Go to the bottom of this page m-audio audiophile problem
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

jups,

don't know much about computers, which could explain the following problem.

I have an m-audio audiophile 2496 soundcard. Had it installed when I bought my PC (around christmas). well, everybody always talking about 'update your drivers' etc etc. so i thought, be a good boy, and download the new drivers (i use win XP pro btw). So wanted to upgrade... they didn't want to, and in fact deleted the older version. So voila, no more sound Mad

So i tried to install the original drivers, which came with the box of the card. Yes i read the manual, but it didn't say how to install for win xp (they stop around win 2000). anyway, on the cd, different folders for the different win types, also folder for win xp (all folders looked similar). Tried to install the one from the win xp folder: error, can not open blabla.exe... me going mad, tried to reboot.

After reboot...found new hardware...insert cd... Thougth i was gonna be lucky, and win would find the right drivers. He did find a driver (he chose it automatically, don't know which one...), BUT; he said; not compatible with windows xp, install anyway? I choose install anyway.

Now; i got my sound back, midi etc work properly...but; in the m-audio control panel, changing e.g. the master volume does not have any effect. The meters are moving, but sliding the fader does nothing Confused

So i just wanna control the output volume, but doesn't seem to be working. Anyone knows about this? similar problems? the error message said; not compatible, may cause system to run unstable etc etc.

thanks in advance Bigup
26-08-2004 16:01 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Maybe you don't have to reinstall the drivers only, but also your tools for the soundcard... Dunno, just an idear

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-08-2004 16:04 Homepage of Surya
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

mmhh, tools hah. could give it a try. didn't install them cause they looked kinda stupid and unusefull Big Grin but it's the m-audio 'tray' or whatever that's not working (i think), and that is installed Confused
26-08-2004 16:28 Homepage of wicked_wayz
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Try reading a bit on their site. I found a few pieces of information that could be helpful.

First of all:
quote:
In order to avoid unnecessary technical problems, please read the README file that is included with the driver download before installation.

Check the driver installation guide

Try uninstalling the current driver before installing the new one:
quote:
Uninstallation, Windows 2000/XP

Q: How do I uninstall the Delta WDM driver (5.x) in Windows 2000/XP?

A: Download, extract and run un-installation program Delta Uninstaller which can be found on the download page.

read this if you have a motherboard with a VIA chipset.

There seem to be two versions of the driver for XP. The large one seems to include the control panel etc, and the small file is more recent.

If I were you I would try ditching all control panels, and just going for the small but recent driver.
If you want the control panels, first uninstall everything, then install the big driver and then install the small one on top of it.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-08-2004 16:29 Homepage of thechronic
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

aha, thanks Bigup

found this one their site:

(*) The message The Software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing... is nothing you need to be worried about. We wrote the drivers specifically for Windows XP and they will work just fine with your system. The message basically just means that Microsoft (Windows) did not yet test the drivers by themselves.

so they should be installed correctly. bloody windows making me think something is wrong Mad

think i'm doing something wrong with the mixer/monitor panel Confused , gonna read the manual for that part again Big Grin

thanks for the help, never seem to find the stuff i'm looking for on a site, but this led me to knowledge base (kinda stupid name for a prolem solver) Bigup
26-08-2004 17:16 Homepage of wicked_wayz
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » m-audio audiophile problem