drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » REASON & ACID via REWIRE?? cant connect them...
Go to the bottom of this page REASON & ACID via REWIRE?? cant connect them...
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 24-07-2004

I've been trying to conect Acid 4.0 and reason 2.0 via rewire but when i check in the list of vst's in acid , reason does not appear Anyone knows how to do it??
25-08-2004 19:56
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

If you connect two programs in ReWire, you won't see the slave program as a VST...

You have to first start the master program (in your case Acid) and then the slave (Reason in this case) and then you should be able to ReWire them... How this acually works in your program should be in the manual (haven't done it myself yet, and I don't have Acid)

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-08-2004 20:02 Homepage of Surya
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

does acid even support rewire? as far as i know, it doesn't...

__

25-08-2004 21:39
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

According to http://www.propellerheads.se/ Acid 4.0 supports ReWire 2.0

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-08-2004 21:45 Homepage of Surya
stino stino is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-237.gif

Registration Date: 13-07-2003

noob question... what's rewire???

__
www.myspace.com/stinomg
www.myspace.com/circlelogicband
25-08-2004 22:27 Homepage of stino
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

rewire is a system (a scripting system as u might say, very simply) created by Propellerheads which they distribute under software developpers free of charge if they want to implement it in their software, so it's not really an application you can launch, it's just some sort of communication system that makes that propellerhead programs (such as reason, rebirth, recycle ...) can interfere with other progs (like acid, cubase sx, sonar, etc.) and be used AS a VST in other sequencing progs. but it's not actually a VST, you can use it AS a vst, but ain't, it's just another system (like there's also RTAS etc)

f.e. (gonna explain a lil bit on how it works in cubase + reason, but i guess in Acid it won't be much of a difference)
in SX you have a panel of VST's (in this case as u said u're VST list) and just the same way you have a panel for Reason instruments, which connects to the different channels on the Hardware interface (so in reason you have to connect the instruments there)
then assign the right channel to the right midi track and there u are.

i think u're job is now to find that panel, once u get there u'll be rolling again !

hope this was of any help

__
It's a spiritual thing !

25-08-2004 22:52
buddhikaperera buddhikaperera is a male

Registration Date: 11-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

hey i am using reason 3.0 sony acid pro 4.0 with rewire.First you laod the sony acid pro then you load the reason 3.0 .In the hadware set check out the rewire led blube if its dont display rewire slave go to the software synth in the acid pro insert option and use it.contact me buddhikaperera@hotmail.com

__
sxsaxsxsx
11-08-2006 08:45 Homepage of buddhikaperera
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » REASON & ACID via REWIRE?? cant connect them...