drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » ORGANIC Bass sound like this
Go to the bottom of this page ORGANIC Bass sound like this
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 14-10-2011

Hey guys

i'm messing arround for a while now
but i cant achive this kind of "organic" reeze sound

anyone an Idea ?

Thank you very much !!!
08-12-2011 22:47
xGranty xGranty is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 20-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

try that, I found it helpful. Its mostly messing around with sound creation and layering!
07-01-2012 04:29
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The main bass is pretty simple, you need to make a noisy dirty saw bass (you can hear it at the end of the various notes) and then put a cut-off envelope on the sample so that it the sound starts off pretty dark and opens up as it progresses.
Requires a lot of trial and error and devoted studio time to get this right.

The other basses have probably been made on their own: you just work a whole night to get a 1 bar dark wobble madness going and then you save it as a sample. Make various crazy variations and when done; load them all as samples in your main project. Fire them at the end of the bar or somewhere in between to add variation to the main theme.

Why am I mentioning that they have probably been made in separate project? Because if you try to create like 10 different bass sounds in real time in 1 project your CPU will go nuts and you'll get lost in tons of automation firing at the same time. So to save on CPU and complexity you should create a library of wicked bass twists for use in your projects.

As you can hear from all Maztek tunes: there's more to it than just a sick bass. Good drums with variation. Some sweeps and FX a good melodic element and a spot on structure to keep it all interesting.

Have fun @ the lab!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
07-01-2012 13:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by xGranty

try that, I found it helpful. Its mostly messing around with sound creation and layering!

Fuck that shit is good!
Nice find! Bigup

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
07-01-2012 13:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
behemoth86
Tourist

Registration Date: 14-10-2011

Thanx for your answers !

i think i get the clue more an more in creating those fat Bass sounds
Just trying to create as much different sounds i can to get a feeling for this.

One more question to you guys how do you think the sound from 1.24 to 128 was created i was thinking of a few square Osc's to get a root sound.

Thanks in advance i'm posting my results when i figured all out and think they are presentable

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by behemoth86: 19-01-2012 00:32.

19-01-2012 00:30
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » ORGANIC Bass sound like this