drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » production/recording software
Go to the bottom of this page production/recording software
Author
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

Im looking for some software that i can record my mixes, and ID the track for demo and promo purposes...and i really dont know much abotu any of the softwares...i need something thats not too expensive and doesnt take a freaking genius to use any suggestions?!?!?!?!

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

27-08-2004 03:58
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i use advanced mp3/wma recorder. just choose the name of the outputfile, encoding type (thus mp3, wma or wav), recording volume and press the big red button Big Grin

real easy, very stable proggy. Know lots of people how try using sundforge etc, but those things are not made to record mixes of an hour, so usually crash.

this however gives you the entire mix as one track. if you wanna name each individual track in the mix, you can split it later of some sort. haven't tried that yet, seems to much work too Smile
27-08-2004 09:12 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Qbit Qbit is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-159.gif

Registration Date: 14-11-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by wicked_wayz
real easy, very stable proggy. Know lots of people how try using sundforge etc, but those things are not made to record mixes of an hour, so usually crash.

never encountered that before Confused
soundforge is very stable imo, plus you can tune the sound of the mix a bit. cool edit would do fine too

__

Drop On Request
27-08-2004 11:12 Homepage of Qbit
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

You can record your whole mix in Soundforge, Wavelab,...in one go, shouldn't be a hassle, this sftware is MADE to do these things. If it fails, you might check your virtual memory, RAM,...
Add markers in the mix at the track-borders, cut them at the markers and export each wavefile to your burning-software.
Vwalla, you can harass your friends and neighbours with your mixcd's.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Soi: 27-08-2004 12:09.

27-08-2004 12:07 Homepage of Soi
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I once recorded a 5h set in Cool Edit Pro (now Audition)... didn't have a prob with it. And even if it crashes, you can pick up the work where you left it next time since it has crashdetection build in Big Grin

As for MP3 stuff: encode using LAME (read this). MP3 tags I do in Winamp...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-08-2004 12:08 Homepage of Surya
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

must be my pc again Confused .
anyway, i use soundforge for every audio application (cut samples, breaks, edit effect etc.) without a problem, expect for recording a mix. the filesize (or whatever) in the lower right corner starts to increase (when i record), than the number of MB disappears (some chinese like markings appear instead) and than ppuufff (gone). You can restore it sometimes when re-opening, but that's it.

but the main advantage of the advanced recorder is that you can record directly as mp3, no huge files etc. but if you want to use the program for more than recording, soundforge is a treat indeed Bigup
27-08-2004 13:57 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

images/avatars/avatar-291.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

If you make one large mp3-file and you still want to be able to embed the different track-listings you should check the "cue" plugin (downloadable for winamp). That way you make one big mp3-file (so no gaps between tracks) and the cue-file contains all track names + timestamps.
28-08-2004 01:06
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

where can i get sound forge and waht not?

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

28-08-2004 08:11
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » production/recording software