drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » I Am Nowhere - Degenerative
Go to the bottom of this page I Am Nowhere - Degenerative
Author
I AM NOWHERE

Registration Date: 02-08-2011

Please check out my new track 'Degenerative' and post your comments here!

Tried to go dramatic for my new EP
Mastering is terrible would love some tips on that, cheers!
03-11-2011 23:44 Homepage of I Am Nowhere
SoundlessSonata SoundlessSonata is a male

images/avatars/avatar-3485.jpg

Registration Date: 19-10-2011

Unique for a dubstep/dnb type of track. Very different than what I usually hear. What program are you using? It sounds like Fl but I could be wrong.

I like dnb part at the end the most, around 4:20 where it builds up.

At around 20-30, One of keys sound a bit off key to me.

I feel this could be a shorter in length.

The lead saw at 3:00 stands out a little to me.

Bass could be a little louder.

What ever that sound is at 1;55, 2:22 3:10, I love that. I don't know what that is but I love it. Smile

Sadly, I don't have any helpful tips for you about mastering.

Overall. 3.75/5
04-11-2011 01:20
xGranty xGranty is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 20-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

First of all I really liked the break down at 2:40 ish had some nice emotion going on there (no Homo)Because Im not an amazing producer I wont try to tell you what you should or shouldnt have done as far as mastering but some advice I could give would be prior to exporting to the mixdown stage have the master out volume at -6db (nothing should be anywhere near clipping at this stage) with as little compression as you can put on the individual tracks, have no compression or anything for that matter on the master out and in mixdown decide what needs to be louder, have more reverb and or further EQ. Aswell to add space I think the snare/clap could do with a longer reverb tail. I can hear alot of experimentation and time has gone into the basslines ect to make them interesting, try putting some different hits of percusion in there and mix it up abit. Finally I loved the switch up at the end, the build up was impressive. As I say I am not a Pro at all just sharing what I've learnt.
05-11-2011 23:45
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

kick doesnt work so good to me, i miss punch behind that one. melody is like totally out of key, at least for my ears?

not a bit dubstep-fan, so its hard to give any tips for me. i guess id put some more effort into the drums, add some more snap to the snare. would like to hear the tune with key-adjusted melodies, which is really necessary imo.

cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
09-11-2011 17:26
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » I Am Nowhere - Degenerative