drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Different MIME type during upload on Mac
Go to the bottom of this page Different MIME type during upload on Mac
Author
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

hey everybody,

my basic problem 's that i have problems with converting audio,aiff,or wav into mp3. I work on mac g3 running OS9.2 using Logic, Peak, soundapp & itunes.
now the only software to convert to mp3 is itunes. however each time I try to upload a song it always failes because of an audio/mpg mime. obviously the itunes converter isnt verry clean.
does anybody know a freeware convertor for mac os9.2 wich converts without mistakes or mime's?
otherwise I will have to keep going to my partner in bass 'SOI' to convert my aiff's into mp3.

tnx a lot.

muphasta

(also dubwise)

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
25-08-2004 12:17
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

The MIME type is set by the browser, not by the MP3 encoder. The MIME type for MP3 files differs between browsers, but generally it is either 'audio/mpeg', 'audio/mp3' or 'audio/x-mpeg'.

With some browsers you can set the mime types for different file types manually.

But don't bother, I'll add the 'audio/mpg' MIME type to the MP3 checking routine, so your uploads will pass this check Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-08-2004 13:14 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Done Big Grin

Your uploads should work fine now. Do you use a standard browser config? I'm very keen in getting this to work for all Mac users, since IMO Macs are the shit for making music and I assume several serious dnb producers have bought one.

BTW moved this thread to the appropriate forum. your question had nothing to do with producing Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-08-2004 13:20 Homepage of thechronic
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

yes indeed the problem is solved Bigup .
the question about my browser is one I cannt answer, because i know 'the balls' of browsers, operating systems, mpeg's ,... ,... . (pffff) Confused
I do know that this is a 'iMac DV SE G3/500 128MB/30GB/DVD/128 Pro/56k Graphite'. (copied it) I never changed anything so I guess all is standard.
hope you became a little bit wiser.

hear ya!!

muphasta

(also dubwise)

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
25-08-2004 15:59
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Different MIME type during upload on Mac