drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » AuroraFlux - Star Tears
Go to the bottom of this page AuroraFlux - Star Tears
Author
AuroraFlux

Registration Date: 13-09-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Star Tears' and post your comments here!

this track took a ridiculously long time to make there were so many errors within the mastering and melodies =P but after my last to tracks "flopped" and i was convinced no one on this site was takin' me serious i had to bring my A game lol. this track to about 25hours it includes some sick melodies and patterns including the ever infamous amen pattern which ive been practicing with forever but have finally mastered xD thanks for any feedback and ALL reviews will be replied to and welllll appreciated!!
27-09-2011 10:49 Homepage of AuroraFlux
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

EZ Mate, The Piano melody sounds slack(Un quantised)
and could do with tightening,also the key velocities are a bit all over the shop.
The sounds in this im sorry to say dont go man they sound like they all belong to different tunes, its all a bit of a mash up.

You done well with the amen tho

I really feel you have over tried with this and tried to cram as much into 5 mins as possible

Keep at it man, remember, less is more!
27-09-2011 19:11
AuroraFlux AuroraFlux is a male
AuroraFlux

Helpfulness rating: 

hmmm i was thinkn the same but the piano was kinda jacked up overall i thought about replacin it =s but eh another day! and you dont think the sounds go together =o hmmm i'll have to re-listen! thanks for the review any feedback helps me alot!
27-09-2011 20:03 Homepage of AuroraFlux
OmenOfAmen

Registration Date: 28-09-2011

wow im new here and have listened to a few but this is just sick as fuck bro ;D i really like the beginning rythm its on point with all the other layers!!! and that amen omg you just learned that your up there with the pros if you made that by "hand" with your step sequencer, only problem i would say is that toward the end there a "riff" that has unquantized notes in it but nvrmnd that its a simple fix! LOVE THE TRACK keep it up your on your way to the top!!!! xDDD
28-09-2011 20:50
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

What's up man, ok first the good, your mix and master sound pretty good, drums have a good clean sound. The rest of the track needs work though, way too many flat and sharp notes being used and it gives the track an off sound that doesn't really come together. Choose a note that starts off your bass or pad or whatever, and let everything else share that starting note, stay away from the black keys, these are more usefull when constructing chords not melodies, they can be used for this but sparingly. Also the panning you have goin on the cymbols is a bit extreme, save this technique for stuff other than percussion, you want your drums to sound glued together. Keep at it though, and don't feel rushed, 25 hours on a track may be a lot for some but it's probably pretty average for most people. I can lay down a basic track in a couple sessions but will then spend many hours tweaking and trying to get it right. Also Recons advice is something I live by with DnB, less really is more, don't let yourself get carried away with one element of a track like the piano. Keep cranking man, peace...
29-09-2011 09:24
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Hey man, I'm sorry to say I don't like this one either. The sound is better but
- Your melodies make no sense, they're just some random notes one after an other
- Your melodies don't blend together, they're just not made to be played at the same time or even in the same song
- Your structure sounds pretty random: a few bars of this, a few bars of something else, mute this, mute something else. It doesn't build, it doesn't flow, it just jumps from one part to the other.

And 25 hours? I think I spend WAY more on most of my tunes, mostly spread over a couple of months.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-09-2011 07:48 Homepage of Surya
AuroraFlux

Helpfulness rating: 

people have no sense of difference you must know difference to make originality and to birth difference you must know originality this is illogical music is illogical, do not forget this its not always about whats here and normal, its sometimes about what we ourselves begin in our hearts...follow your heart dont follow the book.
30-09-2011 17:42 Homepage of AuroraFlux
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Dont be a ball bag mate! the whole speech made no sense at all man, at the end of the day, you talking about originality and shit, makes me laugh because....
1 you put these tunes up here for people to like.
2 you put these tunes up here for people to like.
Fucking HELLO MATE if you dont like honesty your in the wrong place man....by the way i can tell your only 16
30-09-2011 23:54
AuroraFlux

Helpfulness rating: 

Huh whoa whoa only reason i posted tht is because i felt like he not you (surya) didnt understand i wasnt tryin to go by some given structure, i was tryn sumethin new and i appreciate all feedback, and ive been doin this long enough to know not everyone will like your music and thats fine with me, and yes im 16 and my productions up there with the pros so age is just a number in this situation and sorry if i offendd you im no "ball bag" and thanx for you constant feedback!
03-10-2011 03:07 Homepage of AuroraFlux
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like people trying new things. But you can try new things and come up with awesome stuff, and you can come up with complete shyte. And I'm sorry, but I didn't like the way your tracks turned out.

You post them here for us to give you pointers, that's what I did. I have the right not to like your stuff, you have the right to disagree with me on that, but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

03-10-2011 08:27 Homepage of Surya
AuroraFlux

Helpfulness rating: 

yea yea its cool i respect that and your right it can sound like shyte or it can revolutionize (amen break) in this case you didnt like it thats fine i love criticism it helps me better myself and if you noticed in my most recent track i used structure because i colncluded it sounded better Big Grin
03-10-2011 20:26 Homepage of AuroraFlux
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Fair play for trying something different man, it just didn't have the impact you were hoping for, keep on pushing the boundaries for sure, but the boundary distance is very short when it comes to melodies. Interesting Vocal! Tunes a bit to random for me. But what I can say is the Mixdown is pretty clean! Nice level work for sure. I always try and e a little different, have a listen let me know what you think.

Thanks
03-10-2011 21:01
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Don't like the crazy panning of the pads in the intro. I would keep those constant instead of moving them from left to right. Sounds very dissonant in places. Also trying to make out the bass was pretty tricky for me. I also wouldn't have panning on the cymbals - it's a bit too distracting. Really boost that bass. This is not a golden rule, but as a bit of general advice, if you've got the pianos doing a crazy pattern try and have the strings/pads doing something much simpler as well as the bass. All the best.
08-10-2011 22:17
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Like some of the drum patterns. As stated before a lot of the sounds do not flow very well together. The structure needs a little work, the main issue is the melody. Listen to any good melody, it will first ask a question; then a good melody will give an answer. If I am confusing you please listen to some Beethoven or Mozart and you will understand. Take care.

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
15-10-2011 10:46 Homepage of Dub Bananez
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » AuroraFlux - Star Tears