well, I guess it's a preference thing. I like vocals to be part of the whole thing, not a layer added on top. I listen to DnB as a genre I want to move my ass to, not listen to the lyrics. I don't care what they're saying, as long as the music is good Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-07-2012 07:57 Homepage of Surya
DJ_Rx
Tourist

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Rx
quote:

Rxxx

Well, I guess it's a preference thing. I like vocals to be part of the whole thing, not a layer added on top. I listen to DnB as a genre I want to move my ass to, not listen to the lyrics. I don't care what they're saying, as long as the music is good Smile

Yeah I gues I´m kinda old school on that, I´m trained music producer and it´s been hammered to my spine that vocals have always stand out, no matter what the music style Drummer
26-07-2012 21:27
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » How would you rate my sound design?