drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DJ Pace - Freefall
Go to the bottom of this page DJ Pace - Freefall
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Please check out my new track 'Freefall' and post your comments here!

Hey guys - it's been a while. Got really sick of this track as I was working on it for 3 weeks straight, but hopefully you'll get a good idea of what you like and what you would change in the track.

Peace.
11-10-2011 17:11
AuroraFlux AuroraFlux is a male
AuroraFlux

Registration Date: 13-09-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

wow this is nice your melodies are crazy strong Happy but this seems to be lacking in the drum area it has alot of hats but they seem to low and your snare to loud and your kick not "long" enough kinda got the feel like you should've used a differnt one and your sub bass was massive in the beginning but its seems to be drowned down a bit maybe change the octave or volume for certain parts of the song...but nevertheless i would buy this any day!!! thanx for the tune man!
11-10-2011 19:30 Homepage of AuroraFlux
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Hey man,
Love the intro and melodies to this one.
Super nice bass on this but i think drown your kik a little when it drops.
Variation is good and mix is good, you gotta hit me up and tell me how you made that bassline man.

Good stuff, different but reminds me of someone cant think who tho!

Cheers
11-10-2011 20:22
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

What up man? Alright, intro has some lovely sounds but is lacking that big sound this track needs, play with some reverb and stereo spread to make it bigger. Build and drop are pretty nice, think the kik could be meatier though, hats could be a little louder as well. Some great sounds here though, synth that kiks in at 3:23 is sick, more of this please. Main bassline gets a little old, the pitch down thing would sound better in a break and have something else for the main bass. This track has some great elements but could use some work, I know what you mean about getting tired of a track, 3 weeks in is where I end up ditching a lot of them, take a break, start a new one and then come back to this one cause with the right work this could be a really great track, peace.....
12-10-2011 07:25
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

@ AuroraFlux - Know what you mean about the kick drum, thanks for review.

@ Recon47 - Thanks for review bruv, mid-bass was made in Massive - kept tweaking an old preset that had some flange and some modulation drawn into the modulation editor (can't remember whether it was bandpass or cut-off, or both). Think I started with the usual saw wave and then used a triangle with a square also. Just kept playing with the pitchbend until I had something I liked.

@Rythor1 - Thanks for review man. Yeah, that's exactly what I've done - am working on a new track and gonna come back to this one in about 2 weeks time. Thanks for constructive suggestions.

Thanks again guys,

Spectral Pace
12-10-2011 08:40
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

i know a dj pace track when i hear one. nice one matey !

__
buy the ticket take the ride
13-10-2011 18:18
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DJ Pace - Freefall