Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Alright, I know you have to be a pro to know this,

But does anyone has the slightest idea to make a bass bend like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVYUixZAHw

you can hear it around 2:12

I think it's a matter of slightly pitch bending or using different notes..

I know they use filters to make those reese sounds wobble but I just cant figure how to bend my sub like that (I use massive & ableton)

Any ideas?

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
20-05-2012 22:33
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The sub isn't going anywhere, it's just a note and then 1 note higher for 2 bars each.

The mid bass is going through some filters making it sound pretty organic, some pitch bending at attack and at end to make it sound even more organic.

This can be reached by making some cut off filters with automation and resampling the whole thing at various octaves.
Take a long constant bass note with some good mid action and play it at C-4... send it through some automated Cut off filter and bounce it (save to wav).
Now load this sample again and play it through the same filters at C-5. The sample will get the same automation at double speed which will add an extra layer of cut-off action, bounce again and reload. Keep doing this at different notes to get more variation.
At all times be very careful with compression, distortion, reverb and what not. You don't want to create layers of compression on compression and distortion on distortion as it will only sound harsh and clipped to death.

If for some reason you want to use a version of your sound which has only been processed 3 times and the other sounds have all been processed 7 times or more you'll hear that these sounds don't fit together because they don't have the same level of compression and distortion. So keep it simple and clean when you create filter madness.

Then load the sample into your favorite audio editor and start searching for some interesting parts which you can save to make a tune.
Actually from then on you are doing the same thing as Alix Perez was doing in his tune Melanie. It's like digging your own crate.

Once you start laying out your final tune you can add some compression, distortion, reverb, ... to all basses.

A lot of posts ask: "how did producer X create these wicked bass twists?" the answer is simple: he was fucking around with some filters and this came out.
Nobody ever starts with this kind of sound in their head and manages to make it come out exactly the way they heard it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
21-05-2012 14:34 Homepage of BattleDrone
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

thanks BattleDrone, so that's how they do it.

I think I will try some shit now... :p

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
21-05-2012 22:17
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Bass bending