drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » krimmie2 - Etherwood - Spoken (n-gin Remix-
Go to the bottom of this page krimmie2 - Etherwood - Spoken (n-gin Remix-
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Please check out my new track 'Etherwood - Spoken (n-gin Remix-' and post your comments here!

Hi guys,

I just finished another track. for those of you that don't know the original, here it is: http://soundcloud.com/etherwood/spoken-1

Feedback plz Big Grin

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
25-03-2012 18:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

It's nto bad, but the drops are quite soft.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-03-2012 13:37 Homepage of BattleDrone
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Great vocals in there, love the concept behind this track. the kick is a bit too heavy on the build up and stands out way too much compared to the rest of the track. build up lacks a bit of tension the drop lacks some punch. maybe try a moment of silence with just the vocals before dropping it. the bass at 2:12 is sick, but the track as a whole sounds to me like its lacking sub. try that droney sub an octave lower maybe and then EQ the kick above it instead of below it to stop it from messing with the sub. also the synth you layered on the bass (or the high end of the filter sweep) sounds a bit dry to me but thats just my opinion. id try putting a high passed reverb or delay on it, high passed to stop it messing with the sub elements and maybe widened a bit more in the mix.

If anything im nit picking because apart from the intro, it sounds very dry to me and could use some extra elements to it.

Great use of effects throughout, good variation and great structure. Keep at it, its a great track

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK
28-03-2012 16:56 Homepage of Subkinetik
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Thanks Subkinetik, really helpfull !
As for the sub, my main bass synth has a very low frequency so I didn't quite put a sub seperately because I thought I would be to crowdy and mess things up.
Plus I don't have a great audio set up (my headphone's bass is raised)
Maybe with some proper EQ'ing I could do it.
The rest of your suggestions are totally right, I'll get to work!
Thanks man

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
28-03-2012 17:52
xGranty xGranty is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 20-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

The intro was very nice! Very euphoric vibes make you wana smile! Reminds me slightly of Betrayed (Intraspekt Remix) by Technikore & Minty. The vocal sample is a good addition to the build up however with such a nice intro I woulda thought a more bang in your face drop would make this tune better. This may not be the sound youre going for though, however overall really nice track! look forward to hearing more.
31-03-2012 13:08
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

intro sounds professional straight away

reminds me of some S.P.Y. / Logistics

great vocal in the intro, bass is sounding warm and inviting

maybe have the kicks filter in during the drops. the volume of the kicks make the actual drop seem weak.

the track sounds really good. only thing is i think the bass drowns the kick a bit (apart from during the kick drum rolls) the kick needs to be about 80% as powerful as in the rolls for the whole track. . side chain or EQ that bad boy!

apart from the kick drum thing. sounds great

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

13-04-2012 13:54 Homepage of timmehhurts
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » krimmie2 - Etherwood - Spoken (n-gin Remix-