drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » I need to find a good FREQ analyser for Mac
Go to the bottom of this page I need to find a good FREQ analyser for Mac
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 20-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I have recently moved to using a mac. My cubase software works on this too thankfully Smile (Cubase 5).

I cant find a decent/Free vst plug-in that analyses frequency in stereo and or mono. I am stuck using the default Cubase EQ which with 4 parameters is limited to say the least. I also cant seem to find a single free Sampler anywhere on the internet.

I have done alot of roaming through download sites, even torrent sites (shame on me) I have even brought magazines who claim to have these vst's available however when I install I get pop ups such as "powerPC not supported ect" and they dont work. I guess I just need to know, where to get myself a good Freq analyser or sampler and or how the bloody fuck you instal them on a mac.

thanks

TLBig Grin R - where do I get free/cheap VST for macbook and cubase 5, FREQ analyser/EQ and or sampler (such as Kontakt 4 ect) and how do I instal.
31-03-2012 12:50
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

First thing first - You're using a Mac, and on top of that, a PowerPC based Mac (as it would appear). That's usually NOT the ideal setup if you wish to use VST's alot, cause most VST's are programmed for Intel-based systems. Most new Mac's run on Intel, so theres little support for PowerPC-based Mac's regarding software nowadays. (AFAIK!!!!!)

Anyways, not sure if this will entirely fit your needs, nor do I know if it's for PowerPC Mac's, but I use Voxengo Soniformer, and since you're just using it for spectrum analyzation, the demo is good enough for you, as it mutes output as it's nag point. Just mute the output and you're good. Smile

http://www.voxengo.com/product/soniformer/

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

31-03-2012 17:51 Homepage of jeffijoe
xGranty xGranty is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 20-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Thanks for the reply!

I have had alot of problems installing vst's that come with the cubase software I purchased as well! It would hang on start up while trying to run them so I had to remove the DMG file from the computer.

I also installed Blue Cat Freq mono and stereo , however only the mono version works :S.

I would really like to spend hundred of £'s on plug ins but I just dont have the money, and it is really holding me back with my productions. Frown

thanks for the suggestion though I will give this a go!
01-04-2012 00:09
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » I need to find a good FREQ analyser for Mac