drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » simage - Colours Of The Void
Go to the bottom of this page simage - Colours Of The Void
Author
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Colours Of The Void' and post your comments here!

I tried to go a bit "Deeper"
Inspired by Rido and Alix Perez.

It's nearly finished. Let me know what you think and what has to change.
Looking forward to reading your reviews,
simon

__

12-10-2011 20:34
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Love the intro. Is missing something though - maybe a vocal (subtle) or some kind of natural sound (wind, waves, birds) or maybe some kind of voiceover or something. I like your mid-bass which you bring in when the drop comes - without that though, the tune sounds a bit empty.

The snare is a bit thin and lacking in attack - sounds a bit too clappy. Try an old jungle snare, that might sound better. Also more bass in your kick - it sounds cut off at about 80hz. If it clashes with the sub then sidechain, but ONLY if it clashes with the sub.

Really like the vibe of this one - for some reason it reminded me of the opening credits of 'Ravenous' (the movie where Robert Carlyle and Guy Pearce are cannibals)... weird.

Also, hi-hats louder. If you don't want the hiss from the hats then take a bit of hi-end off them.

Peace.
12-10-2011 22:39
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Right off the bat soundin nice, piano sounds slightly off key on some of the higher notes. Drop is nice, track is really quiet overall like the ghost snares I can barely hear, think the track would benefit from some extra percussion, shakers high hats, tambos something to change up the flow a little. Like the bass used but could be cranked up some. Master is nice but could be pumped up a little. Alix perez is a personal favorite of mine, if you listen to his tracks you'll here how his percusion is very clear, crisp, and punchy, this is what this track needs, work on that and some eq stuff and you'll have a pretty sick track.
13-10-2011 07:40
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

wow!

__
buy the ticket take the ride
13-10-2011 18:20
tokyotoxvo tokyotoxvo is a female
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3289.jpg

Registration Date: 27-03-2011

Overall the song fell a little flat on me, it seems as though it was to evoke emotion but I couldn't get past the "cheap electro drums" sound. The structure was not bad although it could use a better version. The kicks did not punch hard enough and had too high-end and mids. The snare gave me flat feeling. The bass line did not punch very hard. All in all, the song could use less generic instruments and maybe able to be re-done in a different manner. Its not a bad effort, it just fell flat to me.

__
http://soundcloud.com/babydre92 | http://tokyotoxvo.bandcamp.com | ASUS G73jh | M-Audio KeyRig 49 | FL Studio 9.9 | Reason 4 | Adobe CS5
18-10-2011 11:28 Homepage of tokyotoxvo
demon

Registration Date: 20-10-2011

Mate)¬- you need to start "digging deep hole1s" for a live-ing.....that`s a clue, ?
20-10-2011 23:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » simage - Colours Of The Void