drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » !!! Sub bass !!!
Go to the bottom of this page !!! Sub bass !!!
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 26-01-2012

Hi. First of all, sorry... this isn't a thread for making an amazing sub!

I'm really struggling to make a nice warm sub bass for a track im working on and need some help if you can... I'm using FL / Sonar x1 and only synths I have for making bass are albino and massive...

I'm looking for a sound kind of like in calibres new remix of gabriel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsTUHvt99w0

just a nice warm sub that comes through the mix nice like that does.

Thanks in advance! Smile Smile
Will link the track once subs have been added
02-04-2012 00:01
Altodnb Altodnb is a male
Altodnb

Registration Date: 20-02-2012

If im looking to get a sub like that, i would do it on massive just because i know how to work the synth.

so first put all 3 osc to a Sin-Square wave, with the first 2 on the formant setting and have the 3rd on spectrum.
I dont bother pitching down instead i just play a very low note.
Have the wavetable position on all 3 all the way to the left and all 3 amps to the right, and mess about with the intensity. my settings have the first osc intensity at 9oclock, the second at 7oclock and the 3rd at 5oclock but you can change any of these to get your own feel of the sound.

And thats pretty much it really, just play around with it after that

__
Soundcloud
02-04-2012 02:32 Homepage of Altodnb
w3st26
Tourist

Registration Date: 26-01-2012

Nice 1 alto dude, I'll try that out and get back to you tomorrow Smile
wish I had the money to go to music college / whatever, I can make music but I just struggle getting the sounds to be right & don't really want to use samples

Checked your soundcloud, some big tracks on there... srs

Big ups!
02-04-2012 05:55
Altodnb Altodnb is a male
Altodnb

Registration Date: 20-02-2012

Cheers man, i know that feeling of wishing you could have a tutor when you start or music school but that stuff to me seems like a waste of money all it is(well for me) is knowing your synths inside-out and hours of experimenting/youtube tutorials haha Smile

__
Soundcloud
11-04-2012 02:05 Homepage of Altodnb
TitaniumFilms TitaniumFilms is a male
Mike

images/avatars/avatar-3245.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2010

I would say using 3xOsc and putting all 3 oscillators on sine. Then raise the mix volume for all three. A quick and easy sub bass.

Another recommendation I have, since you have FL Studio, is using the Harmless VST. You can get a very nice, warm sub bass with it.
18-04-2012 23:09
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Try putting those 3osc into a lowpass and then just twitch around. Adding just a bit of dimension expanser also gives your sub a wider feeling.

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
19-04-2012 01:18
Lejitt Lejitt is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 17-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ive recently realized that is not just the sub sound itself that gives the feelin that you're after.... you can use a very simple sub (pretty much just a sine wave) as long as you place it properly in the mix it should do the job.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lejitt: 29-04-2012 17:41.

29-04-2012 17:38
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » !!! Sub bass !!!