drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Mixes » ELECTRIC FABRIC Podcast #017 mixed by Yoko
Go to the bottom of this page ELECTRIC FABRIC Podcast #017 mixed by Yoko
Author

Registration Date: 04-01-2012

Hi guys,
it's my first post here so hope it's ok to post a mix for review straight away Wink

I'm running a small local community about electronic music here in Hamburg (Germany) - my hometown - together with some friends. We're doing lots of different styles and I'm responsible for the Dubstep/Drum&Bass corner under the alias of "Yoko", loving D&B much more than Dubstep by the way Smile

This is my recent podcast mix, split into 50% new stuff and 50% a little bit older tracks which I still like - any comments and feeback about the mixing style and tech would be much appreciated! I've been DJing for more than 10 years but still fairly new to D&B so there may be areas where I can improve my flow of mixing this style.

Direct download here (right-click & save-as):
ELECTRIC FABRIC Podcast 017

Tracklist:
01. Camo & Krooked - Run Riot
02. Smooth - Brighter Days
03. Skream feat. Sam Frank - Anticipate (Netsky Remix)
04. Blokhe4d - Blok-O-Theque
05. Sigma feat. Ikay, Foxrox & Geetox - Night And Day (Full Vocal Mix)
06. Metrik - T-2000
07. Art vs. Science - Magic Fountain (Royalston Remix)
08. Smooth - Cyber Funk
09. Metronomy - The Look (Camo & Krooked Remix)
10. High Contrast feat. Tiesto & Underworld - The First Note Is Silent
11. Camo & Krooked feat. Ayah Marar - Cross The Line (Metrik Remix)
12. Die & Interface feat. William Cartwright - Bright Lights (Netsky Remix)
13. Brookes Brothers feat. Danny Byrd - Paperchase
14. Delta Heavy - Overkill
15. Sigma - Loving Me (Filthy Edit)
16. Furlonge - High Commission
17. Fourward - Lucid Dream
18. Phetsta - From My Eyes
19. Contour - Shine
20. Dr. Rubberfunk & Roachford - Trouble Woman (Featurecast Remix)
21. Danny Byrd - Junction 18
22. Brookes Brothers - Tear You Down
23. London Elektricity - Far From The Shadows
24. Komatic - Night Fell
25. Kirsty Hawkshaw - Face To Face (Seba Remix)
26. Maduk - Avalon
27. Claude Von Stroke - Aundy (DJ Marky & S.P.Y. Remix)

Source page incl. Tracklist & instant player:
http://electricfabric.podspot.de/post/el...-mixed-by-yoko/

More info about me, I started DJing in 1999 and own lots of classic 90s Hardtrance/Rave/Hardcore on vinyl and also still play those often these days, but I'm always looking for newer tracks to complement this style. The fast pace of D&B reminds me a lot of those older tracks and that's what I like Smile

Currently I'm starting to produce my own tracks, first effort was a remix for a competition, I've done it in the style of those beloved 90s Hardtrance tunes and actually won a spot on the MP3-release to come! I'm also looking into producing some D&B but that doesn't come as easy...so you might be seeing me asking lots of questions in the Production Q&A part of this forum soon Wink

If you want to know more besides this D&B mix, you're more than welcome to check out http://www.facebook.com/yoko.inthemix

Cheers & thanks in advance for any feedback!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by yokoz0r: 18-01-2012 10:00.

17-01-2012 09:23
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJ Mixes » ELECTRIC FABRIC Podcast #017 mixed by Yoko