drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » This is NOT the end. Dnbbe will NOT be taken offline soon.
Go to the bottom of this page This is NOT the end. Dnbbe will NOT be taken offline soon.
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2730.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

ohh, that is unexpected news to me at least, haven't really been active over last year here Frown
Big thanks chron for maintaining this awesome portal though, I started out as a total noob here and learned a lot from all the the feedback and countless threads... hoping to see you all on other sites soon!

__
o_O
03-06-2012 03:01
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Hey Chronic, hope you're well. Was just wondering whether maybe we could look at some kind of fundraiser for the site (maybe a party at a central-ish location somewhere in Europe) or possibly asking members to donate 10 euros each (I would donate a lot more than that if it would save the site) in some kind of bulk e-mail.

Also, is there any way somebody could take over your role either fully or partially? If we could upgrade the server to something more modern would that not solve some of the problems?

What about expanding the site (the exact opposite approach!) to include an internet radio station and a shop for dnb.be t-shirts, caps etc? If something is worth doing then I think it's worth doing properly. What do you think?

Regards,

Pace
07-06-2012 20:33
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Hey guys, money is not the problem, so a fundraising would not help Big Grin

I just can't spare the time to maintain this site any more. I have a total burnout after running this site for over 10 years. You don't want to know how many countless hours I have spent on this Wink I really can not do it any more. Really some mails you get from people can make you tear your hair out of frustration and anger, I have spent thousands of euros over the years to make this site available for free for everyone who wants to use it and all I get in return is hate and abuse. There really is no turning back anymore, this feeling has been growing for several years. The site is also beyond salvation, it is based on technology of 10 years ago. Stuff like the spam problem is not fixable unless major changes are made.

But I must say that since I have blocked the registrations that the time needed to run this has practically dropped to zero. I get almost no mails or PMs any more and there are no spammers Smile Life is good again Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
08-06-2012 01:48 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I changed my mind again Big Grin I can't just pull the trigger on this, I love this old horse way too much. I have now moved the forum to one of my other servers. Unfortunately the music and the other parts of the site had to be deleted, but these were hardly ever used anymore, everybody is on Soundcloud anyway.

The forum can spend its last years quietly in retirement here. At least people can still look at all the great info on producing that has been written in the forum, and if any of you still feel like having a chat then feel free to do so! I'll surely be around!

But I won't open up registrations again... I'm sorry but that's really out of the question, I want to live my life in peace. And hopefully I can use the free time I get now to work on cool new projects Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
08-06-2012 03:40 Homepage of thechronic
Puzzle Puzzle is a male
..zebra?

images/avatars/avatar-2746.gif

Registration Date: 27-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Big ups for this Chron! Dance

__
SoundCloud
Facebook
YouTube
08-06-2012 08:37 Homepage of Puzzle
AuroraFlux AuroraFlux is a male
AuroraFlux

Registration Date: 13-09-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

if this is the forum, let put our music on soundcloud guys!!!!! http://soundcloud.com/groups/drumnbass-be

i even made a logo, chopped up the old one xD

Please join so we can keep this going!!!! Drummer Drummer Drummer Drummer Drummer Drummer
09-06-2012 16:17 Homepage of AuroraFlux
cjstyles
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Chron - you the man....

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I changed my mind again Big Grin I can't just pull the trigger on this, I love this old horse way too much. I have now moved the forum to one of my other servers. Unfortunately the music and the other parts of the site had to be deleted, but these were hardly ever used anymore, everybody is on Soundcloud anyway.

The forum can spend its last years quietly in retirement here. At least people can still look at all the great info on producing that has been written in the forum, and if any of you still feel like having a chat then feel free to do so! I'll surely be around!

But I won't open up registrations again... I'm sorry but that's really out of the question, I want to live my life in peace. And hopefully I can use the free time I get now to work on cool new projects Big Grin

__
NexGen / Plush / Liquid Brilliants / LDNBmusic / Ambra

Paul SG - Hidden Smile (CJ Styles Remix) forthcoming Ambra

12-06-2012 01:54
DjSlut DjSlut is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Wow, sad news. But glad the site will stay up.

Mega thanks to the chronic and all the mods. I kinda agree with his logic, times are changing. Back when this site started there were few places to get advice on production. Now there's a video tutorial on how to do just about anything.

I myself have used this site less and less over the years, but mainly because I started producing non dnb stuff. But the reviews i got on this site back in the day really helped me progress as did the production techniques discussed. So i would like to thank all those that contributed to this wonderful site.
I used to still come on and listen to the tracks made here for inspiration. Some excellent producers have graced this board over the years... some are still here.

I am especially gutted to see the downloads section go. There was some phat samples on there! If by chance someone has a backup of those, please let me know. (I am having to build my lib from scratch after i spilled tea on my mac book.)
Frown

__
VAS
02-07-2012 16:12
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

While I haven't been very active the last couple of years, I have regularly checked this site, and I've spent many joyous hours here. Sad to see the site go, but I completely understand why. Your life has changed, our lives have changed, and most of all, the internet has changed.

Edit: glad it will stay Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-07-2012 07:15 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by AuroraFlux
if this is the forum, let put our music on soundcloud guys!!!!! http://soundcloud.com/groups/drumnbass-be

i even made a logo, chopped up the old one xD

Please join so we can keep this going!!!! Drummer Drummer Drummer Drummer Drummer Drummer

Wow that's awesome Happy

__
14-08-2012 20:06 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

That is cool. Just joined it and shared one of my older tracks Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-08-2012 09:25 Homepage of Surya
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

A very long time ago...
Waaw.. I've spent hours and hours discussing , listening to new tracks - good ones and bad ones Tongue - had a laugh and a tear...

Glad to see it's still going on... less...but still going on!!

Airfull

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
25-08-2012 21:01
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

I've just read this entire thread. Im now up to speed. Shocked

Massive props to The Chron and the dnb.be team. Pleased

It's an honour to be a member here after all this time, after all the site's been through.

Long live Drumnbass.be
Drummer

__
My Sounds
22-10-2012 22:10
XTensionTrigger XTensionTrigger is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2287.gif

Registration Date: 04-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Thanks Chron and I thank the entire community of drumnbass.be

It was an honor.

I'll be back in 3687 when my consciousness will algorithm stored on the biological hard drive Wink

Thank you ALL Happy

__

Myspace
16-01-2013 05:41 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

Maximum respect to Chron, the admins, producers, helpers and posters down the years.
Although I haven't been visiting much the last few years, I have very fond memories of this place.
Made a new resolution to visit the site more and participate on forum discussions.
BTW is there any way at all to get access to some of the old music?
I don't produce anymore and would like some way of downloading or storing my old uploads somewhere.

Cheers alll Woot

P.s. Did anyone make a facebook group in the end or not? What do you think the popularity of such a page would be? Food for thought

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
25-03-2013 12:31
Tomos Tomos is a male
Infidel

images/avatars/avatar-2998.jpg

Registration Date: 15-04-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.28

I've just logged in for the first time in over two years and I realise that I'm as guilty as anyone for the declining number of posts and tunes on this website over the past few years. But it's still shocking and a little heart breaking to hear that it's (almost) closed. But I entirely understand where Chron's coming from.

.be had something really special that you don't get from other forum websites. There was a different class of people here and it had a real community feel. You felt like you were talking to real people - people you'd call friends - who were on your level and were genuinely interested in helping your producing skills. It was a place I used to look forward to everyday, to hear some amazing tunes, to have some banter, some great debates and just enjoy communicating with fellow dnb heads. I got so much from everyone here, I could never repay it back and I'll never forget how much I enjoyed my time here with everyone.

Massive thanks and respect first and foremost to Chron, but also to all the producers, reviewers, posters, collaborators - and especially to BattleDrone, not just for all his immense efforts on this website but also for being a first-class bloke to me and so many others as well.

__
MySpace | Soundcloud | Drumnbass.be | Facebook
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." Carl Sagan
07-04-2013 02:26 Homepage of Tomos
sevin
Producer

Registration Date: 09-01-2011

i just want to put my 2 cents in and say thanks to the community that is dnb.be, and for helping me grow as a producer. i still remember posting my first tunes on here and the (sometimes) brutal yet constructive critisicm i recieved, nit really helped me learn to a point where i felt competent in my workspace. will never forget it Smile

__
mummy!! i made a song!! if i press this note.... and this one.... and this one....... and add these drums (click)and this funny bass sound (click)....

07-10-2013 18:11
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by sevin
i just want to put my 2 cents in and say thanks to the community that is dnb.be, and for helping me grow as a producer. i still remember posting my first tunes on here and the (sometimes) brutal yet constructive critisicm i recieved, nit really helped me learn to a point where i felt competent in my workspace. will never forget it Smile

It must have helped you a lot mate because you are now pretty much on top of the scene :-)

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
15-10-2013 00:09 Homepage of BattleDrone
Hypoxic Hypoxic is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1578.jpg

Registration Date: 10-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Just logged in for the first time in ages, so glad to hear this site is still kicking. I have some great memories of this place. Thanks heaps for keeping it going Chronic.

https://soundcloud.com/hypoxic-1

__
There is no now like now!

www.myspace.com/hypoxicmusic
06-12-2013 11:14 Homepage of Hypoxic
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » This is NOT the end. Dnbbe will NOT be taken offline soon.