drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » godd - If You Need Me
Go to the bottom of this page godd - If You Need Me
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Please check out my new track 'If You Need Me' and post your comments here!

this is the first track i've ever finished. it's made with ableton live, and although it still needs a little work (especially the intro) it's already quite listenable.. so please let me know what you think (mainly about mixing & mastering) - any remark at all would be most appreciated.

thx!
22-08-2011 17:28
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Writing as I listen. Sounds like you saved it as a super low mp3. Like the intro, super uplifting good use of effects and image. Drums could be a little bit louder with some punch to them but .. never mind there it comes. I really like that synth that comes in and the drop. The little halftime beats are a good add. really like just after 3min that pause then back in to the normal beat. The only complaint really is that it's the same bass/synth line throughout the whole thing. change it up and this would be a banger. For your first finished track it's really good.
22-08-2011 17:43
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sounds like this is pre mstr but is still way too quiet coz i really have to ramp it to hear everything.
Super nice drop, nice use of phasing and other effects.
Gonna be a banger mate, just need to get the levels up to where they need to be.
Got a feeling the main snare is gonna get ragged to fuck when it is pushed tho coz it sticks out quite alot louder than everything else at the mo.

Liking!
22-08-2011 20:28
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Really good stuff goin here man, but mixdown and mastering def needs some work. Its funny, you spend all this time learnin how to make a solid track just to learn there is a whole other element to makin a quality song, I still struggle with mixdown and mastering, sometimes I think I got the next club anthem and then I go play it in my car and it sounds like shit. You got talent man, but try this. Finish a track and then play it right after a similar style track by your favorite producer in your car, on your home stereo or wherever you listin to music most and look for the differences in volume and eq and whatever else you here, then go change it up, bounce it out and try again, its a long trial and error process but eventually you start to recognize what your tracks need or don't need. Good luck man, peace.
23-08-2011 06:04
KingWJ KingWJ is a male
Mashbanger

Registration Date: 28-10-2006

It's melodic very nice!!
I love the heavier parts the most. But i'd like t listen to this in better quality Smile
23-08-2011 21:51 Homepage of KingWJ
godd godd is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks for the reactions guys. yeah, i know it's too quiet, but i can't get my sub loud enough without it distorting all over the place - so basically i had to lower every instrument until it wasn't louder than the maximum level of sub.. but i'm starting to suspect that the problem lies in my pretty cheap subwoofer :/
24-08-2011 11:50
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

I don't even use a sub just my rokit 6's. I feel like having a sub will give me an incorrect perception of how my bass sounds, it will either be too much or not enough and i will change the mix accordingly which could in reality actually be fucking it all up. So I just make it sound good on the rokits and my sony mdr-v900's. then do the usual tests of stereo's and whatnot for final tweaks.
24-08-2011 12:37
godd godd is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

that's a great idea! i've managed to turn up the volume and it sounds a lot better; the higher quality version is on soundcloud

thanks for the replies guys, it was quite helpful
25-08-2011 15:33
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Nice one, i wanna remix it, man really good vibe, just need some beefing up, its quite quiet
rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

26-08-2011 12:20 Homepage of tryptech
marioman94

Registration Date: 26-08-2011

Oh yea master it up and make it loud. The volume is quiet but pretty even so master should be easy. Maybe tweak the bass so it has more sub but also more exciting in higher frequencies. Also make sure that the snare hits hard by making room for it. It sounds like it will already so good job. First song I listened to on this site and the composition is great! keep up the good work.
26-08-2011 20:38
KingWJ KingWJ is a male
Mashbanger

Registration Date: 28-10-2006

Good job, i love the vocals on top! The drums can be approved in my opinion. A little bit more variations will do wonders.
Your drop: the idea is very nice, but it sounds all quite muddy. You should do some equalizing there! That will make it more crisp!
I love the tune, but i would love it more when finnished!!
Keep up the good work man!!
27-08-2011 14:42 Homepage of KingWJ
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez,
apart from the fact your mix is EXTREMELY quiet- it all sounds really quite good Smile

Definitely got that Hospital sound..

Some great layering and ambience.
Snare is a bit dry and boring, but - the other elements are really strong and the vocal also works well. Not keen on the panning on the vocal tho- makes me dizzy on headphones!
Generally very good- but the drum work could do with some more love.

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
29-08-2011 14:23
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Hot tune, too silent though

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
29-08-2011 17:15 Homepage of BattleDrone
mrtasteytunes mrtasteytunes is a male
Alto DnB

images/avatars/avatar-3456.jpg

Registration Date: 27-05-2011

Nice one man, good work on the vocals are they sampled from aint no mountian?

Like what others are saying it is a bit quiet, and i think the drums could use a little touch up but otherwise its a banger

__
Soundcloud
30-08-2011 04:01 Homepage of mrtasteytunes
godd godd is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

yes, they're indeed from ain't no mountain.
and i agree: the panning on the vocals is a bit too much, and i don't really like the kick either. but this was meant as a practice track, i'm gonna divert my energy to making something new and better instead of improving this one since i grew quite tired of it Smile
been working on it for 2 months every day 'cause i knew literally nothing about ableton..
but thx for the responses, without you guys it would have taken me a lot longer to realize it was too quiet!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by godd: 30-08-2011 14:03.

30-08-2011 14:02
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

The ideas are good, just needs mastering and limiting. Get your hands on some WAVES! L3 will do the trick. Z

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
02-09-2011 21:44 Homepage of Dub Bananez
remcomusic

Registration Date: 20-10-2011

its like there is a auto filter over it all it has to come out yet you need to boost up the drums and the bass but its prety good already Smile
20-10-2011 15:27
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » godd - If You Need Me