drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » sAv - People Gonna Wild
Go to the bottom of this page sAv - People Gonna Wild
Author
sAv

images/avatars/avatar-3397.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2009

Please check out my new track 'People Gonna Wild' and post your comments here!

an older output i am working on a long time, i am not happy with mastering and all over sound, maybe someone would handle this? always happy about tipps and comments. thx alot

__
www.soundcloud.com/savdnb

18-08-2011 03:53 Homepage of sAv
elfeeandlee

Registration Date: 12-08-2011

cool. drums need a boost? good samps and baseline
18-08-2011 04:01
sAv sAv is a male
sAv

thx man, happy to read those words Smile as soon as possible i upload a actualy song Smile

__

18-08-2011 13:34 Homepage of sAv
Tuned3f

Registration Date: 18-08-2011

I don't know if I like this, nor can I see this going anywhere.

I think the bass needs a lot of work (effects, mastering, etc.) Needs eqing too.
18-08-2011 16:09
Tuned3f

Registration Date: 18-08-2011

The intro is kind of out of place, I just kinda heard it and went wtf? The "a rush" sample made me Laugh pretty hard because at some points it sounds like "huurrr". The german ssample was pretty wierd too lol. The bass needs a lot of work, lots of processing and effects. Drums sound good, but the steady bass that doesn't stop just really brings this down.
18-08-2011 16:22
sAv sAv is a male
sAv

ok, pretty thx for time invest, never think about that constant bassline but now, if you say that, you are right ^^ .... damn, i will play around with the used stuff and reupload a new version soon ! thx for comments, its very helpful for me !

__

18-08-2011 18:39 Homepage of sAv
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Not sure what to make of this....
The sub is eating all the space and there's way too much compression on the drums.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-08-2011 09:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Low end frequencies will drown out your mix if pushed too hard mate and this im sorry to say is a classic example.
Drop your levels dude and mix everything back in making sure as you push things up in the mix you aint making things dissapear.

Your drums also sound too squashed, like you have put a limiter on them and ragged the crap out of the threshhold.

To get the end result sounding better you need to mix at a lower level, this way when you put a final mastering limiter on at the end they have head room to be pushed and not squashed.

Hope this helps mate, keep going!
20-08-2011 18:00
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Some of the sounds are fighting for space. The snare is smothered. I would solo the sounds in the project to see what can be subtracted or EQ'd to make more space. Play the drumz solo and slowly filter EQ different regions of the bass so you can subtract the reagion that swallowed the drumz up. Z

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
21-08-2011 09:44 Homepage of Dub Bananez
RaidaOne
Unlock'D

Registration Date: 21-08-2011

sorry man drums are freakin weak, i would suggest a complete new drumset and try du push the drums with more effects.. not that its overpowered but try to learn how to handle it, theyre boring and bad mastered and sound like 8 bit drums or something..
the bass line is boring too in my opinion, try messin around with some effects and changin resonance and cutoff and so one ..
i wonder if its just overpowered and my soundsystem is too bad but i think you should just work on drums and bassline..

__
http://soundcloud.com/raidaone
keep it up! Pleased
21-08-2011 22:07
sAv sAv is a male
sAv

heyho,

wow many replys, nice one and thx alot to all!!!!

wanna try def any hints out!

thx alot cya soon!

__

22-08-2011 02:45 Homepage of sAv
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Just sticking that movie sample -or whatever it is- in front of your track doesn't count as an intro. Flesh it out a bit with some FX and percussion samples to make it into a real intro

Drop: I like the groove, but the mastering is horrible. The snare sounds lofi, the hats/rides don't blend with the rest of the beats and the whole thing is overcompressed. Also: I'm missing some ghost snares here

Melodies: don't know, doesn't sound very inspired, just one note following an other, sounds kind of random.

Structure: you defentely need more elements (changes in the drums, new melodic elements) to keep this track interesting, I was bored by the 2 minute mark. After a few minutes you add a couple of other elements but those come too late, I was completely bored by then and no longer cared.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

22-08-2011 08:55 Homepage of Surya
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » sAv - People Gonna Wild