drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Keep It Simple!
Go to the bottom of this page SKINLEY - Keep It Simple!
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Please check out my new track 'Keep It Simple!' and post your comments here!

Here's my first attempt at a roller. I wanted to keep it as raw as possible but also give it a modern twist. Omnisphere was literally instrumental in making the majority of sounds in this tune, it's just too good to ignore. You really need to hear it in clear 24bit wav to really appreciate it, I hope you enjoy it!

PEACE.BE

SKINLEY
20-09-2011 00:01
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Diggin the intro, this track feels like what I was tryin to do with my last one but I got on a crazy drum pattern that didn't really let the track flow like this one does. Drums are sittin well, might have gone a little more aggressive with some of the bass layers but they fit well with the tracks ambience. listening again and really like the hh and fill snare goin on the intro, the pitching up and down bass seems like it needs a little work, might be a tad heavy on the low end. Drums could use some different breaks to keep it interesting. Stereo is superb, mix and master are great, solid track man.
20-09-2011 05:04
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The filtered drums in the beginning gave me the impression that some instrument was damaged, when they became louder and clearer the problem was gone of course.
If this were my tune I'd go easy on the stereo mate, some of those basses are so wide that it takes out the power a bit. I'd also turn back the reverb a tad on those basses and pads. It sounds a bit weird with soaking wet pads, reverbing basses and relatively dry drums.
Tune sounds great though, maybe a bit of decoration here and there to keep things interesting for the full 6 minutes, but that's just about it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-09-2011 09:19 Homepage of BattleDrone
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

intro is nice could maybe have some more fx-stuff goin on. after drop is just awesome, amazing sounds in there, liking! id maybe keep the drums more in a minimal-style (less breaks), but thats taste. snare could use some more crack imo, ride works well. bass is amazing, great track, rspct!

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
20-09-2011 14:57
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I like this! especially that pitch bend string mate nice touch!

I think maybe some of you mids are a bit too wide and would bring them more center, they loose power when spread too far, i would try automating them center on the initial attack of the sound and then spread them out toward the end of the phrases.

Rides im loving and drums are pretty tight too but i reckon could have more punch.

Good dark roller for sure, never disapointed when i listen to one of your tunes man.

Nice job.
21-09-2011 19:53
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for your comments guys, inspiring stuff,i really do appreciate it.
21-09-2011 22:41
Blunt:30 Blunt:30 is a male
In love with DnB since '95

images/avatars/avatar-3474.jpg

Registration Date: 22-09-2011

Good. It's not 100% jump up but it made me happy. I really like the ... whatever some of those sounds are... I love DnB but I don't know what makes what sound. WOMP!

__
*Built on Drum and Bass!*

I'm always looking for new mixes (daily almost). If you have tunes and want feedback or just to get it out there, hit me up. I'm in Atlanta and night life is healthy here. I do promotional marketing stateside. Cheers.
22-09-2011 10:03
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Not quite sure what you meant but if you meant making the actual womp sound then just use a low pass filter on a square wave, that's probably the easiest way, I hope that helps?
22-09-2011 22:40
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Think I've already reviewed this - this must be the older version. This version sounds grimier IMO. Good idea.
09-10-2011 19:19
Charlieb59

Registration Date: 17-10-2011

quite a nice track has quite a dark and merky feel to it, i think the bass and synths ate quite sick, all round i think this is quite good, i think there could of been more variation within the track but that's just my opinion, i quite like the drum break as it goes nice with the bass. . any way keep up the work you have some exelent good skill. i think this would be the sort of track to blow your ears of out of a sub. keep it up i wanna hear some more bangers like this one.
07-11-2011 16:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Keep It Simple!