drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » jassummisko - Apocalypse Wip
Go to the bottom of this page jassummisko - Apocalypse Wip
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 02-01-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Apocalypse Wip' and post your comments here!

Alright, here is a cool Dubstep track I've been working on! Any feedback is appreciated Smile
25-12-2011 18:45
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The percussion in the intro isn't in sync with the rhythm. Intro is a bit boring.
Crazy basstwisting going on!
Finish it!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
01-01-2012 22:39 Homepage of BattleDrone
Joe-M@ngi

Registration Date: 06-12-2011

Hi, There

My First Review. So Here i go.

As A start listening to the track.
It has a nice floating thowards the first drop i can real sink away in this tune,
It hase some catchy soft synth sound on it with a 2 osc. spread i think?
I find the drums very nice ballanced nice reverbed snares, maybe the big exploiding bass on 0.50 sec.. is bit to much reverbed i think? (can be rong) the drop on 1.20 Ooo!! me really like nice bassdrops.
Some of that really growly bass effect's on it (Howe do you make it i'm currious wich DAW and synth)
It hass a real good shuffle going on there make me wanna move here behind my cpu.
Can learn allot from this.
Really nice floating Dub-Track.
Ceep it up

Grtz
Joe-M@ngi
06-01-2012 16:48
jassummisko
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Hmm, the synth in the beginning is made with 3 oscillators, but then I layered a reverbed square wave on top of that at 0:53.
And for le daws and synths, I'm using FL Studio and for that bass in particular I used Massive, actually, most of my basses are made in massive Big Grin

But ye, thx for the review Smile
16-01-2012 00:54
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

The melody in the intro is not inspiring or dark like the rest of the tune. Hats are off beat in a bad way, maybe fix that pattern. Drumz have too much of the wrong reverb, the drop hit sound is very muffled with no clear frequency filter separation on the sound feq ranges. Try no to use reverb on samples/sounds that have a range of less than 200hz, if you do then make two separate the samples and the high layer of that sample gets the reverb. Like the drop and the sounds and patterns a lot after the drop, just need to clean this up! Try not to over-do the reverb on a mixdown. You have great ideas, just need spend time processing them. Cheers.

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
16-01-2012 11:34 Homepage of Dub Bananez
earthking

Registration Date: 25-01-2012

the dubstep wobble beat on the end is very good is just perfect. But the Intro has in my opinion a bit of a cheap sound. If you can make the intro even so good than it is a top track.
25-01-2012 18:57
jassummisko
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Haven't been on this site for a while, I usually reply to all my reviews Smile This track is already finished and released on Messany Recordings. But anyways:

First of all, I DID NOT change the intro a lot and I did not even try, simple reason: I wanted the intro to be pretty different from the whole track! I agree about the reverb on the drums, and I did tweak it in the finished track a little bit, especially the one on the kick. The hats, at least the ones I think you are talking about, are not hats, they are ghost snares Tongue , and they do not sound off beat to me, a lot of people think that, probably because they are used to straight Dubstep beats, which I never do!
21-02-2012 02:24
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » jassummisko - Apocalypse Wip