drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » recon47 - Smoking Kills
Go to the bottom of this page recon47 - Smoking Kills
Author
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Smoking Kills' and post your comments here!

EZ peeps, got fed up with this one, so theres nothing genius in this im affraid, pulling my hair out and didnt know where to take it musically.

Really hope you like, as always feedback on structure, EQ, mixing and master good or bad is well received.

Cheers.
05-11-2011 16:20
xGranty xGranty is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 20-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Really Liked this! Was hoping for some shuffle to be added and then it came in and this picked up the vibe a hell of alot. The Intro was big aswell, you should put more emphasis on the build up to this intro because it really does hit hard! I think the drum processing was nicely done the snare stood out for me if i'd have changed anything it would be the volume or maybe the sample choice of the Ride but that is just my personal opinion on this and finally try adding some different Fills and shuffles to mix the beat up abit, Overall I like this track and could see it being dropped by DJs and moving some feet!
05-11-2011 23:31
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Some saw lead with some trace-style melody would fit nicely on top of this.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
06-11-2011 15:24 Homepage of BattleDrone
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Some saw lead with some trace-style melody would fit nicely on top of this.

Totally agree mate, i was playing around with a sidechained pulsing saw melody, but couldnt get anything down......not anything that was half decent anyway.

Probably did upload a little early and there could be more to it, oh well.

cheers mate.
06-11-2011 16:13
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

intro sounds interesting, liking those athmos. percussions just before the drop work well imo. cool bass sounds, nice fx-stuff, i like the vibes goin on. maybe would like to hear some more variation on the bass-lead (or bring those athmos from the intro back in?)

all in all i like this one much more than the version you uploaded as a preview. cool tune.

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
09-11-2011 17:14
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the bassline in teh drop reminds me of sega gensis synth sounds, for like road rash (great music) for a track like this not aggressive enough, with the drums and lead so simple, one or the other should add the spice, but both are bland, just look over the song and see where you can fuck with either of them, at 2:20 you hold that tension nicely, it's a really great track, just make the song more ADHD compatible.
What can I say, the world of production comes down to all the ad lib stuff, all the tiny change ups.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-11-2011 19:05 Homepage of Halph-Price
Lejitt Lejitt is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 17-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hey, I normaly just listen to all the new tracks when i come on this site without even thinking about leaving comments, but this track is F**KING AWESOME!!! simple but to the point, lovely crisp drums, the pads take me to another place, bass is simple but spot on. overall great sound. Would sound great in a set.
I cant stop listening to this track, this is the 15th time ive listened 2 it I think!
A Tune 2 b proud of.
I need this track!!!!!!!!
18-11-2011 11:05
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Epic intro. I think your loop could do with a ghost snare. All the synths and pads are fantastic, could do with a little variation in either the bass synth or it's rhythm. The mixdown sounds a little too maximised but it still works because its supposed to be a loud anthem. Nice work pal
20-11-2011 17:21
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » recon47 - Smoking Kills