drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » MuzzyDNB - Make Me Worse (ft. Kings Of The City)
Go to the bottom of this page MuzzyDNB - Make Me Worse (ft. Kings Of The City)
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Please check out my new track 'Make Me Worse (ft. Kings Of The City)' and post your comments here!

I worked with Kings Of The City to create this drum and bass track. I need some tips on mastering for this because my ears are now bleeding for playing it over and over again, so is there anything mastering tips you guys can give me?

Cheers and Much love, Muzzy.

__

20-10-2011 17:20
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hey man,
Really not an expert on mastering so this is just my opinion mate, like the arrange and choices you have made in the mix ie spacially and room wise to me sound very good.
The vocal sounds too eq'd out both in the top and bottom end so you have yourself a bandpass thing going on which may work in the main section of the track but not in the intro, vocal is spread nice too.
Drop is good but lacks a touch in the lows to me, i would try and boost it a smidge.
I think you have done a great job with the guitars mate, there a hard thing to sit well in a mix because of the harmonics and shit but sound really good and clean.
I could go on and on about things i would try differently but i think you have a really good track and mixdown as always is not dissapointing.

Feeling this one!
20-10-2011 20:24
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The hi-end contains some clashing frequencies, especially when the hihats of the break are going full, pull some ho-end stuff down.
Sub could be bigger.
The stereo seems to be canceling some mids too.
Vocal needs a tad more strength.

What is on your master bus now?
I'd put Ozone 4 on there and go for "midrange detail" and tune it to taste.
Tune sounds big.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
21-10-2011 09:10 Homepage of BattleDrone
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

What up man? Guitar and vocals sound nice, they fit well. Definitely a bit much goin on with the high end, some sounds could be re-worked eq wise. Good track though!
26-10-2011 08:15
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » MuzzyDNB - Make Me Worse (ft. Kings Of The City)