drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » amptek - Warm Presence
Go to the bottom of this page amptek - Warm Presence
Author
Jan Amparo

images/avatars/avatar-3225.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Please check out my new track 'Warm Presence' and post your comments here!

So it's been a very long time since i've posted here on .be and I do miss it.

Here's a winter vibe I worked on last night. Still a rough draft since i feel like i've missed a few elements.

Hope you guys like it!

Jan
20-09-2011 19:01 Homepage of amptek
gnyse gnyse is a male

images/avatars/avatar-3464.jpg

Registration Date: 20-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Hello there amptek .I really enjoyed listening to this track. I liked the sub bass which was pretty much a perfect foundation to the rest of the beat.
The piano was a great pick for an instrument I never really thought of before. Its nice and simple and doesn't collide with the pad-which makes it sound clear and roomy.The instrument with the ping pong delay gives it dynamics too.
The kick is really clear! I always have trouble with trying to make a kick nice and crisp. The shakers fit good too.
There isn't much I can find to whine about for this one. It just gives me energy.
20-09-2011 22:44
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The piano sounds too "sampled" and it lacks clarity and isn't totally in key as it seems. It still is pretty repetitive.
The sweeping sound should have a tad more hi end.
Mixdown needs work to give it all the right spot and strength. But with some work this could be really good.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-09-2011 22:59 Homepage of BattleDrone
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

Helpfulness rating: 

Gynse, I appreciate the kind words! A lot of it is just by ear and leveling out each instrument/drum to fit the mix. With practice you'll get there my friend.

Battledrone, always appreciate your advice and feedback. You're right the piano does sound too sampled which i'll fix later when i get a chance. I did notice those sweeps being a bit on the low end and will fix as well.

Appreciate it !

Respect,

Jan
20-09-2011 23:43 Homepage of amptek
modufy
Producer

Registration Date: 21-09-2011

not bad, enjoyed listening to it like the sparkly pads, although the beat and melody gets a bit repetitive, theres definitely enough different parts and variation there for like a 4 min song but i think 6 mins drags it out a bit too long and with that same beat and melody the whole way through, with some whooshy sounds every now and then. Also it seems like you just systematically add another different sound every break but its only for 15 seconds or so then it drops off, maybe if you kept it in a bit longer or brought it another one when the other fades out it could add a bit more interest. Overall though enjoyed listening to it good work Big Grin
21-09-2011 18:47
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nice vibe to this mate.

Drums have got a sort of crunchiness to them.

Intro for me could do with a bit more, some more but subtle build to it.

Piano is missing some sparkle to the top end and i think with this type of lick you could bring it forward a touch.

A bit too long for me mate you could shave 2 mins off this as it gets a bit too repetitive.

Nice track tho, structure and mix are pretty good man.

Thanks for the feedback on my tune Upload mate.

Cheers

21-09-2011 19:35
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by recon47
Nice vibe to this mate.

Drums have got a sort of crunchiness to them.

Intro for me could do with a bit more, some more but subtle build to it.

Piano is missing some sparkle to the top end and i think with this type of lick you could bring it forward a touch.

A bit too long for me mate you could shave 2 mins off this as it gets a bit too repetitive.

Nice track tho, structure and mix are pretty good man.

Thanks for the feedback on my tune Upload mate.

Cheers

Thanks recon!

Yeah i've gotten a few tips and advice on the piano as well. 6 mins yes i know is too long. For some reason I was thinking like a DJ and wanted the tune to be mixable but I could save 2 mins by shortening it up a bit. I'll do that once i get a chance Big Grin
21-09-2011 19:47 Homepage of amptek
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Nice vibe, layered drums are soundin real good. Bass is really workin for me, melodies are fitting,noise at 1:39 and thruout is cool. Nice track man.
23-09-2011 02:32
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks a lot man!

Working on it still to be a bit to keep it flowing and not so repetitive Big Grin
23-09-2011 23:34 Homepage of amptek
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Quite well made, but one small detail: your chords or samples sound slightly out of tune and that annoyed the heck out of me.

I do think your melody is too short and repetitive to carry a whole track, it gets samey quite fast.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-09-2011 12:44 Homepage of Surya
Blunt:30 Blunt:30 is a male
In love with DnB since '95

images/avatars/avatar-3474.jpg

Registration Date: 22-09-2011

5 shades of badass. If you tweek it further, I would love to hear the end result. Thanks.

Personally, I like freestyle once or twice a week to DnB (alone). I jotted a lil rhyme down and it made me smile.

Cheers.

Blunt:30

__
*Built on Drum and Bass!*

I'm always looking for new mixes (daily almost). If you have tunes and want feedback or just to get it out there, hit me up. I'm in Atlanta and night life is healthy here. I do promotional marketing stateside. Cheers.
25-09-2011 06:22
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Lovely vibe on the intro, those pads are SICK! Intro Loop takes a funny turn when you introduce the second kick and snare tho? Almost doesn't flow as well. Lovely sub man, got a real old skool greg packer feel to it,bit on the loud side. nice dreamy samples. I'd play this. Sort me a copy Jan!

Nice job
03-10-2011 20:27
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Nice vibe from start. Like the percussion section. Nice mellow roller. Needs a bit more going on to really flesh it out. Good idea though. All the best.
09-10-2011 19:14
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Great mixdown!!! Could tell the mixdown was solid after 3 sec. The pad fx sample might sound better with a tad of delay. Love the drumz and all the sounds used. Very good tune! Cheers.

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
15-10-2011 10:36 Homepage of Dub Bananez
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks again everyone!

I apologize for the inactivity lately. I just haven't been able to get online from home and also haven't been feeling music production.

Hope to come back strong Smile

See you guys soon.

Respects!!
02-11-2011 19:58 Homepage of amptek
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » amptek - Warm Presence