drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Rythor1 - Another Time
Go to the bottom of this page Rythor1 - Another Time
Author
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Another Time' and post your comments here!

One of my darker tracks, this is the first song I've put out there and I know the drums could be beefed up a little but I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback, thanks.
03-08-2011 20:15
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez man,
welcome aboard.

Can be nerve wracking putting music up for public consumption..

Ok- intro is nice and dark.. intro dialog could do with some subtle fx (verb? delay?)
like the stab with fx during the dialog

sweeps at 0:48 are cool Smile

filtered drums are nice..
bass stabs are ok sit inthe mix alright

drop needs to be much larger for such moodiness Wink
Your kick is HEAVY but it works with the other sounds and layers
drums are a bit thin- snare in particular needs phatting up- try camel crusher or layer mutiple snares
like the bass melody Smile the reece stabs are less fitting though imo.
Variation was lacking towards the end- but- quite enjoyed listening to this! Smile Cheers!

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
03-08-2011 20:31
doolhoofd
discobol

images/avatars/avatar-3386.jpg

Registration Date: 02-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Dig the flow. Dig the general atmosphere of the track. Could use a little more agression, maybe something like the tight hardcore breakdowns in this track http://www2.mrtzcmp3.net/Illformants_Simex_1s.html

Do not dig the sounds @ 00.21, 00.32, 00.42 all too much, not the biggest fan of those. They're not bad, they work in the whole but they're kinda corny imo

Distorted bass sound @ 02.34 - 02.40 and onward is awesome, fits the track perfectly. You've got like three or four kinds of bass going on, nice work on those!

Personally I wouldn't use the word 'time' as a separatse sound sample, I'd always use the 'another time' in one piece.

Agree with Impact on the variation thing, it is repetitive; but that's the case with most dnb so don't take it personally.

Absolutely not bad, especially for a first upload..

__
.:::GENERATIONS PASS:::.
.:::CIVILISATIONS DIE:::.
.:::THE BLiNK OF AN EYE:::.
.:::IN GALACTIC TIME:::.
03-08-2011 22:15 Homepage of doolhoofd
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Liking the vibes from the off....
don't like those fast stabby sounds so much...
beats filters in nicely.
the drop feels a little disjointed imo but I really like the way things fit together musically.

really like the rougher bass at 3.28. rawspy

Overall this is great, the vibe and such is there its more in the execution but that's where experience and practice get you.

Just be happy that you can finish tracks....I can't!

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

03-08-2011 22:24 Homepage of D2o
Rythor1 Rythor1 is a male
D.R.U.

images/avatars/avatar-3447.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2011

Helpfulness rating: 

Thank you guys for the feedback, great advice on the track, a lot of what was said are things I was feelin about the track like the snare being thin and the first break being kinda weak. I just purchased an e6400 ultra so I'm going back to school for a moment but I cant wait to up some more songs, look forward to hearin yours as well, peace... Smile
04-08-2011 01:36
Alyiann
Tourist

Registration Date: 12-03-2011

Agreed with Impact , those voices could have more reverb or delay .
I don't like sounds which appears for example in 0:42 , it twist my body as hell, well maybe it should do that Smile
Now about the drums , i like them , hats are very soft but they adventure form ear to ear which is clever and good idea for nice sounding .
I don't feel the bass very good, or maybe my headphones are kinda out of order;/ dunno
Don't know why but this track chill's me very good , but you should spice him couse' from time to time is kinda borind , some faster , slower parts , holdings (lol - crappy name).
But overall is very good ! Sound's are clear and well mastered I like it Wink
05-08-2011 13:43
I Am Nowhere
I AM NOWHERE

Registration Date: 02-08-2011

love the start, those samples are nice and its creepy, then thwe melodies come in and it adds more atmosphere and really gives a more drum and bass feel to it, however start the drums a bit later with more sound, it just sounds like background junk early on, drop could be enhanced, hard to see, and also there could be some more atmosphere and drama behind the melody, feels a bit plain, but its good, i do like it and the darkness to it, now make it darker!
05-08-2011 22:01 Homepage of I Am Nowhere
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Maybe add some hats or rides to the intro?

Deep sub, which is too loud.

The snare sounds very thin, so yes, it needs beefing up.

You kind of randomly alternate between the different elements, there doesn't seem to be a clear structure to the track. You need to work on that.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

08-08-2011 15:20 Homepage of Surya
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 

like the mid-bass-stuff goin on quite much, just missin the "basic" idea to the song a little. vocals are nice, though gettin repetitive after like 4mins. drums could use some variation (and beef as u said) imo. track has definitely potential, maybe try structuring the ideas a bit more to make them clear, really like the sounds u create in there! cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
10-08-2011 11:33
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Rythor1 - Another Time