drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dethworm - Vajra
Go to the bottom of this page Dethworm - Vajra
Author
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

Please check out my new track 'Vajra' and post your comments here!

Feedback on this track would be maximum appreciated. This and subterfuge are going on an EP for release on Dirty Recordz and I want to get them perfect. The feedback on Subterfuge was amazing and will really help make it perfect. I will give feedback tom night on every damn tune in the forum! Thanks again...

Riv

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
16-09-2011 07:46 Homepage of Dethworm
csel csel is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3166.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2010

This is awesome!!!! Nasty all the way!!! Sounds a bit like NiN Smile But i think you got to be carefull with the distortion. It tend to effect other elements in the frequencies. But its a damn nice track!!! Congratz on the release Smile

__
visit my soundcloud y'all http://soundcloud.com/csel
16-09-2011 09:21
Shinjuku_Night Shinjuku_Night is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3134.jpg

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

hi, nice sounds here
the track is good and i like the drums and the bass sound + effects
mastering sounds ok to me, (old pc headphones at the moment)i have better headphones at my home

good track yeah!
16-09-2011 10:06
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The guitar riff in the intro isn't really in sync with the beats, it is too loud (overcompressed) and irritating. The kickdrum is too silent.
The whole bass thing sounds thin (compression again?). It seems to go to a drop several times, but it never drops. Not even sure if this is dubstep, drumstep or whatever step, but it's not doing the trick "as is".
Needs work work work.

The track in your sig is WAY better.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
16-09-2011 11:46 Homepage of BattleDrone
Dethworm Dethworm is a male
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

Thanks for the feedback so far. I wasn't really going for a "droppy" type song more of a smooth roller with a dark kinda moving beat. It isn't classifiable, I don't think, in genera, its 170 bpm but snare is halftime and other elements are at 170 to give it that off kilter effect. It has elements of both dubstep and drum n bass buts its neither and I dont really think its that danceable. I haven't mixed it on my monitors yet only on my headphones so I am sure there are definitely elements to the mix that need work (ones mentioned). I personally don't think the track is my sig is WAY better because its an entirely different type of music, its like comparing apples with oranges but I can see how it has more commercially "appeal". I guess I would pump out stuff like that all the time but I can't really make myself, the songs just comes to me and form themselves in a way over time. Frown . I am going to mix this one down today and re-post. Thanks again and keep em coming!

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
16-09-2011 19:11 Homepage of Dethworm
AuroraFlux AuroraFlux is a male
AuroraFlux

Registration Date: 13-09-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

wow im really diggin the vibe in this one!!! but @ the begining the fx you had for the atmosphere sounded like they werent "beef" enough nice and airy but maybe a bit to much, also you should include more sub bass and maybe put your drums (the kick and carib drum) through a multiband compressor, this would add some umph" to the feeling and also add a few sub hits to the intro and chorus because i kind of felt as though the vibe dont get me wrong solid as hell but it didnt hold through the whole track, as though i was listening to a mashup of 3 tracks that were mixed well but none the less three tracks lol, but man i love your stuff keep up the good work!!!
16-09-2011 19:13 Homepage of AuroraFlux
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I like it.

I do feel like it is a bit lacking in the sub department, the lower end doesn't sound warm and full.

Here and there there a few samples that sound off beat. Maybe that was intentional, but it bothered me a bit here and there.

If you like dubsteppy vibes with eastern influences, you might wanna check out this: http://www.drumnbass.be/vote.html?id=4441

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-09-2011 19:33 Homepage of Surya
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Overall not a bad track. The sitar sample does lose cadence here and there and the track is missing something on the low end. The congas that kick in are panned a bit too hard and sound seperated from the track. There is an overcompressed sound going as well. On the up side it is a fresh kinda style, arrangement is fairly well done and the song stays interesting. the heavy reverbed snare gets a little overbearing by the end of the track, just polish this baby up a little and you got something.
17-09-2011 05:04
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dethworm - Vajra