drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » jeffijoe - Brawler [wip]
Go to the bottom of this page jeffijoe - Brawler [wip]
Author
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Please check out my new track 'Brawler [wip]' and post your comments here!

Preview of something I've been working on. Happy with the intro, not at ALL with the main riff.

Not able to work too much on it these days, school n stuff. Frown

But yeah, I think I am getting somewhere with my neuro bass, finally. Smile

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

10-08-2011 18:20 Homepage of jeffijoe
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

Oh by the way - the drop will disappoint you Wink

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

10-08-2011 18:24 Homepage of jeffijoe
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Very nice intro. Nice growling bass Smile Didn't expect that melodic part to come in, but it works fine.

Drop: kind of an anti climax. The bassline lacks some sub and doesn't have the power or drive it did earlier. Drums are fine, but redo the whole bassline here.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

11-08-2011 11:20 Homepage of Surya
xSky

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Very nice intro. Nice growling bass Smile Didn't expect that melodic part to come in, but it works fine.

Drop: kind of an anti climax. The bassline lacks some sub and doesn't have the power or drive it did earlier. Drums are fine, but redo the whole bassline here.

Yeah, embarrased about the main riff - I have no inspiration for it atm tho.

What do you mean by anti-climax? Smile

Thanks man! Smile

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffijoe: 11-08-2011 17:03.

11-08-2011 17:00 Homepage of jeffijoe
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The main riff sounds thin, needs sub and a but more strength in the lo-mids.
Don't like the halfstep drums too much in the intro.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-08-2011 11:00 Homepage of BattleDrone
xSky

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
The main riff sounds thin, needs sub and a but more strength in the lo-mids.
Don't like the halfstep drums too much in the intro.

Right about the main riff.

I think the intro is pretty good tho, I'm happy with it Smile

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

12-08-2011 12:56 Homepage of jeffijoe
analysiss analysiss is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 02-10-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice intro n buildup nice lil melody in there goodstuff keep em comin!!
16-08-2011 16:13
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Really like the intro. I think the half step drums add to the build up. The atmosphere that builds up is really entrancing. I liek the build up to the drop but as you said the drop kind of sucks but thats only because it needs more. I would layer that main synth with something an octave lower doing the same thing. I'm a sucker for amens or any shuffley put so highpassing one and throwing it under the beat would help it move along nicely. Add some rides in there either sidechained with the kick or just don't put them with the kicks are. alternate between closed hats and open ones. It's definately in the right direction and could be huge.
16-08-2011 20:48
xSky

quote:
Originally posted by mattyb
Really like the intro. I think the half step drums add to the build up. The atmosphere that builds up is really entrancing. I liek the build up to the drop but as you said the drop kind of sucks but thats only because it needs more. I would layer that main synth with something an octave lower doing the same thing. I'm a sucker for amens or any shuffley put so highpassing one and throwing it under the beat would help it move along nicely. Add some rides in there either sidechained with the kick or just don't put them with the kicks are. alternate between closed hats and open ones. It's definately in the right direction and could be huge.

Thanks a lot man! THIS I can use ! Smile

Yeah, the bass needs more sub-powa! Smile

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

16-08-2011 20:50 Homepage of jeffijoe
Tuned3f

Registration Date: 18-08-2011

WIth a bit of work this could sound great.
18-08-2011 16:16
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

The mellody reminds me of the opening scene in Gladiator, kinda earrie. Kick can use some gate compression to make it harder and sharper (exp in the intro). Drumz in the intro can use some sounds and identity. Add some short FX short sounds and use them like drum percussion to push the drumz forward. An artist that does this very well is "Krusha" in his track "Room 101" the drum patterns and sounds he uses paint a picture and lure you in for a bite. The drumz in the drop could also use more sounds as well. I wish you the best in the progress of this track. Laterz Cheers.

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
21-08-2011 09:39 Homepage of Dub Bananez
xSky

quote:
Originally posted by Dub Bananez
The mellody reminds me of the opening scene in Gladiator, kinda earrie. Kick can use some gate compression to make it harder and sharper (exp in the intro). Drumz in the intro can use some sounds and identity. Add some short FX short sounds and use them like drum percussion to push the drumz forward. An artist that does this very well is "Krusha" in his track "Room 101" the drum patterns and sounds he uses paint a picture and lure you in for a bite. The drumz in the drop could also use more sounds as well. I wish you the best in the progress of this track. Laterz Cheers.

The melody is actually reversed "Am I Not Merciful" from Gladiator, with a bit of timestretching and stuff. I am surprised. Tongue

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

21-08-2011 15:00 Homepage of jeffijoe
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

quote:
Originally posted by jeffijoe
quote:
Originally posted by Dub Bananez

The melody is actually reversed "Am I Not Merciful" from Gladiator, with a bit of timestretching and stuff. I am surprised. Tongue

I like the movie and think it has good sound. We also "dub a lot!"

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
21-08-2011 16:25 Homepage of Dub Bananez
RaidaOne
Unlock'D

Registration Date: 21-08-2011

i like the intro because of the instruments, but the drums arent going in my head, i would work on the kick and especially on the snare,
drop comes very surprising.. the bassline is ok and here fit the durms much better

__
http://soundcloud.com/raidaone
keep it up! Pleased
21-08-2011 21:44
xSky

quote:
Originally posted by RaidaOne
i like the intro because of the instruments, but the drums arent going in my head, i would work on the kick and especially on the snare,
drop comes very surprising.. the bassline is ok and here fit the durms much better

There are many opinions I see. I don't know if you heard of Xilent, hes pretty big right now. He told me the snare was very well mastered, and I should keep it as a preset. Tongue

Thanks for your feedback, much apreciated! Smile

__
--- My Soundcloud ---

22-08-2011 17:07 Homepage of jeffijoe
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Not enough happening for me I'm afraid, you need to find time! You sound like you've got the right ideas, just put them down more often. Deffo has potential from the intro, work on your percussion.
25-08-2011 23:31
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » jeffijoe - Brawler [wip]