drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » What software to use.
Go to the bottom of this page What software to use.
Author

Registration Date: 01-10-2011

Already i tried lots of software:
- Cubase 5
- Fruity loops
- Reason
- Pro tools

But they are all to much for me. I'm new to creating DnB, and would like some advice on what software I should use.
For now, i'm just using samples, so no samples created by myself.
I want the possibility to import .wav files, and use them to create a track.

Thanks in advance for any given info Smile

Gr Addict
01-10-2011 17:20
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ok man here's the deal, no respectable DAW is going to be easy to use, you have to understand that in order for one to meet the needs of a music producer it requires a lot of features and this makes it complicated to learn. When I first started I was overwhelmed and wanted to throw in the towel countless times, but I made a decision that making drum and bass was something I would never give up on and forged ahead. Youtube was a big help for me in the early days, and I mean stuff as simple as how to record an audio track in cubase, there are many tutorials on the simplest of things there to help get you started, all DAW's are going to be complicated but you gotta pick one and commit to learning it, if you keep bouncing back and forth you'll just make things harder on yourself. It won't be easy and it will be frustrating and it will take time, but try this, commit to learning one simple thing every day and just one, and after you learn that thing play around with it and experiment, then move on to something else the next day. It will be slow moving but after a couple months you will start building up a workable skillset, you will listen to a song you like and go "I know how to make that sound" and then go put it to work in a track of your own. Start simple, never give up and be patient, hope this helps man, good luck, peace....
I welcome questions via pm if you ever get stuck.
02-10-2011 07:21
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Rythor1
Ok man here's the deal, no respectable DAW is going to be easy to use, you have to understand that in order for one to meet the needs of a music producer it requires a lot of features and this makes it complicated to learn. When I first started I was overwhelmed and wanted to throw in the towel countless times, but I made a decision that making drum and bass was something I would never give up on and forged ahead. Youtube was a big help for me in the early days, and I mean stuff as simple as how to record an audio track in cubase, there are many tutorials on the simplest of things there to help get you started, all DAW's are going to be complicated but you gotta pick one and commit to learning it, if you keep bouncing back and forth you'll just make things harder on yourself. It won't be easy and it will be frustrating and it will take time, but try this, commit to learning one simple thing every day and just one, and after you learn that thing play around with it and experiment, then move on to something else the next day. It will be slow moving but after a couple months you will start building up a workable skillset, you will listen to a song you like and go "I know how to make that sound" and then go put it to work in a track of your own. Start simple, never give up and be patient, hope this helps man, good luck, peace....
I welcome questions via pm if you ever get stuck.

Very well put, thats it to a fucking tee, Youtube, and keep going.

One thing i will say is, after only a couple years producing, i have an understanding of how things work in various DAW's, this is down to learning one completely and playing with others.

Main DAW is Cubase and i have FL Studio 10 which i use for various features, Ableton and Reaper 4, each brings something slightly different to the table but really learn just one.
05-10-2011 22:11
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » What software to use.