drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Waves L3 Multimaximizer
Go to the bottom of this page Waves L3 Multimaximizer
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Waves has released the new version of the Ultramaximizer - the L3 Multimaximizer. It is a 5-band multi band compressor of outstanding quality. Compatible with VST, DirectX and other standards.

Read more here

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-08-2004 16:45 Homepage of thechronic
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

i'm still using the L1...how much better is the L3, do you know? is it worth it to get this one?

__

12-08-2004 01:29
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

neato !
have been using the L1 // renaissance comp. and the TLS maximizer
but this one looks like a huge improvement compared to the L1

defo gonna try this out

__
It's a spiritual thing !

12-08-2004 09:56
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

images/avatars/avatar-291.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

mmm one hell of a beast but it'll need a gentle touch or everything that goes thru will be devastated Big Grin
Gonna test it too!
13-08-2004 01:52
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I have used the L2 hardware unit a couple of times in mastering sessions and it works very well. The input was quite low (around -20dBFS nominally) but the output was very steady at -0.01dBFS, even when only very slight compression was used.
When you compress too much it starts to sound really nasty, but that's typical for all digital compressors.

The price is a bit steep though for just a plug in ($600), considering you need to buy high end AD/DA converters (ie sound card) separately. Throw in a good single band plug in and a good eq plug in and you end up paying around ¤2600 for a mastering set up on PC. Still cheaper than having to buy all the hardware though Wink A decent analog mastering compressor can easily cost you ¤3500 or more...

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
13-08-2004 05:51 Homepage of thechronic
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I have used the L2 hardware unit a couple of times in mastering sessions and it works very well. The input was quite low (around -20dBFS nominally) but the output was very steady at -0.01dBFS, even when only very slight compression was used.
When you compress too much it starts to sound really nasty, but that's typical for all digital compressors.

The price is a bit steep though for just a plug in ($600), considering you need to buy high end AD/DA converters (ie sound card) separately. Throw in a good single band plug in and a good eq plug in and you end up paying around ¤2600 for a mastering set up on PC. Still cheaper than having to buy all the hardware though Wink A decent analog mastering compressor can easily cost you ¤3500 or more...

yea, but i don't hear you denying that it's worth it's price Wink

i have a TC electronics software plugin, and the TlS maximizer (which is based on TC technology, i believe)

and at home we have a TC mastering processor (you're familiar with them Wink Big Grin hehehe) can tell you that the hardware still EATS all the software plugins i encountered yet ... :p

lotsa soft comes close nowadays, certainly if u go combining vst's etc etc ...
but still .... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

__
It's a spiritual thing !

13-08-2004 14:37
BigFire BigFire is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1086.jpg

Registration Date: 09-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.25

Why buy the l3 when you allready have the l2 and the l1 and all you need to do is get a good multiband like the ultafunk. It looks like all they did was put a multi band comp with the l2.

__
Where's the fucking bass??!!
10-01-2005 00:19
@1$-)
unregistered
tHE L1 IS SHIT - HOT BUT THIS LOOKS MENTAL, MIND YOU....IF YOUVE GOT THE RENAISSANCE EQ AND THE C4 WITH THE L1 DO YOU REALLY NEED ANYMORE???
10-01-2005 18:03
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

DUDE YA LEFT CAPS LOCK ON. THAT'S NOT VERY NICE. IT KINDA LOOKS LIKE YELLING.
HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

10-01-2005 18:18 Homepage of Halph-Price
@1$-)
unregistered
I AM YELLING!!!! AAAARGHHHHH....er....mmmk......point taken Pleased
10-01-2005 20:22
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » Waves L3 Multimaximizer