drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Rythor1 - Kill Hop
Go to the bottom of this page Rythor1 - Kill Hop
Author
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Kill Hop' and post your comments here!

Tried to go more towards the style of my first track, decided to forget about my last one, I just enjoy this style much more. Let me know what you think.
18-09-2011 09:49
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Dynamics are really good on this one man.
Drums have got alot of punch and are really clean.
Low end is fat and makes my head vibrate (DT770 pro's stuck on it).

Structure is good.

Mix is nice and fat. However not my prefered type of dnb but still a well made piece of shizzle fo sho!

cheers!
18-09-2011 20:13
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Tune doesn't really seem to get to the point where I'd say "here we go". The bassline constantly seems to be off key and the structure is somewhat chaotic (or should I call it "unlear"?).
Needs some love.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-09-2011 22:42 Homepage of BattleDrone
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

Helpfulness rating: 

Hey man, thanks for the review, couple questions. When you say the structure is unclear are you referring to the drum pattern that is kind of abstract? After taking a break for a couple days and listening again that makes sense to me, it never really gets flowing, think I just got too used to hearing it. I ask because if you mean structure as in the overall layout, well everything follows a strict change it up every 4 or 8 bars pattern. Also I am not really hearing the off key bass, is it possible this is due to a note in the melody that is off and thus makes the bass sound skewed a little? Maybe something my ears just got used to. I don't usually use drum patterns like this, I think maybe I just wanted something different for a change, I'm already on a new track that borrows a couple sounds from this but uses a more standard sequence, I'm actually using the same Kik and snare but sequenced differently and pitched down a little, did you feel that these were descent in their own? Also I'm using the ambient sound that the track opens with. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
20-09-2011 04:42
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Your melodies aren't in the same key, doesn't sound right.

Also, the track lacks a good flow. It keeps stopping en restarting every 2 bars. You can do that in a buildup or a bridge, but not the whole track.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

20-09-2011 08:27 Homepage of Surya
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

Helpfulness rating: 

Yeah started this track with the beepy type synth sound, which is out of tune, and built the rest of the track around which is basically the opposite of how I normally make a track. Guess my ears got used to it and kind of made the whole track off, the drums didn't help either. Oh well back to the studio, got one I think will do better, might be finished tonight.
21-09-2011 02:20
modufy
Producer

Registration Date: 21-09-2011

the synth or bass seems off key, drum patterns a bit wierd, first half is filled out and then second half it just stops...that high pitched synth adds a bit of quirkyness to it which is cool and i like that little chain of reversed hits at 2:30. I think if ur guna keep the drum pattern the kicks low end should be pumped up more, or even just hav a different kick for the hits in the aforementioned second half.
21-09-2011 19:04
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Good moody vibe. Like the beat - fits the vibe. Nice roller. Good effort man. Like all your little fx and pad sounds also.
09-10-2011 19:41
Charlieb59

Registration Date: 17-10-2011

Nice track but i think you could of added more synths and maybe made the bass a bit heaver and maybe added some effects on it like distortion or over drive, but all round a good track, i like the drum break it has a old skool feel to it which is nice to hear, i think the track is a bit repetetive and maybe could of had a bit more variation, and maybe a better climax and drom as it was slighty bland but hey sweet track carry on your work its good you have skill you have skill
07-11-2011 16:59
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Rythor1 - Kill Hop