drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » How to pitch down without slowing down?
Go to the bottom of this page How to pitch down without slowing down?
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 04-01-2012

Hi!

I'm making a dark dnb song. Anything goes well, but I have a problem with one of my sounds. I have to pitch it down because it doesn't fits the rest, but it's also slowing down when I'm doing this. How can I make it sound lower without it slows down? Already searched on the net, but there are only some tutorials about the opposite.

grtz & beatz! Big Grin

__
"The things you own end up owning you"
26-02-2012 16:30
Shaita Shaita is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 04-01-2012

btw, i'm using fruity loops

__
"The things you own end up owning you"
26-02-2012 17:27
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

(Click image below to see in detail)

Go to the TIMESTRETCH part of the sampler...

In the sampler there's a button on the first tab, there's the PITCH which enables you to pitch up/down for 1 octave by means of timestretching and leaving you the ability to play different notes with the sample.

If you want more extreme stretching or pitching, use the TIME button and experiment with the items in the dropdown list next to it. This disables the possibility to play different notes though. But for a vocal this shouldn't be a problem.
This function allows you to timestretch a sound or to change the pitch without changing the length (as the one above, but way more extreme).

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-02-2012 14:16 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » How to pitch down without slowing down?